Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 5, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)
I think they'll try very hard to dump either Hamilton or Prince at the deadline / off-seaso without much success also.

If Dumars hadn't lost his mind, he'd have been trying to do that last offseason instead of blowing his cap space.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trade offer, would it be fair?

Heat trade:

Michael Beasley

Dorell Wright

Udonis Haslem

Quentin Richardson

1st round pick

Wizards trade:

Caron Butler

Antawn Jamison

Wizards get a ton of cap space open next year and a young guy in Beasley to build around. Heat get two good veterans to pair with Wade. Heat would still have enough cap space to go after Chris Bosh next year with Jermaine O'Neal's salary leaving the books.

PG: Chalmers, Alston

SG: Wade, Cook

SF: Butler, Jones

PF: Jamison, 1st round pick(Brackins?)

C: Bosh, Anthony

Think that might win some games :-).

I'd honestly just hang onto Beasley instead of bringing in Butler and Jamison.

If you could get Jamison by dealing those other guys though (although I've always liked Haslem as a glue guy), that's something I think the Heat should definitely look at.

Wolves beat the Mavericks in Dallas tonight, 117-108. Johnny Flynn had a pretty solid game, as did the rest of our starters and Kevin Love. I think this was the first time the Wolves have won in Dallas in five years (or something ridiculous), so that's pretty cool.

Derrick Rose made me jump like a little kid with that massive one handed dunk against the Hawks... too bad that was the only play and thing the Bulls did right the entire game. Man if anyone can make a freaking shot, Rose's assist numbers would be as high as Rondos.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)
Derrick Rose made me jump like a little kid with that massive one handed dunk against the Hawks... too bad that was the only play and thing the Bulls did right the entire game. Man if anyone can make a freaking shot, Rose's assist numbers would be as high as Rondos.

It's like they use a magnetized ball, and the rim was the same polarity.

Also, when you're tired, NBA Games begin to look like NBA Jam

A PG.. with a 40 inch vertical...

I gotta say I love how the ESPN analyst were pretty much ripping VDN for using a half court offense when you got a PG who is pretty much unguardable and your using him in a pick-n-roll (instead of isolation), pretty much double-teaming him and giving up the ball to the horrid shooters on our team.

Other thoughts from the loss: Man, I miss Joakim.

Also, the Bulls signed Chris Richard for 10 days as a stop gap. Since he's in town, anyone know if we could afford another minimum salary? Byars would be nice for 3 point shooting.

Edit: Wow, just checked BG's 3pt%. Salmons is worlds better than him this year.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 02:19 AM)
Other thoughts from the loss: Man, I miss Joakim.

Also, the Bulls signed Chris Richard for 10 days as a stop gap. Since he's in town, anyone know if we could afford another minimum salary? Byars would be nice for 3 point shooting.

Edit: Wow, just checked BG's 3pt%. Salmons is worlds better than him this year.

Only if we trade some people. Bulls don't have money unless they go in the luxury tax which they won't for Byars. They'll sign him once they are able to trade Hinrich, Salmons or both.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 01:53 AM)
I gotta say I love how the ESPN analyst were pretty much ripping VDN for using a half court offense when you got a PG who is pretty much unguardable and your using him in a pick-n-roll (instead of isolation), pretty much double-teaming him and giving up the ball to the horrid shooters on our team.

Stacey King routinely brings this up. Our tv broadcasters have better basketball minds than our headcoach.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
God I want to trade him. He's so me-first.

With how the team has "worked with him" during his career...I don't blame him one bit for being detrimental to the team. I'd be detrimental to the team too if the team would rather lose games than play me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 07:08 PM)
With how the team has "worked with him" during his career...I don't blame him one bit for being detrimental to the team. I'd be detrimental to the team too if the team would rather lose games than play me.

The problem has always seemed to be his work ethic. When 3 different coaches get sick of you, something is up.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
The problem has always seemed to be his work ethic. When 3 different coaches get sick of you, something is up.

I hear what you're saying. Problem is...in the NBA, if you want to be an effective coach, you can't just get sick of those type of players, you have to develop them. Want a great example? Look how Phil Jackson has taken Kobe Bryant from being a total crybaby in 2003-2004 to being an iceman today. Look how many talented guys have languished with crappy coaching and then snapped out of it when they got out of there. Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford come to mind as examples just from this year.

By the time the 3rd straight coach was responding to every situation, whether I was playing well or not, by benching me, I'd be pretty sick of it too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
I hear what you're saying. Problem is...in the NBA, if you want to be an effective coach, you can't just get sick of those type of players, you have to develop them. Want a great example? Look how Phil Jackson has taken Kobe Bryant from being a total crybaby in 2003-2004 to being an iceman today. Look how many talented guys have languished with crappy coaching and then snapped out of it when they got out of there. Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford come to mind as examples just from this year.

By the time the 3rd straight coach was responding to every situation, whether I was playing well or not, by benching me, I'd be pretty sick of it too.

Fair enough. I guess its possible to see the argument from both sides.

Also, that Richard dunk was exciting. I like the guy, with his Noah style hair and the fact that he was Noah's backup before, and if I remember right from the postseason, he hustles a lot.

Edit: Noah's suit does not disappoint.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)

Sorry but that Kobe comparison makes no sense...

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
If the Knicks offered a future 1st and the expiring contract of Duhon for TT, would you take that?

If I got no other (blockbuster) offers at the deadline, probably, but I'd rather Harrington (as was speculated earlier this year) as they'd need a forward and Duhon would be purely a bench player in what would be a recreation of our Guard Logjam from a few years ago that sent Duhon out.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 08:50 PM)
If the Knicks offered a future 1st and the expiring contract of Duhon for TT, would you take that?

Yeah, and not because of the players involved...because if we rescind the QO for TT we can't use him in a sign-and-trade to help match anything, but we'd be able to do that with Duhon under the Veteran's exemption/Bird Rights, if I know the rules right.