Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 07:43 PM)
It was strange that they were already talking about the All-Star weekend in the past tense. I wonder if they know he is out already?

I'd like to see him play, but I'd sit him if there's any doubt. Having the best player on my team get better means more to me than watching him defend a skills title or play in the all-star game.

The ASB is really coming at a good time for the Celtics, lost again to the Hornets tonight.

If they don't pick things up, I could actually see them dropping out of the top 4 in the East, and the Raptors passing them.

Orlando vs. Cleveland should be a fun game to watch tomorrow.

Noah was bad enough losing, but Rose and the Bulls still can give any top teams fits. Game would have been alot closer if Rose didn't get hurt. Hopefully it isn't serious or lingering or else as Mike said... we might as well look to the lottery and/or pray a top tier FA sees something he likes here. You can see how much the Bulls suck w/o him.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 10:48 PM)
Orlando vs. Cleveland should be a fun game to watch tomorrow.

That is very good test for you guys. Also nice to win in a blowout to rest the big boys to face IMO, the best team in the league. (especially with Kobe hurt for the Lakers)

Edited by SoxAce

After the Chicago Bulls suspended forward Tyrus Thomas(notes) for losing his temper with coach Vinny Del Negro, an interesting thing happened: More teams started calling the franchise’s front office wanting to talk about a trade.

Everyone understood Chicago executives are now determined to move Thomas, and a clear price has been established for suitors: Expiring contracts and a 2010 or future first-round draft pick, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. The Bulls are also exploring ways to package Thomas with guard Kirk Hinrich to free themselves of his contract.

The Charlotte Bobcats bid Acie Law, Flip Murray and their 2010 first-round pick, a league executive said. The Bobcats have been searching for a long, athletic forward like Thomas, the fourth pick in the 2007 draft, and are expected to be aggressive pursuers. Portland Trail Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard made an offer they’ll have to improve upon to be taken seriously – one of his expiring contracts (Steve Blake or Travis Outlaw) and two future second-round draft picks.

The New York Knicks, Sacramento Kings, San Antonio Spurs, Denver Nuggets and New Orleans Hornets are among the multiple teams who’ve spoken to Chicago about Thomas. The Bulls are telling people that they have several teams willing to offer first-round picks – in 2010 or beyond.

Bulls management is telling teams they expect to take the bidding right to the Feb. 18 deadline. The Bulls want to avoid the possibility of Thomas accepting a $6.2 million qualifying offer on the eve of this summer’s free agency, which would deliver a major dent to their salary-cap space. Thomas, 23, will be a restricted free agent this summer.

The Bulls are desperate to recruit Miami’s Dwyane Wade back to his hometown, but one source familiar with Wade’s thinking says he’s ”far less” inclined to bolt Miami unless Chicago has the ability to sign a ”significant” free agent to join him.

This is fantastic news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-t...o&type=lgns

I'd really like them to hold onto Kirk, and trade Salmons instead. Otherwise, Pargo is your backup PG. And with the Rose uncertainty now, that's not good.

Also, if Wade needs another bigtime FA to join him, then you're gonna have to go and get Bosh instead, and I'd rather have Kirk at SG than Salmons.

Of the teams mentioned, I'd ask the Knicks and Kings, as you could luck into the #1 (and do a trade in the offseason or a sign-and-trade) or get something like Aldrich if it isn't a high pick.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 04:01 AM)
I'd really like them to hold onto Kirk, and trade Salmons instead. Otherwise, Pargo is your backup PG. And with the Rose uncertainty now, that's not good.

Also, if Wade needs another bigtime FA to join him, then you're gonna have to go and get Bosh instead, and I'd rather have Kirk at SG than Salmons.

Of the teams mentioned, I'd ask the Knicks and Kings, as you could luck into the #1 (and do a trade in the offseason or a sign-and-trade) or get something like Aldrich if it isn't a high pick.

Not if another PG comes back to the Bulls. Im pretty sure the Bulls dont want Pargo as the backup PG, since Pargo fancies himself as a SG

The Bulls could get Anthony Johnson from the Magic for a future 2nd round pick if they needed another PG.

The only deal I could see Hinrich moving in is one for Ray Allen.

I think the Bulls are pretty much stuck with Salmons also, but I know they've offered him in exchange for J.J Redick also (since Redick's deal expires at the end of the season, while Salmons is a lock to exercise his player option in the off-season).

If the Bulls need backups, they'll also be in a position next offseason to spend the MLE dollars on grabbing those. Or they could do sign+trade deals involving Miller or others.

