Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
It's amazing to me how guys like T-mac and AI are like no longer wanted. lol. Seems like just a few years ago these guys were dominating the league.

and Iverson refuses to accept the fact that he is too old to lead a team playing 40 minutes a game. If he could accept that he is valuable coming off the bench playing 20 minutes a game, a lot of teams would have him. But he has too much pride to come off the bench and not be the alpha dog

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice win for us over Boston today, even though it was a struggle offensively against them, but it always will be. Dwight Howard needs to pick it up offensively though.

And Milwaukee is 7-3 right now, Brandon Jennings is carrying that team ATM.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
Noah just posterized Greg Oden. Did not see that coming

He gave Oden a facial (so did D. Rose actually), but Oden got the last laugh with just beasting Noah the whole game on the glass, and the Blazers winning.

Edited by SoxAce

Could have been Oden's best game as a pro right there.

If Portland would have signed Lamar Odom instead of Andre Miller, I think they could win the West this season.

I don't see them being better than Denver or LA though.

I don't follow the NBA like at all, but I was bored and looking through some pics, and Chris Paul literally looks like a coach on the sideline when he's in a suit. It seems like most injured players just put the suit on and hang out, whereas he literally looks like he could be an assistant coach on that team.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 11:13 PM)
He gave Oden a facial (so did D. Rose actually), but Oden got the last laugh with just beasting Noah the whole game on the glass, and the Blazers winning.

Oden threw Noah around a good portion of the game, even causing Noah to throw the ball in frustration.

Just randomly thinking....

Hypothetically, lets say the Nets go 0-82 and don't get the first pick after the lottery drawing, do you change the system?

I personally think the lottery is stupid, and yes I know the Bulls got Rose and this is somewhat sill for me to bring up. I've always felt the system is flawed and if a team has the worst record then they should get the first overall pick outright.

Oth, the Bulls need a scorer or they won't go far in the playoffs "if" they make the playoffs.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 05:54 PM)
I personally think the lottery is stupid, and yes I know the Bulls got Rose and this is somewhat sill for me to bring up. I've always felt the system is flawed and if a team has the worst record then they should get the first overall pick outright.

Does anyone like seeing 10 teams start tanking for the last 2 months of the season to try to improve their draft pick? They do it enough with the lottery in existence.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)

Hypothetically, lets say the Nets go 0-82 and don't get the first pick after the lottery drawing, do you change the system?

I think it needs to be changed anyways. You have players like Ricky Rubio f***ing over the Timberwolves because they want to be a Laker/Knick/whatever. It is extremely flawed

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
Does anyone like seeing 10 teams start tanking for the last 2 months of the season to try to improve their draft pick? They do it enough with the lottery in existence.

I dont really know what could be done to change that. It would have to really be proven that a team is tanking and is not, in fact, really bad. And then what sort of penalty could you assess to a team? thats a tough one

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
I dont really know what could be done to change that. It would have to really be proven that a team is tanking and is not, in fact, really bad. And then what sort of penalty could you assess to a team? thats a tough one

Like when the star player on a bad team comes down with a mysterious injury 2 months before the season ends and thus doesn't play the last month...yeah, what can you do. You can put a lottery in place, that's about it.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)

Oth, the Bulls need a scorer or they won't go far in the playoffs "if" they make the playoffs.

That basically encourages losing though, and I don't think the NBA really wanna promote that type of thought.

I personally like the lottery system and think it should stay.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)

I think they need to go the other way. Everyone gets the same odds, no tanking, no good players wasted on s*** teams. Was San Antonio getting Duncan a bad thing? Are bad teams like the Clippers, Grizzlys, nets, etc better off getting high picks and then toiling at <.500 every year because even with the high picks they still have horrible front offices i don think so personally.>

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 03:30 AM)
I think they need to go the other way. Everyone gets the same odds, no tanking, no good players wasted on s*** teams. Was San Antonio getting Duncan a bad thing? Are bad teams like the Clippers, Grizzlys, nets, etc better off getting high picks and then toiling at <.500 every year because even with the high picks they still have horrible front offices i don think so personally.>

SA getting Duncan was a very bad thing actually. The NBA had some of its worst ratings with SA in the Finals. Even that thriller against Detroit had awful ratings. If he would've ended up in a major market like he was supposed to, the NBA would've made a lot more money and had a lot better ratings.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
So is part of VDN's offense built around having D Rose jog through the lane and stand in the corner? Because thats what I see a majority of the time.

It's not. I've actually commented on it before. But Derrick has been the master of that play since high school. In fact, he created it.

I gotta say it was nice to see Rose really aggressive in his offensive game (in the 4th quarter especially) which is good to see in the future. It was a very nice battle between two talented young PG in Rose and Jennings. The only peeve I still got with DRose is he's got to take that last shot. (GT or GW) I know he has the pass first PG mentality which is fine, but he doesn't have his Batman yet (or Robin) to go to. I'd rather have the Bulls lose with the future taking it in.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
Another game where a Ben Gordon is missed.

I think this season so far has shown how weak the Bulls bench has become after the loss of Gordon in terms of not having an impact scorer that you need off there.

Pargo hasn't come anywhere close to replacing him, while Hinrich just doesn't really fit the mould of a 6th man.

Of course they didn't have Kirk or Tyrus tonight and they only lost to a Bucks team that got Bogut back tonight and has been playing well under Skiles (although we'll see if that lasts the season), but the positive for the Bulls is that they're 6-9 and still around 8th spot in the East, teams like Toronto, Washington and Philly have had terrible starts so far.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
I think this season so far has shown how weak the Bulls bench has become after the loss of Gordon in terms of not having an impact scorer that you need off there.

Pargo hasn't come anywhere close to replacing him, while Hinrich just doesn't really fit the mould of a 6th man.

Of course they didn't have Kirk or Tyrus tonight and they only lost to a Bucks team that got Bogut back tonight and has been playing well under Skiles (although we'll see if that lasts the season), but the positive for the Bulls is that they're 6-9 and still around 8th spot in the East, teams like Toronto, Washington and Philly have had terrible starts so far.

Pargo is sooo sporadic. If he has a game, he can be huge, but he can't take it on himself to do it. I really can't wait to see if the Bulls can score during THE free agent class, or to see if someone is willing to trade their superstar in the season before in order to get something for them. It is the Bulls really big shot at having a chance at another title. If they strike out like they did during the Tracy McGrady free agency year, the Bulls are really going to fall down the ladder in Chicago relevance.