Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 05:41 PM)
Is that real?

Yeah, I posted that earlier today.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
Not funny? That's pretty much the most hilarious thing that I've seen on this site since I returned from hiatus.

You're alright, Steve. :cheers

And don't let any pantywaste tell you otherwise.

...and thank you!

Jordan is easily the greatest player of all time and by far the best player I have seen play basketball (sorry Kobe and Lebron but you aren't even close) as well as by far my favorite basketball player of all time but the guy is an asshole. And comparing his speech to the other inductees just reminds everyone of that fact.

He's the same guy who punched Steve Kerr for not playing as good as Jordan wanted him to do so in practice. He's always been a douche, but that's what made him so great. He wanted to prove to everyone that he was the best at all moments and not a second less and if you weren't down with that, you were going to be a target. I'm glad Pippen got his due from Jordan though. The legend of Pippen could've had been bigger if he wasn't down to be part of something bigger than him, something more important.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
He's the same guy who punched Steve Kerr for not playing as good as Jordan wanted him to do so in practice.

Sure.. but notice Kerr, Kukoc, Rodman, Pippen, etc.. were there in his HOF ceremony? That's the respect he has done.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 04:35 PM)
Agreed. I'm glad he took shots at Krause too. The guy was handed the keys to the golden chariot and found a way to crash it.

That's what I didn't like. He's already proven he's the greatest player, I see no need to bring himself down to take shots at anyone.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
That's what I didn't like. He's already proven he's the greatest player, I see no need to bring himself down to take shots at anyone.

Jordan holds resentment towards Krause because Jordan wanted the opportunity to keep playing for championships until the team could not win anymore. Basically he wanted to be given the opportunity to succeed until he failed and Krause took that away from him and the rest of the band.

As far as Kerr, Kerr gained Jordan's respect after that fight. It was in an article somewhere.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 05:00 PM)
Jordan holds resentment towards Krause because Jordan wanted the opportunity to keep playing for championships until the team could not win anymore. Basically he wanted to be given the opportunity to succeed until he failed and Krause took that away from him and the rest of the band.

As far as Kerr, Kerr gained Jordan's respect after that fight. It was in an article somewhere.

Yeah I know there's no love lost with Krause. Looking back at it, assuming the Bulls team was intact, it would've been great to see a possible Bulls vs Lakers in circa 2000. But he also could've had a shot at 2 more rings had he not retired the first of 3 times. Although that shouldn't be held against him considering the circumstances.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
Yeah I know there's no love lost with Krause. Looking back at it, assuming the Bulls team was intact, it would've been great to see a possible Bulls vs Lakers in circa 2000. But he also could've had a shot at 2 more rings had he not retired the first of 3 times. Although that shouldn't be held against him considering the circumstances.

Why not? Isn't it Jordan's own fault he got suspended from the NBA for a long time for gambling, even if the NBA kept it a secret? ;)

/conspiracy theory