Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

So Steve Kyler came out with this a few hours ago in response to the Sam Smith idea that I posted yesterday;

Bulls Really Not Interested: Yesterday we led with a 6-player trade rumors that was floated by Bulls.com's Sam Smith and the idea behind the story was clearly lost – that it wasn't going to happen. Sources from all sides of this deal were quick to confirm no interest in such a deal.

The Bulls have been adamant with their players that the core they have now is the core coming to training camp and barring a landslide deal falling their way the roster now is the roster coming to camp in two months.

The Rockets like most of their fans, found the rumored deal to be almost laughable, saying that's not the direction they were headed.

The only teams that liked the "notion" of the deal was the Jazz, because it rid them of Carlos Boozer, but sources close to the situation continue to say Carlos Boozer's best destination at this point remains Miami – although a deal is not close.

If Carlos Boozer is ultimately traded, which Jazz sources said is highly likely, it's not going to be through the Chicago Bulls, unless LeBron, Kobe or Dwight are dropped in their laps and that's simply not going to happen.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
tmz bought a tape of Lebron getting dunked on that Nike didn't know about when they took the other tapes. Still on their site, video will be shown at 5:45 central

I don't know why Nike/LeBron made such a big deal out of this in the 1st place. So what if he got dunked on? LeBron would absolutely destroy this Crawford kid if they were playing for real. If they had just let the videos come out, I don't think people would be making as big of a deal over it as now. Now everyone is going to know about it and want to see this video, even if it is from a camera phone.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 04:23 PM)
I don't know why Nike/LeBron made such a big deal out of this in the 1st place. So what if he got dunked on? LeBron would absolutely destroy this Crawford kid if they were playing for real. If they had just let the videos come out, I don't think people would be making as big of a deal over it as now. Now everyone is going to know about it and want to see this video, even if it is from a camera phone.

yeah, I saw it on ESPN when I was at the gym, and it's not like Lebron strongly challenged the guy, he kind of was lazily drifting back, the kid accelerated and Lebron gave an effort at the end, not bad at all really.

Wasn't there a story that Artest was throwing around MJ at some point before he came back for the Wizards?

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)

Exactly. Everyone gets dunked on, it's no big deal. The way Lebron handled it though, is. It once again makes him look like a poor sport.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
yeah, I saw it on ESPN when I was at the gym, and it's not like Lebron strongly challenged the guy, he kind of was lazily drifting back, the kid accelerated and Lebron gave an effort at the end, not bad at all really.

Wasn't there a story that Artest was throwing around MJ at some point before he came back for the Wizards?

Wasnt that at Hoops? I swear he broke MJ's rib or something like that, and everyone kept it very hush hush

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
Bosh laughs during an interview when he's asked about coming to the knicks, is forced to walk back/deny he was laughing at the team.

:lol: He was definitely laughing at the Knicks. That's awesome...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 12:36 PM)
Wasnt that at Hoops? I swear he broke MJ's rib or something like that, and everyone kept it very hush hush

yes, that's exactly it, Boers & Bernstein were basically the only ones in Chi who talked about it. If I remember correctly they reported he basically bodyslammed him

Hmmm;

Yahoo! Sports is reporting that Lamar Odom is "leaning strongly" toward signing with the Heat.

The Lakers have reportedly lowered their initial offers, which Odom rejected, and he could be close to signing a five-year, $34 million deal with Miami. Dwyane Wade has been lobbying hard for Odom, and we shouldn't have to wait much longer for his decision.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 11:37 PM)
If they get Odom, Wade will stay. If they do, Bulls are going to be left out in the cold and end up with Joe Johnson at best.

It's Bosh or Amare for the Bulls after this season. Wade is not coming to Chicago!!

If the Heat can find a legit SF for Beasley they will be absolutely set. Otherwise there's an overflowing mismatch of minutes between Odom, Beasley, Haslem, DQ Cook, James Jones, and Diawara.

I wonder if the Wizards would be interested in trading Caron Butler for Michael Beasley and Udonis Haslem. Then the old Heat gang could be back together.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 12:47 AM)
Wade LOVES being home fathom. I'm not sure what has lead you to believe otherwise.

I've said it before...Wade's family is telling anyone that will listen that he will not be signing with Chicago this offseason. The Bulls don't want him and Rose in the backcourt together, and they have let him know that.