Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
He's dropping shots and driving to the hoop now, 1 quarter is not enough time to judge someone.

And I think i will have to offer a formal apology to Noah pretty soon, he picked up right where he left off last season.

I'll never give an apology to Thomas regardless if he has a good season or not. Imo he should be coming off the bench and not starting. He can block but really that is about it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 11:08 PM)
Impressive by the Bulls. Last year, they would of been up 14 with 9 minutes left and would of lost. No Ben Gordon to turn the ball over?

I wasn't waiting for them to give the game up. The team looked a lot better defensively too.

Of course Gordon was a liability defensively so it helps that he is gone.

Should be a tough game against the Celtics tonight, lets prove we can beat them with KG :headbang

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 30, 2009 -> 08:47 AM)
I'll never give an apology to Thomas regardless if he has a good season or not. Imo he should be coming off the bench and not starting. He can block but really that is about it.

Clearly if he has a good season then you are wrong. So you can apologize at that point or not, it doesnt change the fact you would be wrong.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 30, 2009 -> 07:00 AM)
Bears, Cubs, Bulls, White Sox, Blackhawks. That's the order of interest of this city. Hockey is the last on 95% of people's minds. The bar I went to last night was 5-1 bulls game over the hawks game.

As for the game last night, if the bulls can stay that balanced, they'll be a dangerous team. They made 3 3-pointers and shot 41%. Just real cold in the first half. Despite not having an old veteran, I think the team can throw enough bodies at teams to wear them down over the course of the game. As Doug Collins said (is it just me or is he the best analyst/commentator the NBA has? There's no one close), the defense is going to determine how far they can go.

I think getting past the 1st round is the goal this year. Then bring Wade in for the title run!

The Big thing is Hinrich is heatlhy, Deng is healthy, Salmons is rock solid, Brad Miller off the bench (along with Hinrich). This is one of the deepest teams in the league (I didn't say best). They also have star power in a young Derrick Rose.

You have Joakim and Tyrus who are solid defensive players with upside defensively. Taj Gibson is a nice looking rookie, Johnson a nice looking long-term rookie.

Bottom line this is a very deep team that I believe will make the playoffs and use its depth to its advantage in a physical playoff series and ultimately win a game.

Its just one game, but thats a huge win against one of the Favorites out in the West (a ton picked them right behind the Lakers).

Hopefully Derrick's ankle heals up soon. I mean the kid is insanely gifted even at 80%, but he still doesn't have that explosive burst were used to. Right now he's looking quite solid, but not the athletic freak that were used to.

BTW, someone should wake up Salmons and tell him the season has started. Though it's only been two games, he's looked awful, not to mention most of his shots are not even close to on line.

Edited by SoxAce

The Lakers just got blown out at home by the Mavs and the Celtics beat the Lakers in the finals 2 years ago when Garnett was healthy. Garnett's healthy again and they added Rasheed Wallace. The Lakers are not a 72-10 contender as tonight proved and they are not the clear favorite for the title.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 05:14 PM)
The Lakers just got blown out at home by the Mavs and the Celtics beat the Lakers in the finals 2 years ago when Garnett was healthy. Garnett's healthy again and they added Rasheed Wallace. The Lakers are not a 72-10 contender as tonight proved and they are not the clear favorite for the title.

Trevor Ariza just had a huge game for the Rockets tonight, while Ron Artest has looked terrible so far.

Wonder if Mitch Kupchak is second guessing himself right now.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
To be fair, Pau Gasol hasn't played for the Lakers yet. He's easily their second best player and gives them a pretty nasty frontcourt if both him and Bynum are healthy.

Oh ya the Lakers will be fine.

I think they signed Artest because he can guard either James or Pierce come the playoffs more than anything.

But Ariza is probably going to be the better player for the next 5 years. And it looks like the Rockets may actually be competitive again this season without Yao.

Of course our GM gave him up for Mo Evans and Brian Cook, so that was a great deal on our part.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 11:13 PM)
To be fair, Pau Gasol hasn't played for the Lakers yet. He's easily their second best player and gives them a pretty nasty frontcourt if both him and Bynum are healthy.

Right, the Lakers are great, but it's not a run away by any stretch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 12:22 PM)
It's really a shame that the Bulls did nothing to improve the talent level around D. Rose this season.

What would you have done this off-season? It's not like FA was stacked with really big names or anything.

And the Magic pick up an excellent 9 point win in Toronto with no Carter, Lewis or Pietrus and they still scored 126 points.

This team is gonna be good this season, very good. :headbang