Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
Honestly, could you call a timeout, catch, and shoot in 0.6 seconds? I couldn't.

Well a timeout is instantly called when he gains possession of the rebound, and technically you can catch and shoot in .3, so why not?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
Honestly, could you call a timeout, catch, and shoot in 0.6 seconds? I couldn't.

*insert random nba superstar here* could.

that was so close that you have to just stay with the call on the floor.

garbage like this is why i barely watch the nba.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
The thing that sucks is there was clearly .4 seconds left when Noah called timeout after the missed FT.

Officiating late in the game sucked dick overall. Anthony tripped Deng with the ref watching right on the side, then Carmelo tried to bulls*** the refs by helping Deng up. IMO, an act like that is almost worse than hacking a guy hard intentionally.

Plus, Billups got fouled by Noah, shoulda been called. If anything, it might have helped the Bulls.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
Gilbert Arenas just became the 18th NBA player with 12 turnovers in a single game.

That dude is the most overrated player in the league. I've been saying it for years. He is a dime a dozen type player.

QUOTE (ChiSox @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
*insert random nba superstar here* could.

that was so close that you have to just stay with the call on the floor.

garbage like this is why i barely watch the nba.

If that was Kobe, it would have been good no matter what.

Nobody would believe that Brad Miller can make such a shot.

Honestly, if the NBA was corrupt like that, the commissioner's office would have called the refs and told them to keep the damn play. That's one of the plays of the year if it stayed.

Think this one sums it up for me.

Jeremy (Roundball Mining Co./TrueHoop Network):

Sorry I think I blacked out there for a while. On one hand I agree with JD, if it is so close you have to look at it for five minutes I do not think you have the evidence to overturn it. On the other hand, I honestly do not think it is possible to have all of that happen in an honest to goodness 0.6 seconds.

What an awful call on the "visual evidence" to overturn that one, but that was a very exciting game. Though I must say great defense on Billips Kirk... NOT!

The thing that annoys me the most about that call, is usually home teams always get that kind of call no matter what.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
What an awful call on the "visual evidence" to overturn that one, but that was a very exciting game. Though I must say great defense on Billips Kirk... NOT!

yeah one thing you can take away from this is that the Bulls have hung tough against some pretty stiff competition early this year and Denver was no exception.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 09:41 PM)
If that was Kobe, it would have been good no matter what.

Nobody would believe that Brad Miller can make such a shot.

Honestly, if the NBA was corrupt like that, the commissioner's office would have called the refs and told them to keep the damn play. That's one of the plays of the year if it stayed.

if derek fisher can turn and shoot in .4 seconds, brad miller can volleyball shoot in .3

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 04:48 AM)

You should know by now that Hinrich is the worst end of game player in the history of the world.

QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
I would rather not have instant replay anymore in any sport.

I agree. Officiating is always going to be questionable to bad on most occasions, apparently even with the assistance of technology. There is nothing worse then having referees watching video for minutes at a time delaying games and then still getting the call wrong. And "Beyond a reasonable doubt" obviously doesn't mean anything when overturning call anymore in any sport with instant replay. I hope MLB at least stays strong and sticks to just home run calls. I dread the day that instant replay ruins my favorite sport

Tough break for the Bulls tonight, I wonder if it was more a superstar player than Brad Miller if they would have gotten the call then. God knows if it was LeBron, there'd probably be a whole ESPN Sportscenter newshour dedicated to it or something.

We get VC back, and take on the Cavs tomorrow night. We're 6-2, but are probably playing at about 50-60% right now, a lot of improvement to go.