Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

Avery Johnson's been mooted for the Detroit job also.

Joe Dumars has suddenly gone from the most lauded GM 2 years ago, to now a GM who's argubly under a lot of pressure.

Big off-season for that franchise.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 11:52 AM)
The fact that they pulled the contract offer last year was a pretty rough sign.

On the other hand...their draft this year makes zero sense if they let Gordon walk.

I understand that... I want to know what happened in the last 3 weeks that put the writing on the wall? Drafting 2 big men? LMAO

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 08:58 AM)
I understand that... I want to know what happened in the last 3 weeks that put the writing on the wall? Drafting 2 big men? LMAO

Chicago Bulls guard Ben Gordon(notes) and Milwaukee Bucks forward Charlie Villanueva(notes) flew to Detroit on Wednesday morning for a mid-day meeting with team president Joe Dumars and indications are both are moving rapidly toward deals with the Detroit Pistons, league and sources close to the two players told Yahoo! Sports.

Gordon and Villanueva, both unrestricted free agents, would be significant strikes on the first full day of NBA free agency.

Gordon and Villanueva played one season together at the University of Connecticut, and are good friends. The Pistons have nearly $20 million in salary-cap space and it’s thought that the offers to these two players would come close to expending that money.

Gordon, who scored 20 points a game last season, turned down a $54 million Bulls extension as a restricted free agent last summer.

Link, 2 hours ago.

If that were to happen, Paul Millsap's probably headed to the Thunder.

And I think that team could actually make the playoffs in the West next season.

PG - Westbrook

SG - Harden

SF - Durant

PF - Millsap

C - Krstic

Bench: Green, Sefolosha, Watson, White, Collison, Mason, Wilkins

That's a pretty good lineup with a lot of upside going forward.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 12:18 PM)
The Thunder should sign Millsap and then trade expiring contracts (Watson/etc.) for Kaman.

Kaman/Krstic

Millsap/Collison

Durant/Green

Harden/Thabo

Westbrook

There is no reason why Jeff green should come off the bench.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 02:28 AM)
There is no reason why Jeff green should come off the bench.

Well I don't think Millsap is going to sign and not be a starter.

And Durant's basically shown he's a much better player for Scotty Brooks as a 3 and not the 2 spot, plus they drafted Harden for the SG spot.

Green could be a 6th man of the year if he came off the pine, but then again it could hurt the Thunder in trying to re-sign him long term, so it's an interesting balancing act they have to play here.

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 12:34 PM)
Well I don't think Millsap is going to sign and not be a starter.

And Durant's basically shown he's a much better player for Scotty Brooks as a 3 and not the 2 spot, plus they drafted Harden for the SG spot.

Green could be a 6th man of the year if he came off the pine, but then again it could hurt the Thunder in trying to re-sign him long term, so it's an interesting balancing act they have to play here.

I just do not see the point in OKC signing a 4. Jeff Green is still developing and very serviceable.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 02:37 AM)
I just do not see the point in OKC signing a 4. Jeff Green is still developing and very serviceable.

Well I guess Krstic ain't exactly a banger down low, so they could use another real good player on the boards. And Millsap's a pretty good defensive PF also, much better than Boozer anyways.

And they've got to use their cap room now before it gets swallowed up in the Durant and Green extensions.

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 12:41 PM)
Well I guess Krstic ain't exactly a banger down low, so they could use another real good player on the boards. And Millsap's a pretty good defensive PF also, much better than Boozer anyways.

And they've got to use their cap room now before it gets swallowed up in the Durant and Green extensions.

I think Green is too valuable of an asset to come off the bench. I wonder if they would look to deal him. I do like the idea of Millisap signing if Green were to be moved.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 09:27 AM)
that still has nothing to do with the writing on the wall for 3 weeks. Just wondering if 101 had inside info.

The Bulls are going to try to resign Gordon. The problem is they haven't been able to find a taker on Hinrich or at least not at the value the Bulls want (as they really value Kirk, but want Gordons offense without taking on luxury tax or ruining there cap-room for 2010.

Ben Gordon sign and trade with the Blazers is a possibility if Hinrich doesnt' go to the Blazers.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 11:37 AM)

They desperately need a big man to help with their defense and rebounding, especially since Krstic is more of an offensive/finesse big. Millsap makes a ton of sense for them. I would imagine they'd go small and start Green and Millsap up front against a lot of teams and only use Millsap/Kristic up front when they play someone with two bigs. I think that'd work pretty well, especially since Durant and Green both have a ton of length and can probably bother most of your finesse bigs and may be able to do even more as they add strength.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
No.

Yes.

Same old Ben, different jersey... no doubt about it.

So I'm guessing the Pistons will trade Rip away and have Gordon there at full-time along with Stuckey at the point?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
Let's see if he can guard or shoot on John Salmons.

Salmons isn't close to a top 10 SG in the league. I'm pretty sure Ben would not worry about him. And guys, if you thought Ben's 15FGA a game were bad(I don't know how you would), wait until you see Salmons realize he is the best shooter on the floor.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Salmons isn't close to a top 10 SG in the league. I'm pretty sure Ben would not worry about him. And guys, if you thought Ben's 15FGA a game were bad(I don't know how you would), wait until you see Salmons realize he is the best shooter on the floor.

Ya, Gordon's .455 FG% is way better than Salmons' .472...oh, wait.