Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:40 AM)
If he can add a three pointer, he will be unstoppable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:49 AM)
I don't want him to be that guy either. I just want to have him have enough of a shot that people have to run out on him when he is at the stripe, to give him the extra advantage off of the dribble. Right now if he is 20 feet plus, you don't have to put an aggressive close out on him.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
I like that Derrick is showing some range lately, Kobe was correct when he said that Derrick needs to become a better shooter.

Suck it Kobe. Signed the voice of MC Wolves basketball.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
I think if the Bulls stay healthy, we match up with Cleveland pretty well. Don't think we will win the series but could get it to 6 games.

I'd be very happy if we extended the series to six games. But I think its hard to match up well with any team that has LeBron James.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
I'd be very happy if we extended the series to six games. But I think its hard to match up well with any team that has LeBron James.

Rose > Mo Williams

I would actually take Noah/Miller over Shaq/Varajeo right now.

Dang, with the Bulls winning, 1 game off what I predicted their record would be at the start of the season.

Do I see em beating the Cavs? No. I'd be suprised if they take a game off them, Lebron will be supremely rested, although it will be interesting to see how they work Shaq back into the mix.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
Rose > Mo Williams

Rose >>>>>>>> Mo Williams.

Noah/Miller > Shaq/Varejao as you said.

Hinrich > West in my opinion at least.

I'll take Jamison and LeBron over Taj & Deng, but I think Jamison is slowing down a bit, since his scoring has dropped and his rebounding went down (not a lot).

A healthy Bulls can at least make it interesting.

I can't believe people would be rooting against the Bulls. If we miss the playoffs and don't get a top pick, MIL swaps with us and we're a f***ed non-playoff team with the 18th pick.

If we DO win the lottery, and get any of the top 3 picks, we lose our ability to sign a max free agent in the offseason, first and foremost. 2nd, you're forced to pick Wall if you have the top pick and then you have to make it work with him and Rose. And IMO, Wall is pretty overrated anyway. I think Turner is the best player in this draft. See: Oden, Durant.

Third, we made the playoffs and now we have the opportunity for Rose, Noah, Gibson, and others get valuable playoff experience. We saw Rose take it to another level last year in the playoffs. He's not guided this team to the playoffs in both his first 2 seasons.

Do I expect to beat Cleveland? Not at all. Do I expect us to put up a fight? Of course. There is no possible way the Bulls MISSING the playoffs helps the team.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 12:44 PM)

I'll take Jamison and LeBron over Taj & Deng, but I think Jamison is slowing down a bit, since his scoring has dropped and his rebounding went down (not a lot).

Probably because he has gone from a team where he was the #1 option on offense to a team where he's probably the 3rd behind Lebron and Williams.

Noah/Miller > Shaq/Varejao isn't a slam dunk either IMO. I hate Varejao because he's so damn annoying on the court when it comes to rebounds / flopping etc. but he can play.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
Rose > Mo Williams

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)

Verejao >> Miller What Verejao does for Cleveland defensively easily trumps anything Brad Miller does.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaq go off in the playoffs. They could've won 60+ games without him. But they brought him there for the playoffs. And you know he'd LOVE to get a shot at Kobe and the Lakers in the finals.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)
I can't believe people would be rooting against the Bulls. If we miss the playoffs and don't get a top pick, MIL swaps with us and we're a f***ed non-playoff team with the 18th pick.

If we DO win the lottery, and get any of the top 3 picks, we lose our ability to sign a max free agent in the offseason, first and foremost. 2nd, you're forced to pick Wall if you have the top pick and then you have to make it work with him and Rose. And IMO, Wall is pretty overrated anyway. I think Turner is the best player in this draft. See: Oden, Durant.

Third, we made the playoffs and now we have the opportunity for Rose, Noah, Gibson, and others get valuable playoff experience. We saw Rose take it to another level last year in the playoffs. He's not guided this team to the playoffs in both his first 2 seasons.

Do I expect to beat Cleveland? Not at all. Do I expect us to put up a fight? Of course. There is no possible way the Bulls MISSING the playoffs helps the team.

Including that was when Noah came out and became the monster he now is.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
Including that was when Noah came out and became the monster he now is.

People are really underestimating the potential of this Bulls team. You figure Rose and Noah are going to keep getting better, though I think Noah is much closer to his ceiling. Gibson was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully Johnson doesn't take the Tyrus Thomas route. Deng is Deng. Then you add a Bosh to this mix, as well as a mid 1st round pick? And hopefully a SG who can hit the 3 consistently. Thats dirty.

I'd absolutely drool at the chance of having a team like...

Rose

Reddick/Allen

Deng

Bosh

Noah

Then you have Hinrich, Gibson and Johnson coming off the bench. You add a 1st rounder (Xavier Henry would be the tits), and fill out the bench with some veterans. You're looking nice.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)

Jamison and James >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deng and Taj..

In fact, Lebron by himself >>>>>>>>>> Deng/Taj I also like West more than Kirk honestly too as he fits their system better.

I'm optimistic too about our guys, but if LeBron has a Detroit-like series, we will be out in 4. Rose (and Noah) can only do so much. It's up to Kirk and Deng (especially) to knock down shots for the Bulls to stand a chance.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
The key isn't LeBron. They key is shutting down the other guys. Remember, I lived through the MJ era.

No doubt he will get his. Your right though you can't let guys like Mo Williams, West, etc.. beat you.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)

I agree with everything you said... Thank god someone can make some sense around here.