Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bulls waive Hunter

The oldest player in the NBA is done. The Bulls will waive 39 year old Lindsey Hunter and sign Chris Richard for the remainder of the season. The move will come on Wednesday and help to fortify the paper thin front line. Hunter has hardly played this season but will remain around as a quasi coach in waiting. All along he was brought in to tutor Derrick Rose both on and off the court and that won’t change.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
Hmm, Hasheem Thabeet sent to D-League.

That was such a bad pick, I'll never understand his predraft hype.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmZ7...o&type=lgns

“It’s pretty cool, but there is not much really to do,” Thabeet said.

Sounds like he's lived there his whole life.

I'm heading home on Saturday morning for Spring Break, so if I get there in time to see some Thabeet, I'm going to do so.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
And people here and other places were bashing VDN for taking it easy with Noah to win a few more games. Obviously the guy is hurting enough where he couldn't make it past a few 6 minute games without feeling the ill effects.

VDN played him what, 27 minutes for a game last friday, right before he had to start sitting out again?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
So like 3 6 minute games and a 27 minute one when fans and JN were both demanding more minutes. Wasn't Friday's game an OT one?

Somethin like that. I still feel VDN f***ed up on that decision. Noah was better off being rested those games (might have been back in about a week or so from now if that happened), or you play him 5-10 minutes, than up it to about 5 more to see how he feels. Not play him 6 minutes twice then 25+ minutes. That was just a poor decision once again. (though Vinny is used to that) Not only costing Noah time to heal up, but s***.. his stats dramatically dropped. (I know Noah doesn't care about personal stats, more-so winning, which is why I have more respect for him than Deng, but it probably lost him the most improved player award)

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
Looks like Rodney Stuckey had a seizure and was taken away on a stretcher. Pretty scary stuff.

Ya that was crazy. They updated he is in stable condition and will stay overnight, which is good news.

i am officially sick of derrick rose's game. how can a player with his size and athleticism at his position play 42 minutes and not get a board. in the past 5 games he has averaged like 1.5 rpg per game, i didnt mind that he doesn't get steals and block if he plays acceptable defense and gets pedestrian assists, doesnt shoot threes, and doesn't draw fouls if he scores efficiently, but not getting boards when your team is desperate for it? that's no excuse even if you have 2 banged knees. for the record, he played the most minutes tonight, and was the only one failed to grab a rebound.

it seems that the areas he doesn't do well outnumbers the areas he is good at, and his game has taken a step backward in every department except in scoring and "asserting more leadership" If he doesn't take a big step forward next season, i can see him being the scapegoat of the team's failure. to tell you the truth, i rather have a guy who is good all around player at the point, ie. westbrook, curry, collison, or evans, than a robotic and systematic guy like rose.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
i am officially sick of derrick rose's game. how can a player with his size and athleticism at his position play 42 minutes and not get a board. in the past 5 games he has averaged like 1.5 rpg per game, i didnt mind that he doesn't get steals and block if he plays acceptable defense and gets pedestrian assists, doesnt shoot threes, and doesn't draw fouls if he scores efficiently, but not getting boards when your team is desperate for it? that's no excuse even if you have 2 banged knees. for the record, he played the most minutes tonight, and was the only one failed to grab a rebound.

it seems that the areas he doesn't do well outnumbers the areas he is good at, and his game has taken a step backward in every department except in scoring and "asserting more leadership" If he doesn't take a big step forward next season, i can see him being the scapegoat of the team's failure. to tell you the truth, i rather have a guy who is good all around player at the point, ie. westbrook, curry, collison, or evans, than a robotic and systematic guy like rose.

title-this_post_sucks.png

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)
I don't really know how to respond to the above post.

Print it out, get a red pen, and fix grammar issues?

Anyway, Joakim, go get a robot leg, now.

I am disliking this losing streak, especially with Miami, Charlotte, and Milwaukee all winning.

I hope Derrick learned alot from Jason Kidd in this game for the future. Kidd is what Rose should be/projected to be as a pure PG. A "consistent triple double threat every game" type player (though of course he's the much better shooter/scorer). He's D-Wade 2.0 right now which is good, and hopefully when he gets shooters/better players next season we will see his assist go up, and hopefully he can improve his D this summer and his 3 point shooting. I LOVE how he got a post game going tonight as well against the other PGs. Hope to see more of that from him. Would like to see him rebound a bit better like Hinrich has been doing, but he is the least of our problems. Kirk and Luol have got to be better at showing up game in game out.

Vinny is such a terrible coach, but I'm sure we all knew that. JJ was fantastic tonight, and of course he plays little minutes.

Whats up with the above post BTW? Geez man think before you post.

Edited by SoxAce

Griping about Rose's rebounding is like complaining that The Big Hurt couldn't play shortstop. You pay your PG to drive, handle the ball and run the offense, not crash the boards. He's averaging a whopping 1.7 fewer boards than Jason Kidd (who leads all PG's) entering tonight. Even if you go by rebounds/48, he's only 2.3 behind Kidd. In other words, who gives a flying f***?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
Griping about Rose's rebounding is like complaining that The Big Hurt couldn't play shortstop. You pay your PG to drive, handle the ball and run the offense, not crash the boards. He's averaging a whopping 1.7 fewer boards than Jason Kidd (who leads all PG's) entering tonight. Even if you go by rebounds/48, he's only 2.3 behind Kidd. In other words, who gives a flying f***?

Yep pretty much.

You could make an argument that Rose is the best PG in the Eastern Conference right now. Criticising him for his lack of rebounding, is like saying Dwight Howard should be shooting more 3PT's.

But the Bulls are in a little bit of bother right now. Looks like they could slip to 9th before they get Noah back. The Bucks are the 2nd hottest team in the NBA post ASB, while the Heat finally have Wade healthy.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 03:11 AM)
Yep pretty much.

You could make an argument that Rose is the best PG in the Eastern Conference right now. Criticising him for his lack of rebounding, is like saying Dwight Howard should be shooting more 3PT's.

But the Bulls are in a little bit of bother right now. Looks like they could slip to 9th before they get Noah back. The Bucks are the 2nd hottest team in the NBA post ASB, while the Heat finally have Wade healthy.

Well, Dwight can make half court shots from his butt, so why not 3's?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 08:05 AM)
Is the swapping of 1st round picks with Milwaukee per the Salmons deal protected in any way? I thought I read top 10 protection but I'm not sure.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/salmons_trade_100218.html

The Chicago Bulls traded John Salmons to the Milwaukee Bucks for Joe Alexander and Hakim Warrick (pronounced Ha-keem).

In addition, Chicago traded the Bulls' regular second round draft choices in 2011 and 2012. Also, Milwaukee has the option in NBA Draft 2010 of switching first round picks with Chicago, so long as Chicago's first round pick is not a top 10 selection.