Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 06:58 PM)
So if the Bulls lose to the Knicks tonight, is that going to be the end for VDN?

I doubt it although on ESPN tonight they said JR thinks this should be a playoff team and he wants the playoff money. Hiring a new coach would probably cancel out that playoff money if the report was accurate. I do think there is zero chance Vinny is coaching this team next year. If the guy they want to replace him is available now, I say the sooner the better, but I think VDN is going to be around for a while. I hope I'm wrong, this is about as bad as the Bears now.

Edited by Dick Allen

I turned it off with 14 seconds left when Rose passed up a jumper in the lane to pass to a covered Deng who proceeded to throw up a heavily contested 20 footer which predictably fell short.

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)
I turned it off with 14 seconds left when Rose passed up a jumper in the lane to pass to a covered Deng who proceeded to throw up a heavily contested 20 footer which predictably fell short.

Except it was the opposite. Deng was open and Rose would have had a tough shot since the defense was crashing, but either way DRose should have taken it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
Pathetic.

And I was thinking that the Bulls would be something decent this year. UGH...

Really, is simply missing Ben Gordon enough to account for the difference between the team against the C's last year and this mess? I find that hard to believe.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
Except it was the opposite. Deng was open and Rose would have had a tough shot since the defense was crashing, but either way DRose should have taken it.

I must have imagined the contested shot that Deng just took. From way too deep for that moment in the game. DRose may of had a tough shot at that moment, but I am getting sick of him deferring.

Edited by KyYlE23

I guess now I'll just be watching how Rose progresses and how many monster games on the boards Noah has. Really good to see the battle he and David Lee were in all game, from the ex college teammates. And for those wondering who are "true" leader is.. Joakim Noah answered that (on and off the court) weeks ago. I'm also glad to hear that Rose is finally healthy, which is showing in his game. Luol Deng injured again? (though playing through it, though part of me thinks if Kobe wasn't play through his broken finger, we wouldn't be seeing Deng) I for one am shocked..

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
I must have imagined the contested shot that Deng just took. From way too deep for that moment in the game. DRose may of had a tough shot at that moment, but I am getting sick of him deferring.

Can't really blame him tonight, he was spectacular in the 2nd half. That's the Derrick Rose we all know and love and want to see WAY more of.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
And it's the right time of year too. There's 3 offdays now, so there's a couple days to do it.

Well it IS the Bulls, so if they fire him, it'll probably be on Christmas Eve.

Bulls Boxed in by Cheap Coaching Hire

Great article.

Vinny ran three [different] plays the whole half and barely made any [play] calls. We don’t even know what to write down. They had a lot more variety last year, a lot more ball movement. It was almost like Vinny said, ‘Screw it, you guys figure it out.
Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 05:31 PM)

I have no problem with those that want VDN gone. But it bothers me very much that it seems to be popular opinion that this would be a much better team with a different coach. There's no coach, past or present, that would take this particular team past the first round. Orlando, Cleveland, Boston and Atlanta. We're miles behind any of those 4 teams regardless of who's the coach. The one guy that should really be on the hotseat is John Paxson. But Jerry Reinsdorf is loyal to a fault. Paxson would have to quite before Jerry let him go.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 06:51 PM)
I have no problem with those that want VDN gone. But it bothers me very much that it seems to be popular opinion that this would be a much better team with a different coach. There's no coach, past or present, that would take this particular team past the first round. Orlando, Cleveland, Boston and Atlanta. We're miles behind any of those 4 teams regardless of who's the coach. The one guy that should really be on the hotseat is John Paxson. But Jerry Reinsdorf is loyal to a fault. Paxson would have to quite before Jerry let him go.

We're in good shape for the future if we can get someone to sign here. But I can't imagine why anyone would right now.