Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
Which is why I'd rather move Deng for Butler. Last year Salmons played well at the 3 for the Bulls, not so much at the 2 this year. But if you can move Hinirch for Butler, than Deng + James and/or Salmon for T-Mac, you'd have enough cap to sign, like, 3 big FA's, wouldn't you?

There's virtually no way anyone could have enough room for three max-deal free agents, you'd have to have less than $10 mil in total salary commitments for that (which I think Miami actually has a shot at if Wade opts out). The cap is likely to be in the low-50's and three max deals will run you $42-48 mil. Butler alone likely doesn't leave you enough room for three, and when you add in Rose, Noah, the two rookies this year and another first rounder (plus you'd still have to renounce Tyrus), it's not a TOTAL lock that they'd have enough room for 2 max free agents depending on how the cap falls.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
The Score's Herb Lawrence just posted an NBA rumor involving Chris Bosh being sent to the Bulls for Hinrich, Thomas and a 1st rounder.

Doesn't make sense to me. Bosh is worth more than that.

The closer Bosh gets to free agency the less leverage the Raptors have. Im not saying that trade will happen and it is fair, but I wouldnt be surprised if something happened and Bosh is traded for less than his percieved worth

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
The Score's Herb Lawrence just posted an NBA rumor involving Chris Bosh being sent to the Bulls for Hinrich, Thomas and a 1st rounder.

Doesn't make sense to me. Bosh is worth more than that.

It makes sense if Bosh went into their front office and said I will not resign with you next year, and the only team(s) I will accept a trade to are the following... THat happens a lot in the NBA.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
That deal sounds WAY too good to be true, especially if they could extend Bosh. Getting rid of Hinrich's contract alone is probably worth it as long as the pick is lotto-protected for the next couple of years.

Like I said earlier, I am guessing if that is the package, Bosh has them backed into a corner, and this is their way of getting something for him.

That deal is not gonna happen. I'm sure the Raptors would ask for Noah before any of them anyways (and I would still do it even though I am a huge Noah fan) Hell they can have "Mr. I care about my own stats" Luol Deng as well if it means we are taking back a contract. But the Raptors, I believe, have won 8 of their last 9, not to mention they are currently the 5th seed. They might have alittle less "leverage," but they would still get alot more than that offer.

How many teams like Hinrich and Thomas?

Hinrich & Thomas for Boozer

Hinrich for Butler

Thomas for Harrington

Hinrich and Thomas for Bosh\

Anyway, if I could do that for Bosh I would, if I could extend him, since it could be used to try and lure Wade to town.

Maybe Gilbert isnt as crazy as he is stupid

http://deadspin.com/5442282/crittenton-coc...taking-the-fall

When Gilbert got suspended indefinitely with no word on any punishment for Javaris Crittenton, it raised a ton of questions. Now comes word that this "practical joke" might have been scarier than reported; and Arenas might be covering Crittenton's ass.

What we know (or think we know): there was a dispute over money owed from an airplane game of Boo-Ray. Crittenton owed $1,100 to JaVale McGee though he disputed the rules, and Arenas proceeded to tease him. This led to words, then threats. Two days later, Arenas brought four handguns to the locker room and laid them in front of Crittenton's locker with a note that said "pick one." Arenas said as recently as this weekend it was just a "playful gesture." His teammate apparently didn't think so.

Asking Arenas what he was doing, Arenas replied, "If you want to shoot me, I'd just thought I'd make it easy for you." As other teammates laughed, Crittenton crumpled up the paper, tossed one of Arenas's guns across the room, where it bounced in front of a team trainer, and said he didn't need any of Arenas's firearms because he had his own, according to the witness accounts.

Crittenton then drew his weapon, loaded it and chambered a round, the witnesses said.

Neither witness said the gun was ever pointed at Arenas, but both said Crittenton began singing as he held the gun.

Holy s***. Singing while loading a gun? That's a little too Falling Down. But there's more:

Two of the five people in the room that morning, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Arenas had originally not disclosed Crittenton's action to protect the little-used guard from prosecution and had told Crittenton he would assume full responsibility for the actions of both players that day.

Arenas is cooperating with federal prosecutors, and reportedly told them about Crittenton's role in a meeting on Monday. But Crittenton's gun hasn't been found, and a former U.S. attorney says it would be difficult to bring a case without a gun. Which isn't to say the Hand of Stern isn't going to come down just as hard — if not harder — on Crittenton.

Wizards' Arenas suspended indefinitely as new details emerge in gun incident

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 03:45 AM)
How many teams like Hinrich and Thomas?

Hinrich & Thomas for Boozer

Hinrich for Butler

Thomas for Harrington

Hinrich and Thomas for Bosh\

Anyway, if I could do that for Bosh I would, if I could extend him, since it could be used to try and lure Wade to town.

The reason those 2 keep getting talked about together is that their salaries together right now total about $15 million.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)
I'd get Bosh any way I possibly can and extend him in the off-season for as much money as we can afford.

This could very well be a sign and trade type of deal. There is zero chance the Bulls trade for Bosh unless an extension is involved.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 09:53 AM)
This could very well be a sign and trade type of deal. There is zero chance the Bulls trade for Bosh unless an extension is involved.

If I could move Hinrich's contract I'd do it without the immediate extension. I could use Bosh in a sign and trade over the summer as well that way and use that as another way to bring in a piece while at the same time easily being able to offer 1 Max deal and another reasonably large deal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
If I could move Hinrich's contract I'd do it without the immediate extension. I could use Bosh in a sign and trade over the summer as well that way and use that as another way to bring in a piece while at the same time easily being able to offer 1 Max deal and another reasonably large deal.

If Bosh and the other team were willing to cooperate...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
If Bosh and the other team were willing to cooperate...

You know as well as I do that in a lot of cases the other team is happy to cooperate because they get access to a player like Bosh without having to be fully under the cap. The team is basically trading his Bird rights. The only way that it doesn't work is if he jumps rapidly to a team that is already under the cap so far as to offer a Max deal. But...the team he's currently with can always offer more money than a team as a FA, so it's to his advantage to do the sign and trade route (That's probably a big part of the reason why Kobe isn't a Clipper, btw).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 06:27 AM)
Maybe Gilbert isnt as crazy as he is stupid

http://deadspin.com/5442282/crittenton-coc...taking-the-fall

Holy s***. Singing while loading a gun? That's a little too Falling Down. But there's more:

Wizards' Arenas suspended indefinitely as new details emerge in gun incident

Yeah, all I've been hearing that Arenas has been trying to take the heat off of Crittenton. No way they end up voiding his contract either. The player's union would never allow it.