Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 12:13 PM)
I don't think any of the 2010 Superstars are going to leave their teams, except for maybe Joe Johnson.

Bosh? Every, and I mean every report out of Toronto right now says that team is a disaster, including in the locker room.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
I don't think any of the 2010 Superstars are going to leave their teams, except for maybe Joe Johnson.

The Wade/LeBron group sounds like they are staying put. Once you get down to Johnson and Bosh, they sound like they are going to test the market.

Here is the big question. At the end of the day do you trust this group running the Bulls to be able to get at least one of these guys to come to Chicago? I don't think I do.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 12:17 PM)
The Wade/LeBron group sounds like they are staying put. Once you get down to Johnson and Bosh, they sound like they are going to test the market.

Here is the big question. At the end of the day do you trust this group running the Bulls to be able to get at least one of these guys to come to Chicago? I don't think I do.

Frankly, they've gambled their jobs on it more than KW has gambled his job on the DH spot. If they miss this offseason, there's no reason to keep anyone at the top around. They've been selling on 2010 cap space as a reason to not make moves for at least 2-3 seasons now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
I'd like Z, but that makes our backcourt really thin.

The Lakers will never ever trade Fisher. He signed with the Lakers so his doctor could be treated at the hospitals in the area. And ownership knows that and understands that. Therefor, he's off limits.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 09:13 AM)

Bosh will leave. He is the one guy that can make so much more in endorsements if he leaves and gets on a bigger named team. Wade/James don't really have much to gain by leaving.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
Bosh will leave. He is the one guy that can make so much more in endorsements if he leaves and gets on a bigger named team. Wade/James don't really have much to gain by leaving.

I could see them both leaving or at least testing the market depending on how well each team does in the playoffs. Lebron could go to NJ and have a better surrounding cast than what he does in Cleveland..

I honestly think the bulls will get Bosh.

Lebron and Wade should both stay with their current teams. I see no reason as to why they'd leave, they are HUGE were they are at. Thy'd lose some... dignity (?) IMO if they switch teams.

Bosh and Joe Johnson / Rudy Gay are the interesting ones.

If we can get Bosh + one of those we will be a top team next year fighting with cleveland. If we can just get Bosh, man, we'd be amazing.

You put Bosh + Noah + Rose on the same court and fill it out with some players (hopefully kirk, his defense is nice) then you really got a team.

I'd love Gay + bosh since i've always been a big fan of Gay, and let Luol walk (TRADE HIM!), that guy seems selfish from all the reports I've heard.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
I'd love Gay + bosh since i've always been a big fan of Gay, and let Luol walk (TRADE HIM!), that guy seems selfish from all the reports I've heard.

You're going to have a hell of a time convincing someone to give up an expiring contract for Deng entering this free agent class. A straight trade isn't going to happen considering Memphis is rumored to be too cheap to match a sizeable deal for Gay, who's quite a bit better than Deng.

I'm already prepared for this eventuality with the class of 2010:

-Lebron stays

-Wade stays

-Bosh signs with Miami because Wade is still a better player than Rose and Florida is warmer and has no income tax

-The Bulls end up throwing all of their cap space at someone like Stoudemire, Boozer or Johnson who makes their team better but still only gets them to the 4-6 range in the East. They lose in the first or second round for the next five years and continue to aggravate their fan base.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
It may depend on what teams due during the trading deadline, surely the bulls will be busy this trade deadline, eh?

If teams like Phoenix and Toronto are smart, they will try to get their stars to agree to trades, that way they can sign for the max's with new teams.

I just dunno... anything short of Bosh to me is failure. Bosh has been rumored to come here for so long now, he's been wanting out of Toronto, he's said he's wanted to play for the bulls (apparently), it makes so much sense for him to be the guy. You pair him with Rose and Noah and you got an actual contending team.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
I just dunno... anything short of Bosh to me is failure. Bosh has been rumored to come here for so long now, he's been wanting out of Toronto, he's said he's wanted to play for the bulls (apparently), it makes so much sense for him to be the guy. You pair him with Rose and Noah and you got an actual contending team.

I've learned since 1999 it's best to keep your hopes down when it comes to the Chicago Bulls.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
Well, looks like the need a PG. Hinrich is available! :)

Do we know if WSH is going to be able to void Arenas's 80 million dollar contract? I heard that they can only do so if he serves jail time during the season.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
Do we know if WSH is going to be able to void Arenas's 80 million dollar contract? I heard that they can only do so if he serves jail time during the season.

Unless they're out of their minds, they'll do everything they can to try.

Here's a good Sam Smith piece on what Kirk does to this team.

http://blogs.bulls.com/chicago_bulls_blog/...turnaround.html

Here's my FA predictions:

LeBron stays

Wade stays

Bosh goes to Bulls

Boozer to Miami

Stoudemire stays

Joe Johnson I think stays, but that one is iffy.

What I'd like to see:

LeBron to Clippers: Not only would ESPN crap themselves with joy, but the Clippers could be a #2 seed with LeBron. Heck their current roster (outside LeBron) is already a lot better than the Cavs, and the potential is there when Griffin gets out from the Clipper Curse. The Clippers would have to free up just a little bit more cap room.

Wade to the Bulls: Bulls would become a top 3 team (the others are Boston and Orlando)

Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer to the Nets: This one is assuming the Nets land John Wall, and I can see the Nets trading Harris for a good small forward somewhere.

Stoudemire to Knicks: Amare would go because of D'Antoni. I could see the Knicks being a 5-6 seed depending on if they can sign someone else (not a max) to go with Stoudemire

Bosh to Phoenix or Houston: I see Bosh going to Houston if they don't hold onto Landry and Hayes. Bosh is from Texas and that is an intimidating frontcourt.

Also liking this Thunder game so far.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Here's a good Sam Smith piece on what Kirk does to this team.

http://blogs.bulls.com/chicago_bulls_blog/...turnaround.html

LeBron to Clippers: Not only would ESPN crap themselves with joy, but the Clippers could be a #2 seed with LeBron. Heck their current roster (outside LeBron) is already a lot better than the Cavs, and the potential is there when Griffin gets out from the Clipper Curse. The Clippers would have to free up just a little bit more cap room.

I don't mean to bash, but LeBron isn't going to the Clippers. He knows better than that. 1. it's the Clippers. 2. He'd be in Kobe's shadow there.

I'm actually hearing the chances of Bosh staying in Toronto are better now than what they were before the start of the season.

People will be surprised, but Bosh actually likes the city of Toronto. He likes being "the guy" up there.

I think if he does leave though, it'll be for Miami not Chicago.

If the Bulls are going to land a major FA, my money's on Stoudemire not Bosh. Seems like PHX is going to trade him at the deadline, and the Bulls could probably put together a package around the likes of Thomas and Deng.

Another good win for the Bulls tonight BTW.