Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 12:32 AM)
Posts like this really annoy me. Well, no... you WONT take Amare, because it is with 100% certainty that he gets a max deal. So you just made a completely contradictory post that was a waste of everyone's time.

Actually I WILL take Amare, not just for a max deal. Sorry I wasted everyone's time. Honestly, stop acting like a b**** & keep it moving.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)

I like it.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
It's all over the web now... we can discuss this in the light of day. D-Rose is the first Bull selected to the all-star game since Michael Jordan.

I am, however, still unlikely to watch the game.

That's what DVR is for... that and the skills competition will be worth speeding through to see how D-Rose performs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
That's what DVR is for... that and the skills competition will be worth speeding through to see how D-Rose performs.

Let's hope D-Rose goes Patrick Kane in Dallas and hogties some Junior Ms. HonkyTonks.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 06:03 AM)
Pretty sure you'd need to get rid of either Hinrich or Salmons (probably the former) to make that work cap wise.

I think Gay would be a really good fit for NY FWIW. Although they seem to have something pretty good going in Memphis ATM also.

I'd try and unload Salmons for a pick to a team. If we can get a first rounder for Sefolosha, we could get something similar for Salmons.

Edit: Rose an all-star. I like.

Was holding onto slim hope for Noah too, but he can get Most Improved

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
I'd try and unload Salmons for a pick to a team. If we can get a first rounder for Sefolosha, we could get something similar for Salmons.

Edit: Rose an all-star. I like.

Was holding onto slim hope for Noah too, but he can get Most Improved

Salmons is earning a lot more. And I don't know if there's any team with that kind of cap space this year.

Such a huge win for us tonight, as we were terrible offensively for 3 quarters but were still able to pull it out.

But Vince Carter has to go, it's just not working out at all with him, and it's pretty telling when the guy doesn't play for pretty much all of the 4th Q.

He's only got 1 year left on his deal after this, so maybe we could dump him, but that's doubtful.

I wonder if the Nets would take him back. :D

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 01:37 AM)
MJ congratulates Rose on the All-Star nod.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=4867374

Sam Smith reads our minds and talks about Rudy Gay and Amar'e Stoudemire

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100125.html

My dream was always Bosh and Joe Johnson but if we somehow got Gay and Stoudemire this team definitely would have no problem scoring a bunch, but we might be as bad as the Suns were on defense.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
My dream was always Bosh and Joe Johnson but if we somehow got Gay and Stoudemire this team definitely would have no problem scoring a bunch, but we might be as bad as the Suns were on defense.

If the cap unexpectedly goes up and we can afford two maxes, I'd love Bosh and Wade/Johnson, but right now it seems like Gay/Stoudemire could be somewhat possible.

Also, having Kirk, Taj, and Noah around still would allow them to be better then Phoenix defense.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
If the cap unexpectedly goes up and we can afford two maxes, I'd love Bosh and Wade/Johnson, but right now it seems like Gay/Stoudemire could be somewhat possible.

Also, having Kirk, Taj, and Noah around still would allow them to be better then Phoenix defense.

So the Bulls would have enough money to be able to land both Gay/Stoudemire and keep Hinrich? How is that possible?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
So the Bulls would have enough money to be able to land both Gay/Stoudemire and keep Hinrich? How is that possible?

It wouldn't unless they trade Deng in one of the deals. Even at that, it leaves us as a terrible outside shooting squad. Bulls should trade Deng, I agree, for a Stoudemire or Bosh. Trade Hinrich for a decent SF or even sign TMac on the cheap for SF. Then plug in Joe Johnson at SG because of fit, not because he's better than Wade(cas he's not).

PG - Rose

SG - Johnson

SF - TMac

PF - Stoudemire

C - Noah

Of course, you have to let Tyrus go and you have to completely revamp your bench with good picks and cheap FA signings.