Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

Wolves beat Memphis tonight at home for their fourth straight win. We suck, sure, but at least we're being competitive and playing a fun style of ball. I really can't complain about this season, as it's basically what I expected.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
Lebron with 47 points, 8 boards, 8 dimes and 5 steals. This dude is so good it's really frightening. He's more of a lock to win MVP this year than he was last year. And that's saying A LOT.

he scored 24 straight points for the Cavs at one point, he was just buring 3s from 30 feet away

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 07:08 PM)
With how the team has "worked with him" during his career...I don't blame him one bit for being detrimental to the team. I'd be detrimental to the team too if the team would rather lose games than play me.

Amen to that. Hasn't had one 30+ minute season since he's been drafted. I'd rather trade him and let him shine elsewhere (if he does) and put up the "fantasy" numbers than rot here. As for that trade for Duhon Andy suggested, I'd do it in a second to bring Duhon back. I LOVE him as a true backup PG or Rose. That guy has very good court awareness, he's very good at managing the clock, not to mention finding guys. Anything that means Kirk's ass is out of here, I have no problem with. I would actually hope we can somehow sign Duhon next season (if he can't find a starting gig/on the cheap) to backup Rose if need be. Derrick can learn a bit from Duhon in running the point. (minus the occasional jacking three pointers)

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/140979634

Tyrus Thomas didn't attend the Bulls' 95-91 victory over the Heat on Saturday night at the United Center after drawing a one-game suspension and undisclosed fine for conduct detrimental to the team.

Team sources said Thomas directed a profanity-laced tirade at coach Vinny Del Negro with teammates and coaches present in the locker room after Friday night's loss in Atlanta, the third straight game Thomas had played less than 16 minutes.

One witness said it made Joakim Noah's vocal assault on then-assistant coach Ron Adams in 2008 look like "nothing.

Nevermind. I stopped seeing Tyrus' side of the argument.

I was for Noah's suspension because that is inexcusable.

If this we're another profession where someone wasn't being given the best opportunities by their boss, and they cussed them out, they'd be fired.

Edit: Sam Smith was present, so its more reliable.

But the abusive language I heard about was truly insulting, Even though the Bulls have disciplined the moody Thomas a few times in prior seasons, you cannot have any sort of team discipline if you ignore that kind of verbal attack. If other players see that accepted, how can you have credibility?

The Bulls suspended Thomas for one game, and Del Negro said he’d begin a clean slate from there. I believe him. Vinny doesn’t have an agenda and is trying to win games. But Vinny is just the third of Thomas’ three Bulls coaches who’ve had issues with Thomas. At that point it cannot be coincidence, nor the fault of the coaches, all of whom had different personalities and styles of dealing with players.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 04:29 AM)
Nevermind. I stopped seeing Tyrus' side of the argument.

I was for Noah's suspension because that is inexcusable.

If this we're another profession where someone wasn't being given the best opportunities by their boss, and they cussed them out, they'd be fired.

Honestly, how many here haven't wanted to unleash a profanity-laden rant at VDN several times in the past 1.5 years?

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
tyrus thomas never got minutes because he's basketball-retarded, along with the terrible attitude and work ethic...

You're 100% right. And also I think it's 100% accurate to also say that Tyrus Thomas never got over being basketball retarded with a terrible attitude/work ethic because the coaches preferred benching him to teaching him anything.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
Honestly, how many here haven't wanted to unleash a profanity-laden rant at VDN several times in the past 1.5 years?

It blows my freaking mind how much you back Tyrus Thomas up. It's disgusting. You will come up with any reason possible to defend him. Let's compare him to Kobe Bryant and blame ALL THREE coaches instead of the actual player for being a selfish piece of s*** with no talent. Jesus flippin Christ.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
You're 100% right. And also I think it's 100% accurate to also say that Tyrus Thomas never got over being basketball retarded with a terrible attitude/work ethic because the coaches preferred benching him to teaching him anything.

Oh my God. What don't you understand? You aren't GIVEN minutes because you can jump 45 inches of the ground. It doesn't work that way. He's lazy, he has no actual basketball skills, and he's selfish. I can't begin to count the number of times I've seen him get pissed off on the court because he didn't get the ball 20 feet from the basket, then jog his way around the court for the rest of the game. He's a terrible player, and he's selfish, and he doesn't work hard.

Trust me, I'd be quick to defend him if he loved the game and worked his ass off to get those minutes. But he doesn't. And if you're going to keep blaming it on the coaches, then you (and everyone else who backs Tyrus up) are blind, because we've seen it on THIS VERY TEAM that if you work hard, you play.

