Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)
Mainly because everything Darko does isn't based on athleticism, he actually has some skills. And Darko also has legitimate size, Tyrus does not. But this is not an argument about Darko vs Tyrus.

Look at what Darko did in Orlando in the playoffs a couple years ago. Got nearly 30 minutes a game, average 12, 4.5 and 1 while shooting nearly 60% from the field and averaging only .50 turnovers a game.

How does Tyrus not have any skills when he puts up decent numbers given the minutes? Do you mean mid to outside shooting skills? I will acknowledge that Tyrus does some things poorly, but that does not mean he is without any skills.

With your line of thinking... anyone under the sun who is "athletic" can lace them up and block 2 shots a game, shoot 45% from the field and nearly 80 % from the line. Obviously that does not take skill.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
How does Tyrus not have any skills when he puts up decent numbers given the minutes? Do you mean mid to outside shooting skills? I will acknowledge that Tyrus does some things poorly, but that does not mean he is without any skills.

With your line of thinking... anyone under the sun who is "athletic" can lace them up and block 2 shots a game, shoot 45% from the field and nearly 80 % from the line. Obviously that does not take skill.

Tyrus has almost no low-post game and an inconsistent, albeit improving mid-range jumper. He is not a very good man-to-man defender, and as we've argued before, most of Tyrus' blocks come from help defense.

It's because Darko is Serbian.. Nuff said.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 06:44 PM)
It's because Darko is Serbian.. Nuff said.

Yup, that's the only reason. Not because I've been following him since before he was drafted.

Also because of this...

The subtitles aren't exactly spot on, but close enough. Some weird word choices there by whoever translated it.

Looks like Iverson might be headed to Miami.

Fantastic move, you can get Iverson to mentor players with questionable maturity like Chalmers, and Beasley, take time away from the 21 year old SG DQ Cook, and possibly push Wade into an undersized SF role. This will surely push the Heat deep into the playoffs.

I'm just so excited.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)

Fantastic move, you can get Iverson to mentor players with questionable maturity like Chalmers, and Beasley, take time away from the 21 year old SG DQ Cook, and possibly push Wade into an undersized SF role. This will surely push the Heat deep into the playoffs.

I'm just so excited.

Haha.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)

I'm just so excited.

How certain is that? Last I heard there was a reasonably good shot he winds up in Memphis as well (puts butts in the seats, 1 year deal, he can work his tail off and try to hit FA with a better reputation next year)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
Memo: cap level could plummet next year.

If the cap drops that far, I don't think the Bulls can offer a max deal even with renouncing Tyrus. They may still need to move Hinrich/Deng to do that or have Salmons opt-out (IIRC he does have that option)

If the cap falls that far, all the 2010 guys are going to be forced to stay with their teams anyways. I think the Bulls will have enough to offer 1 max deal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 10:14 PM)
How certain is that? Last I heard there was a reasonably good shot he winds up in Memphis as well (puts butts in the seats, 1 year deal, he can work his tail off and try to hit FA with a better reputation next year)

It seems pretty certain, here is the article from this morning.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/basketba...ry/1131926.html

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 11:24 PM)
Dear lord.... :o

Looks like Parker is gone too for some posters here who wanted him.

The Parker horse left the barn with the Pargo signing today. As for Varajeo, that's one of the worst contracts in recent memory (if not longer), especially with the cap dropping. Wow.

It's bad, but "worst ever" is pretty strong, and also debateable because some of the monsters to semi-stars are pretty awful themselves. Off the top of my head, names like Malik Rose, Brian Cardinal, Adonal Foyle, Etan Thomas and Marc Blount. None of those guys are remotely competent players and all made $6 mil plus.

Then you add guys like Larry Hughes, Stephon Marbury (even when he was good $20 mil was excessive), Arenas' latest deal coming off a knee surgery, or highly mediocre big men like Joel Pryzbilla and Raef LaFrentz making serious money.

My personal worst vote goes to Eric Dampier, even after his "breakout" season in Golden State he probably wasn't worth $10 mil a year, he certainly wasn't before and after that fluke season.