Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
Same as the Bulls beating the Cavs. I do not understand. All the Bulls making the playoffs does is enable management to pocket more cash after more sellouts for a s*** team.

I'll stay out of this thread now.

I would much rather make the playoffs that the take the 1.7% chance or whatever it is that we land in the top 3 of the lottery. It's good for the team to get more playoff experience before what hopefully is a long run next year in them, looks better for free agents and gives the team a better mindset going into next year even if they get swept. And who knows, if the Bulls play the Cavs tough and the crowds in Chicago are nuts, maybe it piques James' interest a bit more. As far as I am concerned VDN is gone no matter what, so that shouldn't be an issue of playoffs vs. non-playoffs. The only good that comes from missing the playoffs is 1.7% and we are not going to see lighting strike twice.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Who cares, we WANT them to have more cash anyway. Improvements to the facility, the team and overall the franchise. The goal of next year is to sign someone big and build around that person and DRose. This season was all about saving money, and was basically a giveaway year.

Once I think I'm out, you pull me back in...

You prove my point... this season does not matter, and the enthusiasm surrounding what could be the perfect storm of bad luck for the Raptors to get the Bulls #8 is hilariously stupid.

Now I am out for good. Again.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)
Once I think I'm out, you pull me back in...

You prove my point... this season does not matter, and the enthusiasm surrounding what could be the perfect storm of bad luck for the Raptors to get the Bulls #8 is hilariously stupid.

Now I am out for good. Again.

Hey, we led the league in attendance, "best fans in the crowd" according to Brad Miller.

Seriously, the playoffs are just a nice bonus to see D Rose play more IMO. I really dont care if they make it. I really enjoyed beating the Celtics last night though, what a bunch of assclowns that team is, as well as the chicago based celtic fanbase that most likely has never been to Boston.

Well this team is probably fighting with Milwaukee and Miami for the 5 seed if Noah didn't miss a month so to say that the Bulls suck is quite a stretch if you ask me. Not even counting the other injuries or the fact that Rose wasn't healthy for a while to start the season. A healthy Rose and Noah allow this team to give Cleveland at least an exciting series. I'll take that over the 1.8 percent chance we have at getting a top 3 pick because that just isn't happening again.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:15 AM)
All this excitement over the Bulls really pisses me off, to the point that I'm disgusted in Chicago Bulls fans. Why is everyone getting excited that the Bulls are fighting with a Chris Boshless Toronto Raptors team for the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference?

The Bulls suck, and have gone nowhere in the last 5 years. They've made every wrong decision sans Derrick Rose who was giftwrapped for them. Now, fans think it's some big deal that the Bulls are going out and beating old injured Celtics teams or Cavs teams sans Lebron to pass the Raptors who don't have Chris Bosh.

I hope the Bulls get crushed tonight, per the usual, and I hope the Knicks lay down against the Raptors.

While I'll never openly root for the Bulls to lose, I think you're spot on. I was watching ABC last night and the words "big" and "must-win" were used to describe the game. I was thinking in my head, "Damn, from 6 titles in the 90's to must-win games to get that precious 8th seed in a wack conference." It is kinda embarrassing. But that's what happens when your franchise is the bi-product of arguably the greatest team sports athlete of all-time. We weren't s*** before MJ. And we've been worse since MJ. But at least Rose gives us hope.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
It's actually a 0.3% chance from the 11th spot.

Those %s make it impossible to get a top 3 pick, if we did get one the lottery is a joke.

With that said I'm gonna enjoy and root my ass off for the Bulls to beat the Cavaliers, no expectations of that happening, but I had no expectation of us putting a scare into the Celtics in last year's series.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5086856

Story changing, now they are saying Del Negro was the aggressor, not Paxson.

Once KC Johnson writes this story I will know what to believe. Apparently he was right there when it happened, and promised to wait until the season was over to write the story, and the Yahoo writer got the story from someone else

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5086856

Story changing, now they are saying Del Negro was the aggressor, not Paxson.

Once KC Johnson writes this story I will know what to believe. Apparently he was right there when it happened, and promised to wait until the season was over to write the story, and the Yahoo writer got the story from someone else

His version is in the Trib today.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 10:57 AM)
I've seen him do it a few times. I know he had some legendary verbal battles with Turner and McCamey in HS that are on youtube.

That's only because he and Turner do not like each other. Turner is very mouthy on the court. If a guy is talking s***, or course your gonna talk s*** back.. after you continuous score on him. Rose isn't a verbal guy.. he does his "talking" when he scores. Rondo also has a mouth (like KG) so I just think Rose dropping 39 on him gave him the message.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
A healthy Rose and Noah allow this team to give Cleveland at least an exciting series. I'll take that over the 1.8 percent chance we have at getting a top 3 pick because that just isn't happening again.

Not to mention the % is much lower than it was when we got Rose. Still don't get why people say this. We were in the TOP 10 when we won the lottery. (8th overall) The Bulls right now have the 15th pick. The Bucks have the 17th which means they will switch with us unless there is now a 0.1% chance we go in the top 3 again. So 99.9% chance we will be at 15 (sorry.. 17) unless Stern wants Turner to come home too.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
That's only because he and Turner do not like each other. Turner is very mouthy on the court. If a guy is talking s***, or course your gonna talk s*** back.. after you continuous score on him. Rose isn't a verbal guy.. he does his "talking" when he scores. Rondo also has a mouth (like KG) so I just think Rose dropping 39 on him gave him the message.

McCamey as well is a huge talker, he and Rose went at it quite a bit as well.

The real story here is that it has been 12 years since the Bulls won there last championship and they have won 1 playoff series (against an old, battered, Heat team) since. While Paxon has helped bring this team back from being an absolute disgrace, he hasn't done nearly enough to justify keeping his job.

Fire Paxon, Fire Forman, Fire Vinny. . . and bring in some organizational talent that can find and develop talent.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
I care about this stupid Del Negro/Paxson story as much as the Oney Guillen story during spring training. No wonder the Chicago sports media is AWFUL.

The problem comes if this makes potential free agents think twice about coming to the Bulls because our GM is nuts.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
The problem comes if this makes potential free agents think twice about coming to the Bulls because our GM is nuts.

(Raises hand)...isn't one Gar Forman our GM? Wait, I forget. Who's job is it to decide playing time, the coach, the GM, or the 3rd guy? Shouldn't there be a trainer in there? Wait a second. What's Reinsdorf's title again? You may ask yourself, how did I get here

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)

Ultimately if a guy is going to get paid and thinks he can win there, that will win out. Otherwise what non-latin player would ever sign with the whitesox?

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)
Ultimately if a guy is going to get paid and thinks he can win there, that will win out. Otherwise what non-latin player would ever sign with the whitesox?

In MLB...you can outbid people. In the NBA, there is a maximum amount you can offer.