Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 09:25 AM)
At least the Magic will be a better rebounding team next season even if they lose Turk's pick and roll and passing ability. I think Ryan Anderson is going to surprise a lot of people next season also (perfect system for him).

We're after Matt Barnes now supposedly, and there's a chance that the Magic could match the Gortat offer still and then trade him to a team like Houston (but I doubt it).

Honestly, Barnes makes a ton of sense for the Magic off the bench. He could play the 2, 3, or even 4.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 12:52 PM)
Supposedly, the Boozer deal is dead because they Bulls don't want to get rid of Hinrich.

We've heard like 9 different reasons why that deal didn't go down. Frankly, there were ways that the deal was written that would have been bad ones for the Bulls (The Bulls giving up their 1st round pick next year in addition to the players, for example).

It could easily be that they didn't want to get rid of Hinrich and at the same time not get another guard back.

It could also still go down, depending on how the Jazz react to Portland's Milsap offer sheet.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 05:27 PM)
We've heard like 9 different reasons why that deal didn't go down. Frankly, there were ways that the deal was written that would have been bad ones for the Bulls (The Bulls giving up their 1st round pick next year in addition to the players, for example).

It could easily be that they didn't want to get rid of Hinrich and at the same time not get another guard back.

It could also still go down, depending on how the Jazz react to Portland's Milsap offer sheet.

I would guess that Jazz will not match Portland's offer to Millsap. I think it the contract is 4 years $32-$36 million. While Millsap is a very good player, and an energizer to the team, it just seems like a lot of money to keep him.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
I would guess that Jazz will not match Portland's offer to Millsap. I think it the contract is 4 years $32-$36 million. While Millsap is a very good player, and an energizer to the team, it just seems like a lot of money to keep him.

I think they'll match it and they'll be damn determined to move Boozer. They have too many suitors for him to not find something that works. Even with the poison pill setup of the deal Portland offered.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 07:18 PM)
I think they'll match it and they'll be damn determined to move Boozer. They have too many suitors for him to not find something that works. Even with the poison pill setup of the deal Portland offered.

Yeah it's a poison pill by Portland. They want to be part of the deal because they want a point guard. I really hope the Jazz trade Boozer because they can get a solid player and a first round pick with him. That would let them get Millsap back if they want. It seems like too much money for him though. A Jazz message board I look at every now and then say Millsap doesn't want to stay in Utah.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 05:25 PM)
Yeah it's a poison pill by Portland. They want to be part of the deal because they want a point guard. I really hope the Jazz trade Boozer because they can get a solid player and a first round pick with him. That would let them get Millsap back if they want. It seems like too much money for him though. A Jazz message board I look at every now and then say Millsap doesn't want to stay in Utah.

If Milsap really didnt' want to stay in Utah he'd have gone the Gordon route and signed the qualifying offer this year rather than signing the offer sheet from Portland.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 07:39 PM)
If Milsap really didnt' want to stay in Utah he'd have gone the Gordon route and signed the qualifying offer this year rather than signing the offer sheet from Portland.

Millsap probably wants to be a starter more and if Utah decides to match the offer he is going to be a starter because Boozer will be gone.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
Big news relating to the Bulls. J. Jack is likely to sign an offer sheet with Toronto. This was one of Toronto's only prayers of keeping Bosh there after this season, as Jack and him are best friends.

I would leave my bestes friend in the whole wide world for a bigger paycheck and so would 99% of all professional athletes.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 11:47 PM)
Pay is irrelevant . He is a max contract player no matter where he goes.

You think he wouldnt make more money in endorsements in Chicago rather than Toronto?

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 11:55 PM)
You think he wouldnt make more money in endorsements in Chicago rather than Toronto?

Once i have already made my millions, upon millions, upon millions, etc... i just cannot see much of a difference in 55 million compared to say 60 million over five years (just an example) truly is. You are loaded regardless. Either way, yourself, and generation after generation should be more than well off. Several million should not be the deciding factor in ultimate happiness... family, friends, enviroment, etc.

Simply put, if i was already more than set for life, i cannot see myself putting my family and i in a place we truly did not want to be (those years will clearly never come back) just for the sake of having a bigger bank role. You can't take a dime of that money with you when you die, it just seems pointless to me, enjoy life while you can.

First time i have posted in an nba related thread in years, hell, this entire forum practically.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 01:17 AM)
Once i have already made my millions, upon millions, upon millions, etc... i just cannot see much of a difference in 55 million compared to say 60 million over five years (just an example) truly is. You are loaded regardless. Either way, yourself, and generation after generation should be more than well off. Several million should not be the deciding factor in ultimate happiness... family, friends, enviroment, etc.

Simply put, if i was already more than set for life, i cannot see myself putting my family and i in a place we truly did not want to be (those years will clearly never come back) just for the sake of having a bigger bank role. You can't take a dime of that money with you when you die, it just seems pointless to me, enjoy life while you can.

First time i have posted in an nba related thread in years, hell, this entire forum practically.

haha i love when you talk basketball A.J. its so cute its like u think u know what your yalking about n stuff

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 05:38 PM)
Bosh would rather play in the USA.

Toronto pays everyone in their country's national currency: livestock.

Bosh has enough goats to open an Indian restaurant.

What's the tax difference though b/w the US and Canada (well the max tax bracket anyways).

Bosh to Dallas won't happen come 2010 because of them re-signing Kidd, signing Marion and probably Gortat so they won't have the cap space for him.

Depending on how the Raps do this season (and i think they'll come 7th or 8th in the East as things stand ATM), Bosh could maybe stay with them, because otherwise there's only really Miami or New York to go to.

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 05:13 AM)
What's the tax difference though b/w the US and Canada (well the max tax bracket anyways).

Bosh to Dallas won't happen come 2010 because of them re-signing Kidd, signing Marion and probably Gortat so they won't have the cap space for him.

Depending on how the Raps do this season (and i think they'll come 7th or 8th in the East as things stand ATM), Bosh could maybe stay with them, because otherwise there's only really Miami or New York to go to.

Of course you won't put the bulls in there, you never do. Hater.

:ph34r:

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 03:11 AM)
Of course you won't put the bulls in there, you never do. Hater.

:ph34r:

Ha, I actually thought the Bulls wouldn't have the cap room to offer him a max deal if the cap drops to 50M before I looked at this;

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

If they could somehow trade for Boozer's expiring contract also, they'd be in an even better position.

More updates;

Jazz beat writer Ross Siler wrote via Twitter on Sunday, "I continue hearing that a trade with the Bulls involving Kirk Hinrich is the most likely outcome of this whole mess [involving Carlos Boozer]."

Boozer skipped Dwyane Wade's charity basketball game in Miami on Sunday, but Wade recently praised his fellow Olympian and rumors of a Boozer-to-Miami deal have resurfaced. We'll report more on the Hinrich angle as soon as more information surfaces.

Is it me or is it always Miami and Chicago jockeying for picks and players? I swear, it seems Pat Riley is always in a position where he is one draft pick away(rose/beasley, hinrich/wade) or is trying to get the same free agents or players the Bulls are after

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)
Is it me or is it always Miami and Chicago jockeying for picks and players? I swear, it seems Pat Riley is always in a position where he is one draft pick away(rose/beasley, hinrich/wade) or is trying to get the same free agents or players the Bulls are after

Problem is...Riley's well ahead of us, thanks to the way the balls bounced in 2003.