Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
Ugh, I would have loved to dumped him for a steaming pile of s***. We have soooo many guards.

After the trades, we should of ditched Hunter and re-signed the one guy we signed to the 10 day deal.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
After the trades, we should of ditched Hunter and re-signed the one guy we signed to the 10 day deal.

Hunter is here to coach Derrick Rose, and that's the only reason. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd much rather give minutes to Law than Pargo.

Sounds like Al Jefferson got arrested for drunk driving last night after getting blown out by the Blazers at home. I was at the game and it was ugly, but that's no excuse to get behind the wheel while drunk. I would hope players on the Wolves would know better than to be that stupid, given the past.

Edited by Felix

Right now I hope the top 4 seedings in the East stay where they are.

Would much rather face Atlanta instead of Boston in the 2nd round. And that's only because we matchup a lot better with Atlanta, even though I think Boston are a good candidate to be knocked out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
Well, that game was good at the end of the third and start of the fourth, it just got away from them then.

I miss Joakim.

The Bulls would get that #5 seed if they could just become and stay healthy. But that seems unlikely. Tonight has disaster written all over it with Deng and Noah hurt, plus an opponent in Atlanta who has dominated the Bulls recently as it is.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Derrick Rose has got to do a better job rebounding the basketball, especially with Joakim and possibly Luol out for a few games. I don't blame his assist being down with no pure shooters when he passes the ball, but he's regressing in the rebounding responsibility. Defense, 3 point ball, using your strength to box out and rebound. No particular order he's got to work on this offseason. I didn't even mention drawing fouls (though that is more on the refs too) and alittle post up game (not many people talk about this but, he has the size/athleticism. Plus I love watching Billups/Davis post up other PGs though this isn't a necessity.) I have my doubts if he'll ever develop into a Jason Kidd type player (which he was projected to be if everything goes right, minus shooting) but I can see (and settle) for D. Wade part 2 in PG form as a second alternative.

Edited by SoxAce

Rose is a much, much better shooter and scorer than Kidd (Kidd is better at 3 point shooting, but from the field, it's not even close, plus Rose shoots and scores more.) With that in mind, Rose probably won't ever be at the level Kidd has been in assists, although having better teammates someday will help. Rose is averaging about 4 rebounds a game, to Kidd's career total of about 6 and a half a game. If Rose can get closer ot 5 in that department, I'd be happy. And I think he can.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)
Rose is a much, much better shooter and scorer than Kidd (Kidd is better at 3 point shooting, but from the field, it's not even close, plus Rose shoots and scores more.) With that in mind, Rose probably won't ever be at the level Kidd has been in assists, although having better teammates someday will help. Rose is averaging about 4 rebounds a game, to Kidd's career total of about 6 and a half a game. If Rose can get closer ot 5 in that department, I'd be happy. And I think he can.

It seems he's taken Wade's shooting for sure. Kidd has always been a triple double waiting to happen every game. He can rebound and find his teammates and make anyone better. I'd be happy with a combination, and your right.. Kidd was just a beast with passing the ball (similar to Nash/Paul) not to mention his career 6.6 in rebounding is just insane for a PG. (who knows if that would be higher if he didn't get injured early part in his career) Don't get me started on his steals as well. It would be nice though to see Rose finish with 20-4-7 though he's got a long ways to go with the assist. 2010 FA is so crucial to this organization and his development. (not to mention the coaching change) BTW.. it's weird it took Kidd 18 years to actually shoot over 43% from the field/3.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
The Bulls would get that #5 seed if they could just become and stay healthy. But that seems unlikely. Tonight has disaster written all over it with Deng and Noah hurt, plus an opponent in Atlanta who has dominated the Bulls recently as it is.

Between Joakim and TCQ, I hate plantar fasciitis.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
Derrick Rose has got to do a better job rebounding the basketball, especially with Joakim and possibly Luol out for a few games. I don't blame his assist being down with no pure shooters when he passes the ball, but he's regressing in the rebounding responsibility. Defense, 3 point ball, using your strength to box out and rebound. No particular order he's got to work on this offseason. I didn't even mention drawing fouls (though that is more on the refs too) and alittle post up game (not many people talk about this but, he has the size/athleticism. Plus I love watching Billups/Davis post up other PGs though this isn't a necessity.) I have my doubts if he'll ever develop into a Jason Kidd type player (which he was projected to be if everything goes right, minus shooting) but I can see (and settle) for D. Wade part 2 in PG form as a second alternative.

i think Rose's game actually most resembles tony parker's. they both are solid mid range shooters and likes to penetrate and finishes well around the basket, and are extremely quick in the open court. neither are good at 3 shooting nor racks up steals, and rebounds. Both are medicore free throw and so-so defenders. parker averaged 6 to 7 assists a game and i think rose will do the same next season after we get a couple of good players. there is no other points guards who are more similar in their game in rose and parker. but i will give rose the clear advantage in athleticism, that's why i think in this prime, rose would be slightly better than parker of last season when he averaged 22 pt, 4 reb, 7 asst, 1stl, and shot 50% from the field. rose would do a bit better in the scoring department.

with that said, parker carries the championship winning pedigree, and he is a proven winner, and i can see that in rose also. while neither will win any MVP awards, i think if we sign a good big man who could patrol the paint, ie. bosh, to pair up with rose, i think we can expect to see the bulls in the deep of the playoffs every year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 07:24 AM)
Frank had a brutal time with it as well.

As did Thome, Pujols and Andres Nocioni.

Its so strange, up until the last 10 years I never even heard of it. Now it affects a lot of players

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 09:29 AM)
Eli Manning had it this past year IIRC.

Yeah I remember that now.

Still, such a strange thing that it just came out of the woodwork recently. Its like when all the sudden the rotator cuff injury affected everyone(especially the 2000 white sox)