Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 09:39 AM)
Unless they're out of their minds, they'll do everything they can to try.

Yep although the players union will definitely fight that.

My money's on Arenas wearing a Magic uniform at the start of next season though, especially considering the state of Jameer Nelson's knee ATM.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 04:10 AM)
I'm actually hearing the chances of Bosh staying in Toronto are better now than what they were before the start of the season.

People will be surprised, but Bosh actually likes the city of Toronto. He likes being "the guy" up there.

I think if he does leave though, it'll be for Miami not Chicago.

Yep, and he has his best friend, J. Jack, playing with him.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
Exactly. Paying him to be your franchise savior has "bust" written all over it.

Somebody will give him max money. Probably the Knicks, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls made a run at him at all.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 12:16 AM)
I'll take Amare. You'd be foolish to make him the "man" however. I also wouldn't give him max money, I'm sure some team will though.

Posts like this really annoy me. Well, no... you WONT take Amare, because it is with 100% certainty that he gets a max deal. So you just made a completely contradictory post that was a waste of everyone's time.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 02:46 AM)
I'd take Stoudemire, in a deal that sent Phoenix Thomas and Deng (might need to throw in a first rounder). If there were enough cap space (and if I learned how the Bird Rule works) , then the Bulls could sign Rudy Gay for the SF role.

Not sure if that works money-wise, but it'd certainly be awesome. Rose/Hinrich/Gay/Stoudemire/Noah is sick.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
I'd take Stoudemire, in a deal that sent Phoenix Thomas and Deng (might need to throw in a first rounder). If there were enough cap space (and if I learned how the Bird Rule works) , then the Bulls could sign Rudy Gay for the SF role.

Pretty sure you'd need to get rid of either Hinrich or Salmons (probably the former) to make that work cap wise.

I think Gay would be a really good fit for NY FWIW. Although they seem to have something pretty good going in Memphis ATM also.

After hearing Stoudemire's lack of effort, and teammates criticizing him, I really dunno If im on the Amare-train...

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/artic...e.html#comments

Just doesn't seem like the player who desires to win... and all that I hear about him going for max contract.. bleh

The more I see about him the more I see he just doesn't single handedly dominate a game. I want bosh.

As nice as dwade / lebron would be, thinking more realistic, we need a center, a big guy, the 2 guys would be Amare vs. Bosh. All I ask for this offseason is Bosh! please please.

Reminds me a lot of the Shawn Marion situation there a couple of seasons ago actually.

I think they move Amare for sure by the deadline, if they can get some good assets in return.

Thomas and Deng would give them 2 forwards that could definitely help them (not sure if Deng fits in their system long - term though).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
Reminds me a lot of the Shawn Marion situation there a couple of seasons ago actually.

And you'll notice one constant for all the guys who leave Phoenix the last few years...once they go somewhere else, their numbers always go down. They go from being great to good, or from great to average.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 08:46 AM)
And you'll notice one constant for all the guys who leave Phoenix the last few years...once they go somewhere else, their numbers always go down. They go from being great to good, or from great to average.

Well except Joe Johnson...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 10:01 AM)
Well except Joe Johnson...

Johnson's a bit different because his scoring average when up when he left, but that's because his utilization also went up when he went to a team with fewer shooters. Look at his FG/3pt percentages the year before and year after he left. 46% to 45%, but 3 points dropped from 48% to 36%. (Not to mention the whole age/development thing on top of there). I will grant that he's an exception, but the leaving-phoenix effect still shows up in his #'s.