Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
What makes you so sure the Lakers are coming out of the west? My money is on the Nuggets.

I like their team, but it depends if Kobe is healthy come playoff time. If he's still nicked up, The Lakers will have a much tougher road in the playoffs. If he's healthy, I can't see any team stopping them. (same as Odom getting healthy and Bynum is still banged up a bit) Carmelo and Billips have been damn good all season so the Nuggets can surprise. If theres any team who I like alot that can upset the Lakers, it is the Nuggets (who always play LA tough) or... OKC with their youth and athleticism. (though they still might be a year or two away)

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
Lawrence Holmes was talking last night about a Tyrus and Hinrich for Ray Allen deal....just speculation.

I heard Kirk for Allen last week. Would be a good deal for both this year and a salary dump.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
BTW, apparently, Butler/Jamison to Celtics for Allen, Scalibrine and JR Giddens is being talked about.

That's fan suicide for the Wizards. First Arenas, now Jamison and Butler? Prepare for 10 years of empty arenas and high lottery picks.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
That's fan suicide for the Wizards. First Arenas, now Jamison and Butler? Prepare for 10 years of empty arenas and high lottery picks.

Well, they want to completely rebuild. Jamison is old. Butler is in his prime. Arenas will be gone if they're able to void his contract or trade him.

Stein had a conflicting report though which states Haywood and Butler going to WAS for Howard, Gooden and some throw in with Dallas.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
Bulls reviving Tyrus for Al Harrington per KC Johnson

Anyway, just a thought, if the Bulls trade Deng for just expirings, would the superstar FA's think the Bulls have enough with themselves +Noah + Rose?

Hmm, isn't Harrington a good 3pt shooter?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
Theoritically, they would sign and trade Noah once he gets expensive to make room for Omer Asik. The Bulls, apparently, are really high on him. I personally haven't seen him play, but the Bulls love him.

Theoretically, I'd see them using the Bird Rule to keep Noah. Asik looks good on YouTube, kinda like a European Tyrus.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
If the Bulls can get 2 max fa's to work, keep Deng/Noah/Rose....they will most certainly be willing to pay the luxury tax. No f***ing doubt about it. That team would contend and I believe win multiple titles.

If you have Rose-Wade-Deng-Bosh-Noah, you could steamroll any team in the league.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
Hmm, isn't Harrington a good 3pt shooter?

Theoretically, I'd see them using the Bird Rule to keep Noah. Asik looks good on YouTube, kinda like a European Tyrus.

If you have Rose-Wade-Deng-Bosh-Noah, you could steamroll any team in the league.

I personally disagree with the lineup being able to steamroll any team in the league simply because there is no outside shooting present on that squad. Oh yeah, I think it's more likely Bosh stays. He stated he loves being the man and he's giving indication that he wants to be the building block in Toronto.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 13, 2010 -> 06:55 AM)
Apparently, three teams have trades in place for Amare Stoudemire. The Bulls are one of them per Ric Bucher. I'm guessing another is Miami. I wonder who would be the third team.

Apparently it's Cleveland.

Szcerbiak's deal, Big Z and J.J Hickson being rumored.

I'd actually be for this as a Magic fan, because I don't think that Amare and Shaq can play well together, as there's a bit of bad blood b/w them from their days in PHX, and I think the Cavs would be worse defensively with Amare.

If I'm PHX, I go with the Beasley deal from Miami for sure though.

Probably Boston or Cleveland if he's moved.

Boston being rumored to offer a deal revolving around Allen, but they'd have a serious hole at the 2 guard spot unless Pierce moved over.

Cleveland are in on either Jamison, Murphy or Stoudemire. I think they'll probably make a move bf the dead-line and try to get LeBron locked up before the off-season.