Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 09:22 PM)
Is there a worse, more slow player then Brad Miller?

Miller was huge in winning this game tonight.

Great game by Deng, he has shown what we have been looking for out of him, at least for the last couple of games.

Nice to see the Bulls win it on the D end.

Detroit's still our bogey team. Don't know what it is with them, Rip Hamilton didn't even play tonight.

But our outside shooting was horrible. Ryan Anderson was something like 2-12 from the 3PT line. You shoot like that, you're not going to win simple as that.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 09:07 PM)
deng with the double double double ....23 pts 20 rebs

He was a beast, and it's good to see him back. It looks like he's quicker and stronger than the last couple years. John Salmons needs to seriously wake the f*** up. His defense has been good at least, but his shooting has been terrible so far in the early going. And VDN.. Kirk's been good this season, but please get off his nuts with the crazy PT. I love Pargo BTW who should be getting more minutes.

Please heal up quickly Rose. :pray

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)
And VDN.. Kirk's been good this season, but please get off his nuts with the crazy PT. I love Pargo BTW who should be getting more minutes.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but I'm sure Hinrich's playing time is related to Rose's health. I don't have a problem with it anyway. Hinrich is a solid player.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)
He was a beast, and it's good to see him back. It looks like he's quicker and stronger than the last couple years. John Salmons needs to seriously wake the f*** up. His defense has been good at least, but his shooting has been terrible so far in the early going. And VDN.. Kirk's been good this season, but please get off his nuts with the crazy PT. I love Pargo BTW who should be getting more minutes.

Hinrich was huge in reigning in Jennings during this game. If it is Pargo and Rose covering him, he goes for forty points and we don't stand a chance in this game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 08:04 AM)
Hinrich was huge in reigning in Jennings during this game. If it is Pargo and Rose covering him, he goes for forty points and we don't stand a chance in this game.

Jennings has been putting up some big numbers so far. Granted he's on a bad team, whose only other good scoring option just got injured, but hes gotta be an early front-runner for ROY, especially with Blake falling to the Clippers curse. Jennings skipped college for Europe and didnt play much in Italy last year, so wasnt sure what to expect from him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
Granted its a small 5-game sample size, but so far this season Greg Oden is averaging just under 23 minutes per game, 6.8 pts, 9.8 boards, 2.2 blocks, 4.8 fouls, 3.2 turnovers. Think the Blazers might regret passing on Durant now...

You can say that in hindsight, but there is no way you pass up Greg Oden at that point in time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 07:28 AM)
You can say that in hindsight, but there is no way you pass up Greg Oden at that point in time.

Yeah there was, there was serious debate at least from an outsider looking in. I could swear the Sam Bowie comparisons were made even before the draft.

Granted its a small 5-game sample size, but so far this season Greg Oden is averaging just under 23 minutes per game, 6.8 pts, 9.8 boards, 2.2 blocks, 4.8 fouls, 3.2 turnovers. Think the Blazers might regret passing on Durant now...

I think it will be another year or 2 for Oden - if you double his time (almost what Durant is averaging) he could be averaging 20 boards, 9 fouls and 6.5 turnovers!!!

Edited by Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 09:28 AM)

there definitely was a good pro-Durant crowd before the draft. Yes, the consensus in the media was pick Oden, but it wasn't a given that they had to pick him.

The Blazers basically had to pick Oden more out of need, as they didn't really have a dominant defensive big, and Aldridge is more of a PF anyways.

But OKC sure is glad Durant dropped to them now I can tell you.

We beat up on PHX tonight for an easy win. Minny almost beat Boston tonight also, going down 92-90.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 10:13 PM)
The Blazers basically had to pick Oden more out of need, as they didn't really have a dominant defensive big, and Aldridge is more of a PF anyways.

But OKC sure is glad Durant dropped to them now I can tell you.

We beat up on PHX tonight for an easy win. Minny almost beat Boston tonight also, going down 92-90.

The Celtics look awfully good right now. When Rasheed Wallace is your 6th man, you've got a squad.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)
The Celtics look awfully good right now. When Rasheed Wallace is your 6th man, you've got a squad.

They didn't look awfully good last night :)

Wolves almost knocked them off last night and if they hadn't looked completely incompetent in the final minute (I know, it's expected given the nature of this season), they would have beaten them. I've got some questions about the reffing which missed some really obvious calls last night, but you can't blame a loss on the refs. Oleksiy Pecherov had a career night with 24 points on 9/14 shooting that kept us in the game, something tells me that won't be happening every night :P

Remember he was injured, but I think it was pretty obvious the guy wasnt going to become a dynamic scorer right away.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 01:36 PM)
The only dynamic he has been to this point is a dynamic bust.

They thought he could have been the next Shawn Marion with his athletic ability, but Thomas just doesn't have that type of shooting touch.

I'd like to see what he could do in PHX or with the Knicks though.

In fact, I'd say he'll be wearing a Knicks jersey in 2011.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)
They thought he could have been the next Shawn Marion with his athletic ability, but Thomas just doesn't have that type of shooting touch.

I'd like to see what he could do in PHX or with the Knicks though.

In fact, I'd say he'll be wearing a Knicks jersey in 2011.

Talking about Greg Oden.