Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
If I had to guess, I'd say...

John Wall

Evan Turner

Wesley Johnson

Derrick Favors

DeMarcus Cousins

Greg Monroe

Xavier Henry

Pat Patterson

Cole Aldrich

Damion James

I'm sure I'm missing a name or two though.

If the Bulls can get a top 10 Pick, who do you take?

I'd take...

Turner if they're extremely lucky.

Henry if they're somewhat lucky.

Aldrich if they're lucky enough to dodge a bullet from the Bucks.

Edited by Quinarvy

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 12:02 AM)
Bulls would have to lose a s***load of games to get into the top 10. I believe the Clippers are 7 games ahead of the Bulls as far as the #10 pick. Bucks either way you look at it, are sitting pretty.

Derrick Roses Magic Lottery?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
I was thinking more like Zach Randolph. Loads of potential, loads of s*** for brains.

Give Randolph some credit, he's actually turned his career around in Memphis.

Unforutately it only took him about 10 years to actually "get it".

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 05:02 AM)
Give Randolph some credit, he's actually turned his career around in Memphis.

Unforutately it only took him about 10 years to actually "get it".

I would be shocked if he has actually gotten it yet... More likely he finally got some solid handlers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
I would be shocked if he has actually gotten it yet... More likely he finally got some solid handlers.

Hell, if all that he learned was "I need to hire someone else to carry my _____ when I go out partying", isn't that an improvement?

Sigh.

James Johnson lost his opportunity to build on his 20-point game against the Heat from a starting role for disciplinary reasons. Team sources said Johnson arrived after Monday's brief practice ended and also was fined for his tardiness.

"If we had more bodies, he would've been inactive," one source said. "He needs to learn."

Johnson has displayed habitual tardiness this season.

"I'm disappointed in myself," Johnson said. "I have to show the guys that I can't let the team down. I did that by being late. I have to take the consequences like a man and own up to it."

Johnson finished with four points in 26 minutes and said his goal is to finish strong and take momentum into the offseason.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 08:16 AM)
Hell, if all that he learned was "I need to hire someone else to carry my _____ when I go out partying", isn't that an improvement?

The problem is he should have learned that lesson after the first time in eighth grade. Its been about 15 years. Hopefully he at least got down the "not going to strip clubs when home on leave for my grandmother's funeral and getting into a fight there"...

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 04:54 AM)
The good thing about the trades besides clearing cap space is I think Law/Warrick/Flip can all be solid contributers to this team and Bulls would still have money to bring in a top f/a. Id be very content with a bench that contains those 3 plus Johnson/Miller.

You'd need to trade Deng for a cheap contract to keep all 4 of those guys (Law, Warrick, Flip, Miller). And it has to be Deng, as he'll earn around $2M more than Hinrich.

If you trade Deng it'd be rather difficult if you wanted to leave cap space to pay for those 4, since you'd need to clear a fair amount of space (don't forget Asik and Gibson on the bench too)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
I gotta admit the Bulls have been fighting back in games short-handed. Acie Law looks like a player. Maybe we can resign him to a cheap contract to backup Rose for the next decade.. :D

Eh, most teams in the NBA seem to do that nowadays (come back in the 4th if down by more than 20, see Indiana vs. Cleveland today for instance).

With the Raptors beating the Hawks thanks to Bosh's late game heroics, the lead for 8th is now 2.5 games.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
Eh, most teams in the NBA seem to do that nowadays (come back in the 4th if down by more than 20, see Indiana vs. Cleveland today for instance).

With the Raptors beating the Hawks thanks to Bosh's late game heroics, the lead for 8th is now 2.5 games.

With your top 3 scorers out, not to mention the last game with Hinrich suspended (so top 4)? Must be alot of letting up with other teams doing that.

So, if Rose, Deng, and Noah all return this week, does anyone still think we have a shot at the playoffs?

Here's some scenarios:

1) All three come back, Bulls surge into playoffs. Move back one or 2 spots in draft via Bucks swap.

2) All three come back, but Toronto and Charlotte both stay strong, Bucks makes Bulls draft suck.

3) Deng and Noah shut down, season tanks, (hopefully) avoid Bucks swap.

The Bulls are only 2.5 games behind Torotno. If they got everyone back at 100%, they'd probably still make it. The only team falling apart faster than the Raptors is the Bulls.

But...the odds of everyone coming back immediately at 100% are pretty low. Especially Noah. Hopefully VDN learned his lesson and when they tell him to "ease him into basketball again" he won't interpret that as "play him 27 minutes to win 1 game, you won't mind the 9 game losing streak that follows".

In terms of the Bucks pick...we're still 6 games ahead of the Clippers with 15 to play for us. If the Bulls lost every game and the Clippers went 5-8 in their last 13 games, we'd wind up tied (and that would be a better winning %age than the Clippers have had so far this year)

at this point id rather not make the playoffs and have the 1% chance that we got a top 3 pick than make the playoffs....if we make it we make it as an 8 and will get pummeled in 4 by the cavs and will end up with the bucks pick....if we miss the playoffs and end up with the 11th worst record at least theres that minor bit of hope that the NBA lottery is fixed and we end up with the #3 pick.....in which case I'd take Demarcus cousins, and go after lebron/wade/johnson

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
at this point id rather not make the playoffs and have the 1% chance that we got a top 3 pick than make the playoffs....if we make it we make it as an 8 and will get pummeled in 4 by the cavs and will end up with the bucks pick....if we miss the playoffs and end up with the 11th worst record at least theres that minor bit of hope that the NBA lottery is fixed and we end up with the #3 pick.....in which case I'd take Demarcus cousins, and go after lebron/wade/johnson

Depending on where the cap falls...it's possible that getting a top 3 pick prevents the Bulls from being able to offer a max deal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
He is so stinking fragile.

Very injury prone player. He needs to be gone next season by any means. I still don't see him fitting with Rose long term like I do say.. a Rudy Gay. (though I'm sure that won't happen nor will a Deng trade with that contract unless were taking back a Kevin Martin like contract in return) His production though is still needed for this team to make the playoffs.