Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
And Johnson actually didn't perform that badly getting starters minutes.

He's a good looking player when he gets minutes. Good spot up shooter too with range for easy assist for Derrick in the future and can take guys off the dribble. Still raw of course, but I like him.

Maybe we can get the Derrick Rose magic lottery balls again this year and get Evan Turner. Then, pick up the elite PF we've needed and be set. It's been very depressing watching the Bulls the last seven games, but granted we have been missing the three best players in various games and played a tough schedule, but it only goes to show how weak our team is besides the Big Three.

EDIT: I think we get the Bucks pick this year instead, right? If so DAMMIT.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
Maybe we can get the Derrick Rose magic lottery balls again this year and get Evan Turner. Then, pick up the elite PF we've needed and be set. It's been very depressing watching the Bulls the last seven games, but granted we have been missing the three best players in various games and played a tough schedule, but it only goes to show how weak our team is besides the Big Three.

EDIT: I think we get the Bucks pick this year instead, right? If so DAMMIT.

Yes. Unless the Bulls get the 10th pick, which is protected, the Bucks will make the playoffs AND ass-rape the Bulls in swapping picks. That Salmons trade could turn out to be horrendous. If I would have known this before, I wouldn't have minded taking the first offer Gar had with the 2 aging centers (didn't say anything about swapping picks or adding 2nd rounders) instead of Warrick/Alexander.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)
Rose stuck his left arm out to actually push away Howard though, so it actually could have been called an offensive foul, and that's probably why he wasn't able to land properly on hs wrist.

whether he got knocked to the floor by howard or he didn't land properly because of his motion, I have never seen as offensive player got call for an offensive foul after flying to the floor and spraining his wrist, while the other guys is standing tall. definitely not an offensive foul.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)
whether he got knocked to the floor by howard or he didn't land properly because of his motion, I have never seen as offensive player got call for an offensive foul after flying to the floor and spraining his wrist, while the other guys is standing tall. definitely not an offensive foul.

They are never going to call that an offensive foul (even though Reggie Miller or Fratello picked up what I am saying about Rose extending his left arm into Howard's chest), but I am just saying that Howard is not 100% to blame for Rose's injury. Just bad luck more than anything.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
They are never going to call that an offensive foul (even though Reggie Miller or Fratello picked up what I am saying about Rose extending his left arm into Howard's chest), but I am just saying that Howard is not 100% to blame for Rose's injury. Just bad luck more than anything.

I would believe you, but this is twice now that this has happen. Howard is just a brick so I wouldn't expect for him to give any easy buckets, but it's another that you just don't attempt to block the shot (he put his hands straight up in the air and stood there) and get Rose with the body.. again. I don't care about that foul from Howard (Rose needs to to probably learn how to go with both feet in the air), but he's a big whiner when he doesn't get calls in the paint for every ticky tack foul I noticed. You think Shaq was anything like that when players played real defense in the 90s and Shaq was constantly abused? Don't even get me started on people flopping against him almost every game back then. (still now) He is the real superman not Howard.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
I would believe you, but this is twice now that this has happen. Howard is just a brick so I wouldn't expect for him to give any easy buckets, but it's another that you just don't attempt to block the shot (he put his hands straight up in the air and stood there) and get Rose with the body.. again. I don't care about that foul from Howard (Rose needs to to probably learn how to go with both feet in the air), but he's a big whiner when he doesn't get calls in the paint for every ticky tack foul I noticed. You think Shaq was anything like that when players played real defense in the 90s and Shaq was constantly abused? Don't even get me started on people flopping against him almost every game back then. (still now) He is the real superman not Howard.

Well I don't know what more you can expect him to do. He's not a guy who's going to take a charge, so he's going to stand there and contest the shot. It certainly wasn't anything close to a flagrant or anything.

The NBA is a perimeter star's league. Guys like LeBron, Wade, Kobe etc. are the ones who'll get the calls when they go to the basket for ticky tack fouls, not the likes of Howard. It's not like you could play real defense against Shaq in the 90's anyways, because the guy was just so damn big he'd back you down so easily, so the best they could do was flop. That certainly doesn't happen today for Howard (unless you're Pau Gasol).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
Well I don't know what more you can expect him to do. He's not a guy who's going to take a charge, so he's going to stand there and contest the shot. It certainly wasn't anything close to a flagrant or anything.

The NBA is a perimeter star's league. Guys like LeBron, Wade, Kobe etc. are the ones who'll get the calls when they go to the basket for ticky tack fouls, not the likes of Howard. It's not like you could play real defense against Shaq in the 90's anyways, because the guy was just so damn big he'd back you down so easily, so the best they could do was flop. That certainly doesn't happen today for Howard (unless you're Pau Gasol).

Wasn't saying it was flagrant. Like I said.. didn't mind the foul at all. He could have blocked it into next week (ala Gibson) though, but we'll agree to disagree on that. When your unguardable though.. I guess you have to do anything.Ya Pau is to Howard as Divac was to Shaq.. :lol:

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
Anyone have any projections of the top 10 guys for the draft?

Including leaving-early speculation...

If I had to guess, I'd say...

John Wall

Evan Turner

Wesley Johnson

Derrick Favors

DeMarcus Cousins

Greg Monroe

Xavier Henry

Pat Patterson

Cole Aldrich

Damion James

I'm sure I'm missing a name or two though.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)

John Wall

Evan Turner

Wesley Johnson

Derrick Favors

DeMarcus Cousins

Greg Monroe

Xavier Henry

Pat Patterson

Cole Aldrich

Damion James

There is always 1-4 names that blow up in the tournament out of nowhere too.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)

John Wall

Evan Turner

Wesley Johnson

Derrick Favors

DeMarcus Cousins

Greg Monroe

Xavier Henry

Pat Patterson

Cole Aldrich

Damion James

Here is nbadraft.net

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010mock_draft

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
I'd be scared as hell drafting Cousins.

No way is that guy mentally ready for the NBA (think Tyrus Thomas or Michael Beasley all over again).

I hope that Jazz don't draft him with the Knicks pick. Sloan vs Cousins, it wouldn't be pretty for Cousins.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
Sloan always wins

Exactly... which is why I don't think Jazz fans would ever have to worry about them taking a guy like Cousins b/c Sloan would never go for it in the 1st place.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
I'd be scared as hell drafting Cousins.

No way is that guy mentally ready for the NBA (think Tyrus Thomas or Michael Beasley all over again).

I was thinking more like Zach Randolph. Loads of potential, loads of s*** for brains.