Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
Bulls win 101-87. This was basically the 1st time I got to see the Bulls this season for an extended portion of a game and the thing that stook out to me most was how much better the defense looked compared to years past. Yes, it was against a mediocre/bad/young Kings team, but we played extremely disciplined defense.

They didn't leave their feet on pump fakes, they worked hard to get around screens, they hustled to every loose ball, they didn't allow any easy entry passes to the post, they communicated well on switches, and their man defense overall was very sound. It's definitely apparent that the coaches and players have put a great deal of focus on defensive effort, and it seems to be paying off a bit.

There is a major difference in having a healthy Hinrich and Luol Deng getting significant minutes. Not to mention Salmons.

All three are superior to the garbage defensive players we had on the court for significant stretches of last season, imo.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 06:18 AM)
Anyone willing to say the East has gone from a Big 3 to a Big 4 now?

I am.

After years of high drafts picks and a few shrewd moves (who'd have thought Crawford would ever be a player that HELPS a team?) the Hawks are just flat out awesome. Combine that with the fact that Josh Smith has stopped chucking ill-advised shots and is playing within himself (and shooting nearly 60% in the process) and that team is just flat-out sick.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 09:05 AM)
I am.

After years of high drafts picks and a few shrewd moves (who'd have thought Crawford would ever be a player that HELPS a team?) the Hawks are just flat out awesome. Combine that with the fact that Josh Smith has stopped chucking ill-advised shots and is playing within himself (and shooting nearly 60% in the process) and that team is just flat-out sick.

Yup. I like them a lot. Crawford is much better suited for the 6th man role. Joe Johnson, IMO, is the third best SG in the league behind Kobe and Wade. Josh Smith just pretty much does everything (I remember thinking Tyrus Thomas would be this type of player). They're very athletic and have quite a bit of quality depth. I still think a healthy Boston is the best team in the east. But Atlanta is definitely going to be a team to deal with.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 10:17 PM)
Rose needs to stop taking so many jumpers.

Doug Collins is right though. Noone can make a damn three (or at times two pointers for that matter) for Rose to try and penetrate to the basket. He's got no lanes since they are all clogged. Rose does though he to just pass the ball more since he's struggling on his jumper.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
Doug Collins is right though. Noone can make a damn three (or at times two pointers for that matter) for Rose to try and penetrate to the basket. He's got no lanes since they are all clogged. Rose does though he to just pass the ball more since he's struggling on his jumper.

It's a valid point, but he still needs to stop with the quick jumpers. I'm afraid this is going to get ugly.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 11:14 PM)
ugh, i hate when the bulls play a game that i can watch and they get blown out, this just completely ruined my night.

Well.. the one guy who I was afraid of, who many didn't think he would play, is just killing us. I knew if he plays he were in trouble a while back. And that is Pau Gasol.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 12:01 AM)
I keep saying this, but the curse of the 2nd year player in Chicago lives on. I don't know if the players get celebrated too much in the offseason and just don't stay in shape, but it's a disturbing trend of late.

Of course it doesn't help that the Bulls don't have a single guy who can make a jump shot.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
Congratulations Vinny Del Negro. You received your first technical foul. It's about damn time you actually stood up for your players.

I like Vinny...and wasn't he a shooter when he was in the NBA? I say we suit him up.

Well last night showed the offensive problems that the Bulls are going thru ATM.

Taking out Gordon's points off the bench, and when Gibson only gives you 4 points, you're going to struggle to post a winning score. Shows how if a guy like Tyrus Thomas was healthy, and improving on the level of say a Josh Smith from season to season, how much of a difference that can make overall.

Luckily, the Bulls have been very good defensively so far this season, and that's why they've won 6 games so far.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)
I keep saying this, but the curse of the 2nd year player in Chicago lives on. I don't know if the players get celebrated too much in the offseason and just don't stay in shape, but it's a disturbing trend of late.

Its more like losing the only other dependable scorer makes it a lot tighter game for Rose.

Yahoo! Sports reports that Tracy McGrady and coach Rick Adelman reportedly got into a heated exchange behind closed doors on Wednesday, after McGrady dressed in his game uniform despite the Rockets saying that there was no target date for his return.

It sounds like T-Mac is sensing that he's no longer wanted by the organization, who says he's not ready, and won't set a timetable for his return until after his MRI on Nov. 23. Meanwhile, T-Mac says he's ready to play, but Houston is playing well and likes the team's chemistry without him in the mix. It's possible they may just sit him and collect insurance money, or try to trade him. However, it's also still possible he's given a clean bill of health and eventually plays this year. Either way, we're not on board with picking him up.

In a way, seeing this report makes me sad because T-Mac is still one of my favourite players going around, but he's basically a shadow of what he was back when he was playing with the Magic.

Now if the Bulls had a chance to dump a long - term contract such as Deng's for T-Mac's expiring max deal, would you pull the trigger?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 12:46 AM)
Salmons has been straight up "Clank" all year. If he doesnt get it in gear then teams are going to just focus on stopping Rose

Albeit I only watched the 1st half yesterday, but I thought Salmons was actually pretty good on the offensive end last night.

I suppose he's still getting used to playing at the 2 and not the 3 spot, and in a way, the Bulls ideally would probably like to deal Deng for a good shooting 2 guard such as Monta Ellis and allow for Salmons to go back to the 3 spot.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 08:08 AM)
In a way, seeing this report makes me sad because T-Mac is still one of my favourite players going around, but he's basically a shadow of what he was back when he was playing with the Magic.

Now if the Bulls had a chance to dump a long - term contract such as Deng's for T-Mac's expiring max deal, would you pull the trigger?

I honestly would. I think Deng would be perfect for that offense too. Moving him means you can possibly sign two max fa's if you non-tender Tyrus and trade Kirk.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
It's amazing to me how guys like T-mac and AI are like no longer wanted. lol. Seems like just a few years ago these guys were dominating the league.

TMac is injured and is still on a huge contract through the end of this year.