Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
Hell of a long shot regardless.. but just to have everyone's pants creamed alittle.. From Vercey and the NY Post.

this whole Lebron thing might be the most interesting part of the 09-10 season, especially if the Cavs struggle. I think the whole living up to MJ's legacy thing would keep Lebron from Chicago. The one thing that would get him here is Derrick Rose going crazy this year and showing him that he can help him win multiple rings

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
Hell of a long shot regardless.. but just to have everyone's pants creamed alittle.. From Vercey and the NY Post.

I'd much rather have Wade. My brother and I talked about this, and how passing His Airness' statue would do the following to people:

Kobe: Push him to accept the challenge

Wade: Find in an honor

LeBron: Be pressured and eventually whine about it.

Also, small annoyance, you play a 3 forward rotation then, since Deng is untradeable (if he plays bad, he'd get shopped, if he plays well, they'll keep him and let Salmons walk).

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
I'd much rather have Wade. My brother and I talked about this, and how passing His Airness' statue would do the following to people:

Kobe: Push him to accept the challenge

Wade: Find in an honor

LeBron: Be pressured and eventually whine about it.

Also, small annoyance, you play a 3 forward rotation then, since Deng is untradeable (if he plays bad, he'd get shopped, if he plays well, they'll keep him and let Salmons walk).

MJ and the statue be damned, if Lebron wants to play for the Bulls, you offer as much as you can. And I still think that Wade and Rose are FAR too similar in that they are most effective with the ball in their hands that they would be counter-productive to each other. We'd have the fastest backcourt in the league with an ability to get to the hoop like no other, but I don't think it's an optimal fit. I wouldn't complain, but there are better options. My wish list would go as follows:

1.) Lebron

2.) Bosh

3.) Stoudemire

4.) Wade

5.) Johnson

6.) Nowitzki/Redd/Boozer

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 08:00 PM)
MJ and the statue be damned, if Lebron wants to play for the Bulls, you offer as much as you can. And I still think that Wade and Rose are FAR too similar in that they are most effective with the ball in their hands that they would be counter-productive to each other. We'd have the fastest backcourt in the league with an ability to get to the hoop like no other, but I don't think it's an optimal fit. I wouldn't complain, but there are better options. My wish list would go as follows:

1.) Lebron

2.) Bosh

3.) Stoudemire

4.) Wade

5.) Johnson

6.) Nowitzki/Redd/Boozer

1. Bosh

2. Wade

3. Lebron

4. Nowitzki

5. Boozer

6. Amare

7. The field

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
1. Lebron

2. Wade

3. Bosh

Those are the only ones that matter. I know getting a big to pair with Rose is needed, but you don't pass up a chance at all time greats like Lebron and Wade.

Just about to post this myself. I would absolutely love Bosh, but there's no way I'm turning down LeBron or Wade for him.

Here's my biggest worry, structure-wise...hypothetically if we do sign Lebron, how exactly are we going to move Deng's contract out of the way? We'd have $33 million or so tied up at the SF position.

If we could seriously see someone willing to take on Deng's contract, then that makes it vastly more palatable. If we're stuck paying Deng and Lebron for 2-3 seasons, then we're suddenly in no-flexibility land and we're relying on the parts we have right now with little ability to get better because our backup SF is making so much money.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
Here's my biggest worry, structure-wise...hypothetically if we do sign Lebron, how exactly are we going to move Deng's contract out of the way? We'd have $33 million or so tied up at the SF position.

If we could seriously see someone willing to take on Deng's contract, then that makes it vastly more palatable. If we're stuck paying Deng and Lebron for 2-3 seasons, then we're suddenly in no-flexibility land and we're relying on the parts we have right now with little ability to get better because our backup SF is making so much money.

I'm sure we'd go small and play both Lebron and Deng. Lebron is so huge you can get away with it, he's built like a power forward and rebounds pretty well.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 12:36 PM)
I'm sure we'd go small and play both Lebron and Deng. Lebron is so huge you can get away with it, he's built like a power forward and rebounds pretty well.

Exactly. There's no way Deng wouldn't start, so I think LeBron would essentially be our 4 (even if he doesn't have to always play down-low like a PF 'cause I'm sure he wouldn't like that).

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 11:44 AM)
Exactly. There's no way Deng wouldn't start, so I think LeBron would essentially be our 4 (even if he doesn't have to always play down-low like a PF 'cause I'm sure he wouldn't like that).

The Cavs have a small line up they use down the stretch of games where James is the PF.

LeBron is the type of guy where you sign him and find out what to do with whoever has his spot at the moment later. It's like saying no to Michael Jordan in his prime because you have Mitch Richmond at his spot already.

With that said, Deng has to be moved either to PF or another team if we sign Wade because we really won't have a 3 point threat in our starting lineup which will really hurt Wade and Rose. So I hope Deng starts taking 1,000 threes a game.

The way I look at Lebron is which of the available teams is most appealing to him in its current state? To me, Chicago was his childhood team with his idol, and has a very appealing sidekick in Rose(and even Deng if he sticks around), large market, very much in the spotlight with a strong fanbase.

But I know money talks, he could go anywhere

Bosh, Wade, LeBron and Stoudemire are great and I'd love to get one but I guess I'm just too pessimistic to see that happening.

LeBron would kill two birds with one stone since he can be the go to guy and play down low if necessary, he should be a primary target but he will be the most costly.

Wade is also great and dramatically improves our guards.

Bosh gives us a guy aside Noah that can score and defend.

It is easy to see the benefits for each and I would love to sign one and get a second tier type player as well. I don't know if that is possible financially though, all depends I suppose.

If we get Bosh, I'd love to get Raja Bell or Ronnie Brewer.

If we get Wade, I'd love to add Mehmet Okur or Brendan Haywood.

I feel we could use a perimeter shooter this coming offseason, I suppose we could draft one but it is too early to judge the draft stock imo.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
I wanted him on the Bulls the first time I saw him in College.

I do not regret wanting him.

I wanted him traded before we even drafted him. I am going to send him an apology letter. He is the epitome of a player trying to improve consistently.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
1. Lebron

2. Wade

3. Bosh

Those are the only ones that matter. I know getting a big to pair with Rose is needed, but you don't pass up a chance at all time greats like Lebron and Wade.

Yup. Personally I want Wade, but LeBron is clearly the best player of the bunch and would be the greatest addition.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 01:10 PM)
The way I look at Lebron is which of the available teams is most appealing to him in its current state? To me, Chicago was his childhood team with his idol, and has a very appealing sidekick in Rose(and even Deng if he sticks around), large market, very much in the spotlight with a strong fanbase.

But I know money talks, he could go anywhere

Lebron will get slightly more money in adverts going to NJ or NY than in Chicago, but not much. The questions Lebron needs to ask himself is this- Which team is closer to a championship WITH Lebron: the Cavs (making less advert money), the Knicks, the Nets, or the Bulls? I think with a core of Rose, Lebron and Deng... the bulls win that argument.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
or the lakers, which makes the most sense for everyone.

That's not even possible. Kobe, Gasol and Bynum alone puts them over the cap much less adding James' salary and everyone else on the roster. They'd have to do a sign-and-trade with Gasol or Bynum+filler to even get in the neighborhood of feasibility.