Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 01:39 AM)
Cavs b****ing about Mo Williams missing out on the ASG ain't a shock, as they did the same thing last year.

Hopefully, they'll get what's coming to em come the playoffs.

Mike Brown b****es about everything. "I didn't know they changed the rule so you can foul LeBron" (earlier this year when Noah owned him).

Also, the Clippers are momentum killers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
How the Hell do you go 5-4 on that 9 game stretch...winning every hard game and losing every easy game, with all 5 wins bookended by the 4 horrid losses?

meet:

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
The Bulls play down to their competition. It's that simple.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
I know. It's just remarkable the extreme to which they're taking it.

They should've won tonight, they had that game. *shrugs* There's the 2010 off-season to look forward to right?

Edited by MHizzle85

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 4, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
For 7 games and a ton of OTs and an early exit, sure.

Frankly, I'd take that again from this team. That'd mean that they lost Ben Gordon, but did not actually get that much worse, which means that some of the guys they do have picked it up in his place. If the Bulls could then do a serious upgrade, like replacing TT with someone who won't be benched and Salmons with someone good, suddenly that's a contending team.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Feb 4, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
still don't understand Billups for Iverson after they had that long run of being VERY good in the East

After living in eastern Michigan for a few years, it was obvious that the Pistons made the trade just to make a trade. The GM got so fed up with losing in the playoffs that he wanted to break up the core to motivate them, obviously that didnt work too well in hindsight.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 4, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
After living in eastern Michigan for a few years, it was obvious that the Pistons made the trade just to make a trade. The GM got so fed up with losing in the playoffs that he wanted to break up the core to motivate them, obviously that didnt work too well in hindsight.

That logic will forever baffle me. Seriously.

Obviously if you're losing in the playoffs, you would want to acquire a big piece. Not a "I Must Start or Nothing" Allen Iverson/

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 5, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)

Obviously if you're losing in the playoffs, you would want to acquire a big piece. Not a "I Must Start or Nothing" Allen Iverson/

Billups was the heart and soul of that team also.

I mean yeah he was getting old, but so was Iverson, and for the style of basketball Detroit played, Billups was perfect in ther system.

Now it looks like they'll be stuck in mediocrity for quite a while.

Dumars should really be on the hot seat come the off-season.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 5, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)

But...that assumes that the 'Stons would be able to make a move for a piece like that.

Billups for Iverson made sense to me and still does. They cleared immediate cap space on a team that was at the time the #3-#4 team in the East and which was on a downhill path. Clearing cap space before they get stuck with an 8 seed that is very old and is paying the tax is a solid basketball move and its one that a lot of GM's wouldn't have the balls to make.

Blowing their cap space on Gordon and Villaneueva, with seemingly no thought to how that team was going to fit together, now that was the stupid part, and that's why they're in such a rough spot right now. They'd be better off if they'd have just held their cap space until mid-season here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 01:14 AM)
But...that assumes that the 'Stons would be able to make a move for a piece like that.

Billups for Iverson made sense to me and still does. They cleared immediate cap space on a team that was at the time the #3-#4 team in the East and which was on a downhill path. Clearing cap space before they get stuck with an 8 seed that is very old and is paying the tax is a solid basketball move and its one that a lot of GM's wouldn't have the balls to make.

Blowing their cap space on Gordon and Villaneueva, with seemingly no thought to how that team was going to fit together, now that was the stupid part, and that's why they're in such a rough spot right now. They'd be better off if they'd have just held their cap space until mid-season here.

The Gordon signing was the really baffling one considering they already have Stuckey, Rip Hamilton and Will Bynum at the guard spots.

I think they'll try very hard to dump either Hamilton or Prince at the deadline / off-seaso without much success also.