Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
If he can add a three pointer, he will be unstoppable.

That's something I actually almost wouldn't teach Rose.

You don't want him to be a guy that's jacking up 6 to 7 3's a game (like a Gilbert Arenas for example), when he's so damn good at what he does now, driving in and either finishing at the hoop or distributing the basketball.

Surround him with some actual shooters, and his value will only get better.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:42 AM)
That's something I actually almost wouldn't teach Rose.

You don't want him to be a guy that's jacking up 6 to 7 3's a game (like a Gilbert Arenas for example), when he's so damn good at what he does now, driving in and either finishing at the hoop or distributing the basketball.

Surround him with some actual shooters, and his value will only get better.

I don't want him to be that guy either. I just want to have him have enough of a shot that people have to run out on him when he is at the stripe, to give him the extra advantage off of the dribble. Right now if he is 20 feet plus, you don't have to put an aggressive close out on him.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 11:39 PM)
This is why I hate Larry Brown. He brings a team back to respectibility, and then bolts for the next rebuilding project.

Everyone has something they are good at... I don't see why you'd hate a guy for resurrecting sick franchises.

All this excitement over the Bulls really pisses me off, to the point that I'm disgusted in Chicago Bulls fans. Why is everyone getting excited that the Bulls are fighting with a Chris Boshless Toronto Raptors team for the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference?

The Bulls suck, and have gone nowhere in the last 5 years. They've made every wrong decision sans Derrick Rose who was giftwrapped for them. Now, fans think it's some big deal that the Bulls are going out and beating old injured Celtics teams or Cavs teams sans Lebron to pass the Raptors who don't have Chris Bosh.

I hope the Bulls get crushed tonight, per the usual, and I hope the Knicks lay down against the Raptors.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:15 AM)
All this excitement over the Bulls really pisses me off, to the point that I'm disgusted in Chicago Bulls fans. Why is everyone getting excited that the Bulls are fighting with a Chris Boshless Toronto Raptors team for the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference?

The Bulls suck, and have gone nowhere in the last 5 years. They've made every wrong decision sans Derrick Rose who was giftwrapped for them. Now, fans think it's some big deal that the Bulls are going out and beating old injured Celtics teams or Cavs teams sans Lebron to pass the Raptors who don't have Chris Bosh.

I hope the Bulls get crushed tonight, per the usual, and I hope the Knicks lay down against the Raptors.

You have made this point multiple times. We get it, you want them to lose, you think they suck, you havent liked them all year.

Leave the fans that want to see their team in the playoffs alone.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)

so basically just because you dont think the the bulls have a chance in the playoffs they should roll over and throw the last game? Regardless of who makes it in the playoffs there will only be one winner whether the bulls get knocked off in the first round or not. Them making the playoffs regardless if they do anything or not is good for us fans. A few years ago when we were horrible fans would be dying for a shot to get into the playoffs now that we've been bounced out the past few yrs you don't want them to make it because they have to go up against Lebron James and the Cavs? Have some faith in the team thats why the games are played. Who knows what would happen. The bulls could pull off a cinderella story and make it to the second round :headbang

The Bulls took a huge stride forward, despite everything that happened to them. Before Rose, Noah, and Deng went out with injuries they were fifth in the East, and were moving up the ranks at the time. Those three injuries killed this team this year. I am amazed that they even are where they are right now.

Damn, woke up on the wrong side of the bed? I mean sorry for us being a little optimistic and wishing for some nice games :D

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 10:27 AM)
I wish Deng lived up to this contract. With the way Heinrich is playing they woudl be fun to watch as a 5, 6 or 7 seed. I also wish they had somebody that could defend LeBron even a little bit.

bold #1 - :chair

bold #2 - This player does not exist in the world.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
Was Rose talking s*** to Rondo? Awesome.

Rose has been a s*** talker since HS, but last night he just continued to stare down Rondo. I was about 11 rows up and could see him challenging him over and over.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
TNT actually caught that. When Meyers had the ball was holding it above Rondo's head when they went to a media timeout. Rondo got a lot of shoulders to the chest in the middle of the Bulls huddle.

Thats great they caught that. I had a great view of it and then Pete telling Rondo to go the f*** back to his bench. I couldnt tell if he said something about his rings at that point, but the guys on the bench were dying laughing.

Unless we get a better coach and a better GM because of this, I would never want the Bulls to miss out on the playoffs.

Thing is, Vinny's probably not coming back, so it doesn't matter either way.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)
Rose has been a s*** talker since HS, but last night he just continued to stare down Rondo. I was about 11 rows up and could see him challenging him over and over.

Derrick Rose actually talks s***? This is new to me.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)

I've seen him do it a few times. I know he had some legendary verbal battles with Turner and McCamey in HS that are on youtube.

And I dont think its a negative thing, all athletes talk a little s*** now and again.

Edited by RockRaines

I saw Rose play dozens of times in high school and never saw him talk trash during a game. In fact, his demeanor now is the same it was back then.

The playoffs is the playoffs, get over it, obviously the Bulls suck and will get swept by the Cavaliers but it is not like the Bulls will move into the top 3 anyways so we will just end up swapping picks with the Bucks.

Mind as well try to be f***ing optimistic and hope for a miracle.

Most of the time I see him talking its right after a dunk or play at the rim. I wouldnt be surprised if he was talking with Rondo though, Rondo doesnt shut up

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
The playoffs is the playoffs, get over it, obviously the Bulls suck and will get swept by the Cavaliers but it is not like the Bulls will move into the top 3 anyways so we will just end up swapping picks with the Bucks.

Mind as well try to be f***ing optimistic and hope for a miracle.

See top 3 pick.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 12:20 PM)
Thats not a miracle, that just aint happening.

Same as the Bulls beating the Cavs. I do not understand. All the Bulls making the playoffs does is enable management to pocket more cash after more sellouts for a s*** team.

I'll stay out of this thread now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
Same as the Bulls beating the Cavs. I do not understand. All the Bulls making the playoffs does is enable management to pocket more cash after more sellouts for a s*** team.

I'll stay out of this thread now.

Who cares, we WANT them to have more cash anyway. Improvements to the facility, the team and overall the franchise. The goal of next year is to sign someone big and build around that person and DRose. This season was all about saving money, and was basically a giveaway year.