How sweet would it be if the Bulls were able to move TT, Salmons, and Hinrich, without taking on cap space next year? That'd be 2 full max deals they could legitimately offer even if the cap plummets, in addition to having the MLE, sign and trade options, Rose, Noah, and Deng.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 01:20 AM)

I take everything yahoo says with a grain of salt.

I never feel they have credible sources when they post those rumor articles.

Hopefully we can get Wade and another all star player.

First priority is to trade Thomas.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 06:09 AM)
The Bulls could get Anthony Johnson from the Magic for a future 2nd round pick if they needed another PG.

The only deal I could see Hinrich moving in is one for Ray Allen.

I think the Bulls are pretty much stuck with Salmons also, but I know they've offered him in exchange for J.J Redick also (since Redick's deal expires at the end of the season, while Salmons is a lock to exercise his player option in the off-season).

Reddick would be a good fit on the Bulls and could turn into a nice bench piece (they could use a shooter and JJ's actually been better than expected).

I'm pretty excited about the possibilities the Bulls have. Who knows if they pull it off, but my goal is they sign two guys (at least one of them being Bosh/Wade/Lebron) and hire Karl as there coach.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
Reddick would be a good fit on the Bulls and could turn into a nice bench piece (they could use a shooter and JJ's actually been better than expected).

I'm pretty excited about the possibilities the Bulls have. Who knows if they pull it off, but my goal is they sign two guys (at least one of them being Bosh/Wade/Lebron) and hire Karl as there coach.

I never thought I would agree with a statement like this, but it is true. JJ could play the role that Pargo was supposed to play.

From the article linked above.

"McGrady is the center of discussions among the Rockets, Washington Wizards and New York Knicks in a three-team trade scenario. As part of a larger package, the moving pieces would send New York’s Al Harrington(notes) to Washington and Washington’s Caron Butler(notes) and Brendan Haywood(notes) to Houston."

:o , Washington would be adding 27 points, 17 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 2.4 blocks, and 2 steals a game for McGrady's expiring contract. Not half bad.

Good news on Rose, Per Rotoworld:

The MRI on Derrick Rose's hip showed no significant damage and he's going to make the trip to Dallas for All-Star weekend.

Rose will be re-evaluated on Saturday, so owners are not out of the woods yet. But the X-rays were negative and the fact that the Bulls are letting him go to Dallas is a great sign. We're tentatively expecting Rose to play when come out of the break on Tuesday. Feb. 11 - 1:15 pm et

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
From the article linked above.

"McGrady is the center of discussions among the Rockets, Washington Wizards and New York Knicks in a three-team trade scenario. As part of a larger package, the moving pieces would send New York’s Al Harrington(notes) to Washington and Washington’s Caron Butler(notes) and Brendan Haywood(notes) to Houston."

:o , Washington would be adding 27 points, 17 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 2.4 blocks, and 2 steals a game for McGrady's expiring contract. Not half bad.

Sure, for the six or seven games Tracy plays before getting hurt again... That is a great deal for Houston.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 04:01 AM)

Bulls would not be able to sign a max FA if they kept Hinrich. It's that clear. So he must go. In fact, for the Bulls to have the ability to sign two max FA's. They would have to trade Hinrich, Salmons(unless he decides not opt back in) and Luol Deng or else they wouldn't have enough money to field a complete team. Even with that, the Bulls would be in cap hell once Noah's and Rose's extensions are due. I honestly don't know how they're going to do it, especially considering they have owners who don't like to pay tax.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 08:12 AM)
If the Bulls need backups, they'll also be in a position next offseason to spend the MLE dollars on grabbing those. Or they could do sign+trade deals involving Miller or others.

How sweet would it be if the Bulls were able to move TT, Salmons, and Hinrich, without taking on cap space next year? That'd be 2 full max deals they could legitimately offer even if the cap plummets, in addition to having the MLE, sign and trade options, Rose, Noah, and Deng.

Not possible considering the cap holds/draft picks they have to pay. Again, unless JR goes into the tax, I don't see this plan working at all. Even if the Bulls decides to trade Deng, which there has been whispers that they would be willing to, you have to find a team that would be willing to pay him his 14 million towards the end of his contract. If contracts get smaller as well as the cap, Deng even playing at his current level, would be considered a horrendous contract.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)
Bulls would not be able to sign a max FA if they kept Hinrich. It's that clear. So he must go. In fact, for the Bulls to have the ability to sign two max FA's. They would have to trade Hinrich, Salmons(unless he decides not opt back in) and Luol Deng or else they wouldn't have enough money to field a complete team. Even with that, the Bulls would be in cap hell once Noah's and Rose's extensions are due. I honestly don't know how they're going to do it, especially considering they have owners who don't like to pay tax.

Wait, I always thought if they traded Salmons, it would give enough room to squeak under the cap...?