Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
Nice 43/13/15 for LBJ

LeBron is going to be the ultimate prize this summer obviously, but if the Cavs don't win the NBA Title this year, I think it's only fair if the choker word is thrown out there in regards to the King. There is going to be a lot of pressure on him this spring.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
LeBron is going to be the ultimate prize this summer obviously, but if the Cavs don't win the NBA Title this year, I think it's only fair if the choker word is thrown out there in regards to the King. There is going to be a lot of pressure on him this spring.

When you look at the talent around Kobe compared to LeBron, I just don't see how anyone can question LeBron if he doesn't win it all. Kobe has 3-4 all-stars around him on the roster. LeBron has a borderline all-star in Maurice Williams and an over the hill Shaq, mixed in with a lot of role players. LeBron truly makes his teammates better like MJ did, Kobe just rides the talent along.

LeBron is the only guy I can imagine right now that might end up being the GOAT.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
When you look at the talent around Kobe compared to LeBron, I just don't see how anyone can question LeBron if he doesn't win it all. Kobe has 3-4 all-stars around him on the roster. LeBron has a borderline all-star in Maurice Williams and an over the hill Shaq, mixed in with a lot of role players. LeBron truly makes his teammates better like MJ did, Kobe just rides the talent along.

LeBron is the only guy I can imagine right now that might end up being the GOAT.

Oh i'm not comparing LeBron to Kobe or MJ to Kobe or LeBron to MJ or anything like that. But this is LeBron's 7th year in the league, he's clearly the most valuable, productive, and talented player in the NBA, but he still lacks a ring. If they don't win this year, serious questions need to be raised. You certainly aren't wrong to say LeBron has some sketchy talent around him though, which is why I'd wonder if he'll leave Cleveland if the playoffs don't go well. Then again, with the exception of the Bulls and Clippers, it seems like everybody that can sign the King had to completely gut their roster in order to make it work salarywise, so it's an interesting situation.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)

Choker? Really?? Have you seen the supporting cast he has had around him? In 2007, he put a bad team on his back and carried them to the Finals. In 08, they ran into a team with 3 of the best players of the last 15 years. Last year, they did get surprised by Orlando, but how can he be labeled a choker already? It took Jordan 6 or 7 years & Scottie Pippen to win a title, Kobe had Shaq to win when he was young, come on.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
Choker? Really?? Have you seen the supporting cast he has had around him? In 2007, he put a bad team on his back and carried them to the Finals. In 08, they ran into a team with 3 of the best players of the last 15 years. Last year, they did get surprised by Orlando, but how can he be labeled a choker already? It took Jordan 6 or 7 years & Scottie Pippen to win a title, Kobe had Shaq to win when he was young, come on.

The road to the NBA Finals was paved for him in 2007 in having to face two even .500 teams and a Detroit team getting towards the end of their run. The Cavs even got the break of the mighty Mavs choking out of the playoffs in the 1st round and the Suns being screwed out of the NBA Finals by David Stern that year, yet were swept out of the NBA Finals anyways (it was the Spurs, but that Spurs team wasn't unbeatable by any means at all). LeBron may not have much help, but when you have 7 NBA seasons and 0 NBA Finals wins (not only series wins, but game wins) under your belt, it's hard to take potential greatest of all time talk around such a player seriously. I know it took MJ 7 years to win a title, which is why I think it's perfectly fair LeBron hasn't really taken much heat for his playoff resume so far. But it's getting towards time for him to win one, which is why it will be VERY interesting to see what he does this summer if the Cavs don't win the whole thing.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Boozer would be the low post scorer that the Bulls have been crying out for in the last 5-10 years however.

After today's deals, I think Amare definitely ends up in either New York or Miami, Bosh stays with Toronto or goes to Miami to join Wade who sticks around there and the Bulls end up with Joe Johnson.

The TT deal, well the Bulls ended up getting what they could for him. Talent wise, TT could make that deal look very bad in the future if he ever reaches his potential, but I don't really see him lasting in Charlotte especially under Larry Brown when he's had run-in's with 3 coaches already. Gerald Wallace is the perfect guy for him to learn off though.

