Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 07:01 PM)
I've said it before...Wade's family is telling anyone that will listen that he will not be signing with Chicago this offseason. The Bulls don't want him and Rose in the backcourt together, and they have let him know that.

Not that I don't think its true, because I've been saying a Rose/Wade backcourt isn't optimal for a while now, but how do you know this?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 05:42 PM)
It's Bosh or Amare for the Bulls after this season. Wade is not coming to Chicago!!

Wade and Bosh were the Bulls' number 1 targets dating back to last summer when they started thinking 2010. Bosh was considered more of the pipe dream, but Wade was not though. With that said, like I said previously, if the Heat bring Odom, Wade is staying, pure and simple.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 05:50 PM)
Bosh was always the best fit.

I don't believe a guy you want as a low post threat loves the faceup game and to shoot more than posting up.

I think Bosh possibly lands in Dallas or Houston come the off-season.

Especially if Yao Ming retires, the Rockets will have his and T-Mac's contract off the books, so they should have the cap room there.

Dallas could sign and trade with Dampier and a future pick, with the Raps not having to guarantee Damp's contract for 2010.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 04:47 AM)
I think Bosh possibly lands in Dallas or Houston come the off-season.

Especially if Yao Ming retires, the Rockets will have his and T-Mac's contract off the books, so they should have the cap room there.

Dallas could sign and trade with Dampier and a future pick, with the Raps not having to guarantee Damp's contract for 2010.

If Yao doesn't retire they don't have the room.

The Hornets and the Bobcats are close to finalizing a trade that would send Tyson Chandler to Charlotte in exchange for Emeka Okafor.

Okafor signed a six-year, $72 million contract last summer, but will earn about $3 million less than Chandler over the next two seasons (Chandler has a player option for 2010-2011, then becomes a free agent). Details are still emerging, so stay tuned. Jul. 27 - 5:35 pm et

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 12:50 AM)
Not that I don't think its true, because I've been saying a Rose/Wade backcourt isn't optimal for a while now, but how do you know this?

My dad runs into Wade's father and only family members once in a while in the South Suburbs

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
My dad runs into Wade's father and only family members once in a while in the South Suburbs

Your dad's father may want to run in Wade's father to explain to him he needs to run into GarPax's father and let them know Wade won't leave Miami as long as they put a decent team around him because the Bulls are under the impression that they could get Wade.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
Meh, the trade of a 7'1 injury prone pogo stick whom OKC has been trying to unload on anyone who listens for an injury prone 6'10 PF playing C who has 3 years more on his contract. On paper, it looks like a big deal. When it counts, these guys aren't much.

You mean New Orleans, I believe...

Shows that the Cats are probably strugglin financially, but Brown's loves his shot blocking centers.

But I like the deal for the Hornets.

I'm still reminded of Dick Vitale predicting how much Orlando were going to regret not picking Okafor instead of Dwight Howard though. Oops.

So last week on The Mike Wise Show, Shaquille O'Neal posed one of the timeless questions of our era: If I show up, unannounced, at the White House, could I get in?

Turns out this was no idle speculation. It was an actual bet, between Shaq and one of his handlers, with the loser owing the winner 1,000 push-ups. Even as bloggers were wondering which celebrities might have the clout to manage that feat, Shaq laid out the guidelines Monday night at Verizon Center, while prepping for his turn as guest host of WWE's RAW.

"The rule was I couldn't use any of my political connections," he explained. "Couldn't show a badge. I couldn't call anybody, because I've got a couple of best friends that work for the Secret Service. So that was the rule. They took my phone away, I jumped in a cab, went up there, and the guy wouldn't let me in."

Just a straight-up no, then?

"I went to the gate," he said. "They were nice. They said, 'Shaq, we can't do it.' I said, 'I understand.' Understood."

And he didn't try to argue his way in?

"Never that," he said. "Never that. No way."

(This was, of course, a slightly different tone than on his Twitter feed, where he responded to rejection with this: "The white house wouldn't let me in, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.")

link

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)

Haha, I love Shaq. I really wish the Bulls would have tried to get him. Would have been perfect for 1 year, and then we'd have enough money to make a big signing and a good signing.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
Why are so many NBA players on the internet now? It really amazes me how social networking has changed the internet...especially within the past year with the popularity of Twitter and etc.

Twitter is enough characters so even an NBA player can sound smart...

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
AI to Europe?

I doubt it happens but it would be interesting if it happened

There's a piece of me that would hate to see that. One of the best players of this era having to go to Europe?

The NBA schedules were released today. The Bulls have some marquee games to start the year off. Opening night against the Spurs & the next night at Boston. We'll see what these boys are made of real quick.