Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
So the Bulls would have enough money to be able to land both Gay/Stoudemire and keep Hinrich? How is that possible?

Trading Deng for Stoudemire, somehow dumping Salmons, and showing everyone one else how the Larry Bird Rule works.

Also, Brad Miller, you are awesome.

Deng, I don't like you, but you have been awesome tonight.

We have one 5 straight road games against good Western teams.

What.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 30, 2010 -> 02:45 AM)
ESPN just said something interesting.

The Bulls are the first team (in NBA history) to win 5 straight games against 5 winning opponents.

No s***? That has to be on the road. Even then it sounds off.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 30, 2010 -> 01:45 AM)

The Bulls are the first team (in NBA history) to win 5 straight games against 5 winning opponents.

Come on, you are telling me the 72-10 bulls didnt pull that off? Or any of the teams that cleared 60 wins? That seems kind of out there

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 30, 2010 -> 01:45 AM)

Wow, impressive. It took a little bit of luck at the end, but those are the things that happen when you are hot.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 30, 2010 -> 07:40 AM)
Come on, you are telling me the 72-10 bulls didnt pull that off? Or any of the teams that cleared 60 wins? That seems kind of out there

They probably didn't play 5 straight road games against teams with winning records. There is a catch, but its still quite an accomplishment. Too bad the Bullies played like crap against the easier portion of this trip. It could have been epic.

Edited by Dick Allen

The fact that the Bulls are playing so well right now just frustrates me even more. Because ultimately this is still a .500 team. As they have been the last few years. I'd rather suck ass and have a shot at John Wall than make the playoffs as a 7/8 seed and get swept by the Cavs or Celtics. And I still don't believe any marque FA will come here.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 01:29 AM)
The fact that the Bulls are playing so well right now just frustrates me even more. Because ultimately this is still a .500 team. As they have been the last few years. I'd rather suck ass and have a shot at John Wall than make the playoffs as a 7/8 seed and get swept by the Cavs or Celtics. And I still don't believe any marque FA will come here.

What would we do with John Wall? Sign-and-trade him to Toronto? Put him at Shooting Guard?

Even though Kirk is disliked, unless we're trading Rose, he's better for the team than Wall. He defends the tougher guard for Derrick and moves the ball. Wall would help if we trade Kirk somewhere for expiring contracts, Deng and Tyrus to Phoenix for Amar'e, and sign Gay. Then you can run a super SSOL offense, but my god that would be painful defense.

The only way I'd like to see Wall is a sign and trade for Bosh.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 02:56 AM)
What would we do with John Wall? Sign-and-trade him to Toronto? Put him at Shooting Guard?

Even though Kirk is disliked, unless we're trading Rose, he's better for the team than Wall. He defends the tougher guard for Derrick and moves the ball. Wall would help if we trade Kirk somewhere for expiring contracts, Deng and Tyrus to Phoenix for Amar'e, and sign Gay. Then you can run a super SSOL offense, but my god that would be painful defense.

The only way I'd like to see Wall is a sign and trade for Bosh.

I have no idea what we would do with Wall. But I'm a firm believer in that you ALWAYS take the best player available. I don't care about position.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 05:08 AM)
I have no idea what we would do with Wall. But I'm a firm believer in that you ALWAYS take the best player available. I don't care about position.

Just for perspective, Beasley was considered to be the better player and we needed a PF and had a good PG. It was the rarity of PG's like Rose that made them take Rose.

We have a PG like that now, so it'd be foolish to take him unless you can trade him for a star.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
Just for perspective, Beasley was considered to be the better player and we needed a PF and had a good PG. It was the rarity of PG's like Rose that made them take Rose.

We have a PG like that now, so it'd be foolish to take him unless you can trade him for a star.

Not sure that is true. I think Rose was considered the better player but since we had a PG and needed a PF some people argued we should have drafted for need.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
The way Wall can score, you could have them both on the floor at the same time.

Wall is really struggling in the half court offense in SEC play. His turnovers are still out of control. In no way could he play shooting guard with Rose at the point guard. Cousins would be the better fit for the Bulls actually.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 04:26 PM)
The way Wall can score, you could have them both on the floor at the same time.

The Super SSOL.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
Not sure that is true. I think Rose was considered the better player

but since we had a PG and needed a PF some people argued we should have drafted for need.

I heard the Oden/Durant argument. One would be better (Beasley and Durant) but the other could be a top player at premier position.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
The Super SSOL.

I heard the Oden/Durant argument. One would be better (Beasley and Durant) but the other could be a top player at premier position.

Nah, with Oden/Durant there was a real debate over it, I think Rose was actually more highly thought of than Beasley for the most part.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
Nah, with Oden/Durant there was a real debate over it, I think Rose was actually more highly thought of than Beasley for the most part.

Eh, I always heard until the draft itself that Beasley would be the better player.