Nice to see the Cavs finally lose, hoping the Lakers can come back in the 2nd half here also.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:06 AM)
Boozer would be the low post scorer that the Bulls have been crying out for in the last 5-10 years however.

After today's deals, I think Amare definitely ends up in either New York or Miami, Bosh stays with Toronto or goes to Miami to join Wade who sticks around there and the Bulls end up with Joe Johnson.

The TT deal, well the Bulls ended up getting what they could for him. Talent wise, TT could make that deal look very bad in the future if he ever reaches his potential, but I don't really see him lasting in Charlotte especially under Larry Brown when he's had run-in's with 3 coaches already. Gerald Wallace is the perfect guy for him to learn off though.

Nice to see the Cavs finally lose, hoping the Lakers can come back in the 2nd half here also.

I wouldn't be heartbroken at all if the Bulls end up with Joe Johnson instead of Wade, I don't trust Wade's long term health prognosis. I'm not a huge Boozer fan, but Rose/Johnson/Deng/Boozer/Noah still sounds awfully good. I think Bosh is most likely to join Wade in Miami as well, and I guess with that in mind, Amar'e ends up in New York. Not sure what they'll do with their 2nd full boat contract they have available since LeBron definitely isn't going there.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
I think that Boozer is overrated.

He's been out with injuries quite a bit in the last two years and Milsap hasn't missed a beat. Deron Williams can make a lot of big guys look good.

Boozer is somewhat overrated. I'm sort of angry the Jazz couldn't reach a deal with the Heat or another team because Milsap puts up the same numbers when Boozer is out which is roughly 18 points and 10 rebounds a game. And Boozer can't consistantly stay healthy. Since he's been with the Jazz he's missed:

04-05 31 games

05-06 49 games

06-07 7 games

07-08 1 game

08-09 45 games

09-10 3 games thus far

Last year the Jazz were playing decently well until Boozer came back from injury. Coming back from injury really messed up the chemistry of the team. I'm guessing Utah wanted draft picks if they were going to get rid of Boozer.

Interestingly enough, I just read an article saying the Heat wanted to get a 3 way deal sending Amare Stoudemire to Miami, Boozer to Phoenix, and draft picks and expiring contracts to Utah.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
I wouldn't be heartbroken at all if the Bulls end up with Joe Johnson instead of Wade, I don't trust Wade's long term health prognosis. I'm not a huge Boozer fan, but Rose/Johnson/Deng/Boozer/Noah still sounds awfully good. I think Bosh is most likely to join Wade in Miami as well, and I guess with that in mind, Amar'e ends up in New York. Not sure what they'll do with their 2nd full boat contract they have available since LeBron definitely isn't going there.

I'd say they'd go after Rudy Gay, but then they've got Gallinari at the SF spot already.

I think they end up with Stoudemire, and end up re-signing David Lee at about 10M per season.

Wade's going to make money sticking with Miami than he will moving to Chicago also (with the max contract that Miami can offer IIRC, and then with the no state income tax that Florida has which makes Orlando and Miami very attractive FA spots).

BTW people talk about how bad the Pau Gasol deal was for Memphis a few seasons ago, well I think Wasington did even worse with the Antwan Jamison trade. At least the Grizzlies ended up with Marc Gasol out of the deal (who's a pretty decent center nowadays).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
Ya think?

I guess I didn't put that they way I wanted to. I think thats the way the Bulls should look to go once FA starts up. A lot of people are going to be going crazy about LBJ and I find it highly unlikely that he will be leaving Cleveland.

Warrick had a decent first game, should be a solid bench contributor the rest of the way. Tyrus had a big rebounding/blocked shot effort in a win against Cleveland debuting as a Bobcat, but that's no surprise. When he actually gives a crap, he can contribute. Not at the level of a top 3 pick, but he can contribute nonetheless. Good luck to Charlotte getting him to do that long term though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101