Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 12:10 PM)
Yeah, that's entirely a case of a coach taking the fall for managements mistakes.

Nah, Byron Scott wasn't the genius in New Jersey (Eddie Jordan was) and he just doesn't have the ability to get his guys to respect him. Bottom line, he's lost his team in New Jersey and now in Charlotte and that is why he's gone.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
This happens entirely too often. I wish Byron could take the reigns in Chicago and coach up D-Rose like he did CP3.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 05:18 PM)
I'd be on board with that.

CP3 was going to be this good regardless of where he ended up. It has a lot less to do with Scott's coaching and much more to do with, CP3's skill, mindset and killer instinct. Scott will not make a difference in Derrick's career.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 01:09 AM)
:o :o :o

That was a vicious poster.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 09:19 AM)
Hm, LeBron switching his number to 6 next season...I'm not being completely serious, but just another star aligning for the Bulls. :)

Lol. Maybe Wade and LeBron in Chicago!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 01:18 PM)
Nah, Byron Scott wasn't the genius in New Jersey (Eddie Jordan was) and he just doesn't have the ability to get his guys to respect him. Bottom line, he's lost his team in New Jersey and now in Charlotte and that is why he's gone.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 01:19 PM)
No thank you. Byron Scott is not a good head coach.

Bingo. EJ was much more of a factor in New Jersey. Scott is a mediocre coach. For Rose, a guy who has all the talent in the world, it's going to come down to his personality. He's not agressive at all times of the game, literally instead of using his speed, he rather walk the ball up the court each time up, and of course, the infamous, bring the ball up the court, dump it in, and stand in a corner for the whole play. No, that's not VDN's play by design. That's Rose in a nutshell. Hopefully he can correct this, but usually personality changes are hard to make.

The Hawks and Heat looked to have raised their games a little more this season which is good to see.

And the Hawks basically added Crawford and Horford is progressing nicely, so they should be better than last season.

All of a sudden, the Southeast division is argubly the best in the NBA you could argue.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 09:32 AM)
huh?

Edit: Never mind, found what you were talking about:

I hate LeBron as a person, and I'm not buying that bulls***. Its funny I mentioned that a couple years ago he'd be overshadowed because of #23 and now he wants to change it in his FA year when New Jersey, New York, Miami and Chicago all have it retired? Go f*** yourself LeBron, the person.. but LeBron the player.... you can play here. :D

Bulls and 76ers tonight should be a good game. Noah is making me excited to see him play.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 05:52 PM)
I hate LeBron as a person, and I'm not buying that bulls***. Its funny I mentioned that a couple years ago he'd be overshadowed because of #23 and now he wants to change it in his FA year when New Jersey, New York, Miami and Chicago all have it retired? Go f*** yourself LeBron, the person.. but LeBron the player.... you can play here. :D

Bulls and 76ers tonight should be a good game. Noah is making me excited to see him play.

I won't go that far. Because quite frankly I don't know Lebron as a person overall. But he's definitely reaching jackass territory. It just shows you how unfair people (including myself) were towards Kobe.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
What has Elton Brand become?

A man trying to find himself... with a new offensive attack, (Princeton) not enough plays run in the post, benched in the 4th quarter(s), and playing with mostly athletes instead of basketball players.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 09:39 AM)
He's indicated that he doesn't want to come off the bench. Is there a team that he could start for?

I would have said the Bobcats before they made the Jackson trade.

I'd say he goes to Europe or retires.

He's done in the NBA IMO.