Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

Lawrence Frank mooted;

ESPN's Marc Stein reports that Lawrence Frank, who was fired by the Nets recently, could be the next coach for the Bulls if Vinny Del Negro loses his job.

This is not too surprising and even if Frank doesn't land with the Bulls, we doubt he'll go too long without having a new job. Del Negro's job is definitely in jeopardy, and it could just be a matter of time before he's let go. The Bulls fired Scott Skiles on Christmas Day a few years ago, but we doubt they would put Del Negro through the same holiday drill.

Bulls down to GS at the half also.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 12:10 AM)
The Celtics are really good at basketball. I think they're clearly the top dog in the east.

I won't say "clearly" (2 of their 4 losses were against Atlanta and Orlando) but they are indeed up there as the top team.

A part of me though still thinks Atlanta can beat them this year in the playoffs with their athleticism and they always give Boston fits. I wouldn't be shocked either if Orlando can bounce them out. This will be all moot though, when the Lakers beat any of them. :D

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 12:21 AM)
I won't say "clearly" (2 of their 4 losses were against Atlanta and Orlando) but they are indeed up there as the top team.

A part of me though still thinks Atlanta can beat them this year in the playoffs with their athleticism and they always give Boston fits. I wouldn't be shocked either if Orlando can bounce them out. This will be all moot though, when the Lakers beat any of them. :D

KG is really starting to round into pre-injury form. I still believe with a healthy KG they at least get to the finals last year. They've got the best starting 5 in basketball and a much better bench.

Is it weird that no-one is taking the Cavs as a threat right now, and that Atlanta has probably surpassed them as the #3 team in the big 4 in the East now?

Has the acquisition of Shaq actually hurt them as a whole (especially on the defensive end)?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
The Bulls are so predictable. Of course they'd pretend to be in the game and then lose in the 4th

Against the Lakers?! Are you kidding?! I thought they'd get blown out by the 2nd/3rd quarter. (ala Boston/Atlanta/Toronto etc..)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
Against the Lakers?! Are you kidding?! I thought they'd get blown out by the 2nd/3rd quarter. (ala Boston/Atlanta/Toronto etc..)

talking about how obvious it was the Lakers were just half-stepping it and it was going to be made obvious in the 4th.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 09:12 AM)
Nothing to prove, that's just how the Bulls work.

VDN will be our coach through this season.

That's how the Bulls work. Then we'll enter the FA signing period without a head coach, and no one will sign with us.

Lather, rince, repeat.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 09:15 AM)
VDN will be our coach through this season.

That's how the Bulls work. Then we'll enter the FA signing period without a head coach, and no one will sign with us.

Lather, rince, repeat.

We need to get a new coach in here to start implementing his system before Chris Bosh comes on board.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 09:17 AM)
The last three Bulls head coaches (not the interim coaches) we fired during the season... 2 of them on Christmas Eve.

Ok pardon me... the dogs*** interim coach who takes over for VDN will be let go as the season ends, and we'll enter FA with no head coach and no one will sign here.

Hell, we were scouting for the #1 draft pick without a head coach.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 08:24 PM)
25-8 Knicks... OK this would be a great day to fire VDN.

Rose is the only player on this team worth a damn (well Noah is ok). You have to love our 10 million dollar backup PG/SG who can't shoot and has never been a good distributor. I will never understand the love Bulls fans gave Kirk Hinrich, a decent but not great defender who never was a good shooter and never a good distributor. The one thing I will give him is he defends Wade really well. Our wings thrive at taking 20 ft jump shots which are basically the worst shot in basketball. Brad Miller has no business getting more than 10 minutes a game for an NBA team at this point and he is starting, just awesome.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
Rose is the only player on this team worth a damn (well Noah is ok). You have to love our 10 million dollar backup PG/SG who can't shoot and has never been a good distributor. I will never understand the love Bulls fans gave Kirk Hinrich, a decent but not great defender who never was a good shooter and never a good distributor. The one thing I will give him is he defends Wade really well. Our wings thrive at taking 20 ft jump shots which are basically the worst shot in basketball. Brad Miller has no business getting more than 10 minutes a game for an NBA team at this point and he is starting, just awesome.

I don't understand those who think adding Chris Bosh will make the Bulls a championship contender. No way. They need Wade or LeBron. I agree with you, Rose then Noah and maybe Deng are keepers. Everyone else is roster filler.

I think the Bulls organization should send personal apology letters to all their ticketholders.