See: Noah, Joakim. It's called passion, it's called work ethic. And most of all, its called integrity.

GMAFB. Get Thomas out of my f***ing face.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
Too be fair our last 2 basketball coaches have been hacks that have no business in running a team. Skiles was a good coach but it also is easy to understand a player having a confrontation with him.

When three coaches don't like you, no matter what the issue is, there's a problem. Because no matter what, they've put the work in to get to the position that they have and they are your superiors. PERIOD. Tyrus doesn't seem to understand where his place on the totem pole is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)

Or after three coaches have benched him in three years, most likely, he is unteachable.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
You actually count VDN and Jim Boylan as 2 coaches? I think there's about 1/3 of a coach in there.

Come on Balta, VDN and Boylan both had plenty of assistants with Head coaching experience, and both of those guys make their decisions with consultation from their assistants. Thomas has displayed the same behavior consistently since he has been drafted, this isnt a case of 3 years of coaches unwilling to teach a player, this is a case of 3 years of a player unwilling to learn and elevate his own game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
Come on Balta, VDN and Boylan both had plenty of assistants with Head coaching experience, and both of those guys make their decisions with consultation from their assistants. Thomas has displayed the same behavior consistently since he has been drafted, this isnt a case of 3 years of coaches unwilling to teach a player, this is a case of 3 years of a player unwilling to learn and elevate his own game.

Let me say it in a different way. If the team is going to spend the equivalent of a #2 pick on a guy who is already known as being very raw, then it better damn well make figuring out how to develop him priority #1. I never got the feeling that they had it even in their top 5 priorities at any point.

IF they weren't going to, or couldn't develop him, then either the people who couldn't develop him should have been sacked, or the people who picked him should have been sacked.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Let me say it in a different way. If the team is going to spend the equivalent of a #2 pick on a guy who is already known as being very raw, then it better damn well make figuring out how to develop him priority #1. I never got the feeling that they had it even in their top 5 priorities at any point.

IF they weren't going to, or couldn't develop him, then either the people who couldn't develop him should have been sacked, or the people who picked him should have been sacked.

So how much time exactly do you waste on a guy that is a lost cause. You have three coaches and four years wasted so far. Taj is helping you win. Tyrus just needs to go away and grow up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
So how much time exactly do you waste on a guy that is a lost cause. You have three coaches and four years wasted so far. Taj is helping you win. Tyrus just needs to go away and grow up.

In the loss on Friday before he blew up, TT had 12 points and 6 rebounds in 15 minutes on the floor, and was benched down the stretch while the small lineup couldn't get a rebound ahead of Josh Smith while Taj was on the floor. Even when he's not sucking, they bench him anyway and lose games when they can't rebound. Bah. Just par for the course. I think they decided a long time ago that they'd rather lose games to try to alter his attitude than win with him on the court.

Such a terrible trade that turned out to be.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)

We're fans, we don't get paid by the organization.

I think the same is true about Ozzie. If someone like Tyrus cussed out Ozzie, he'd be in a grave under the court floor right now.

We'd all agree that Tyrus has the talent to be a top power forward in the league. Some say give him to an experienced coach, but would Phil or Sloan put up with him? God no. The only teams I can really see him succeeding with are teams like Golden State or the Knicks.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
We're fans, we don't get paid by the organization.

I think the same is true about Ozzie. If someone like Tyrus cussed out Ozzie, he'd be in a grave under the court floor right now.

We'd all agree that Tyrus has the talent to be a top power forward in the league. Some say give him to an experienced coach, but would Phil or Sloan put up with him? God no. The only teams I can really see him succeeding with are teams like Golden State or the Knicks.

He is an unmotivated Zach Randolph. He can't play a team game, and he thinks he should be the center of attention. He can't handle playing a role on a good team. The Clippers would be a great place for him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
He is an unmotivated Zach Randolph. He can't play a team game, and he thinks he should be the center of attention. He can't handle playing a role on a good team. The Clippers would be a great place for him.

The Clippers would be horrible. He'd play behind Griffin and Kaman, and they could actually become really good with a healthy, lived up to hype Griffin. I can't really see anyone other than the Knicks or Warriors.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
The Clippers would be horrible. He'd play behind Griffin and Kaman, and they could actually become really good with a healthy, lived up to hype Griffin. I can't really see anyone other than the Knicks or Warriors.

After the moves they made last offseason, I think he'd fit in Detroit too. But that team's a mess anyway.