Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 01:34 AM)
Tyrus numbers.. 9 points 12 rebounds 6 blocks

Salmons numbers: 19 points 1 rebound (33 minutes)

Warrick and Murray were solid. Hopefully we see an Alexander & Law sighting tomorrow. (more than likely IF the Bulls blow out the 76ers)

I was a fan of Alexander and Law in college, not sure what has happened in the NBA to them. Salmons hit a big shot in that game, but I think he was 6 for 17 from the field (sounds about right for him). The Bulls have a really soft schedule right now, doing a good job taking advantage of it so far, and need to continue with that trend.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 12:38 AM)
I was a fan of Alexander and Law in college, not sure what has happened in the NBA to them. Salmons hit a big shot in that game, but I think he was 6 for 17 from the field (sounds about right for him). The Bulls have a really soft schedule right now, doing a good job taking advantage of it so far, and need to continue with that trend.

I really liked Alexander coming out of college, and I think he's just been screwed over by playing time and injuries, kinda like our old buddy Tyrus.

I love seeing Derrick Rose with 8 rebounds. That guy should be averaging 7-8 rebounds a game. He's too strong and too athletic to just back away from rebounding the ball (especially if Kirk has been in there having some nice rebounding nights) Just sucks to see Rose only averaging 5 assist cause his teammates suck at hitting open shots when he passes them the ball or they fake the shot and try to drive/pass and do too much. Scary to think Rose could be averaging 20-7-8 right now if he had better shooters/teammates, not to mention Derrick himself being more assertive rebounding the ball.

Luol Deng is still selfish BTW. As Noah said earlier this season.. he only cares about his stats (more-so ppg and rpg) than passing the ball to the open man and playing unselfish/being smarter to win.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 01:57 AM)
I really liked Alexander coming out of college, and I think he's just been screwed over by playing time and injuries, kinda like our old buddy Tyrus.

Our old buddy Tyrus has moreso been screwed by inability to play defense and inability to develop offensively. He'll block a shot for every 2 he goaltends though and grab a ton of rebounds if given minutes, so he has some positive attributes.

As for Deng being selfish....that is true. But he's putting up near career numbers, which is about the best we can expect from him. He's going to be overpaid at long as he's here and selfish as well, but at least he's contributing.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 01:25 AM)
As for Deng being selfish....that is true. But he's putting up near career numbers, which is about the best we can expect from him. He's going to be overpaid at long as he's here and selfish as well, but at least he's contributing.

But what happens if they land Bosh and Deng is still selfish? I remember how he apparently didn't like Rose being in the spotlight, how would he accept Rose, Noah, and Bosh all ahead of him?

I'd trade Deng in the offseason for another a pick and sign Manu if he's willing to take something under $10M. Then you'd have money to strengthen the bench.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
But what happens if they land Bosh and Deng is still selfish? I remember how he apparently didn't like Rose being in the spotlight, how would he accept Rose, Noah, and Bosh all ahead of him?

I'd trade Deng in the offseason for another a pick and sign Manu if he's willing to take something under $10M. Then you'd have money to strengthen the bench.

If they can trade Deng in the offseason, hopefully they can use the extra dough for two max contracts. I would think much bigger than Manu if they were able to land Bosh

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
If they can trade Deng in the offseason, hopefully they can use the extra dough for two max contracts. I would think much bigger than Manu if they were able to land Bosh

They wouldn't be able to afford 2 max contracts anyway. They have $20M in cap right now, and trading Deng makes it $30. They'd have to trade Hinrich, Noah, or Rose to clear up enough space for another max, and do that and you have a hole.

You know what? If I could, I'd trade Deng to the Kings for Nocioni and a second round pick swap. Then I'd use the Bulls 2 picks to draft Xavier Henry (if he falls to them) and Greivis Vasquez in the second round. Resign Miller (he'd kind of a be like to Noah/Asik/Gibson as Hunter is to Rose) if his knees hold up, and resign Warrick since it seems like he'll be a good fit. A roster of:

PG - Rose, Vasquez

SG - Hinrich, Henry

SF - Nocioni, Johnson

PF - Bosh, Gibson, Warrick

C - Noah, Asik, Miller

Would actually have a serviceable bench, and who knows, maybe Johnson surprises us. I'd still prefer trading Deng for a low 1st rounder/high 2nd rounder and just signing Manu, but I'm unsure of how trading for draft picks works (since you know, the contracts would be uneven).

Edit: I am liking me some Hakim Warrick right now.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 06:17 PM)
You know what? If I could, I'd trade Deng to the Kings for Nocioni and a second round pick swap. Then I'd use the Bulls 2 picks to draft Xavier Henry (if he falls to them) and Greivis Vasquez in the second round. Resign Miller (he'd kind of a be like to Noah/Asik/Gibson as Hunter is to Rose) if his knees hold up, and resign Warrick since it seems like he'll be a good fit.

That's a terrible idea, Nocioni is basically Deng with a third of the talent. He's also one of the few players in the league more overpaid than Deng, giving him over $6.5 mil to put up MAYBE 12-6 for the next two and a half years is a huge waste of money. At least Deng is a solid third scorer on a good team, Nocioni can't even start for the Kings for christ's sake. They're going to need someone to be a legit offensive threat besides Rose and the FA, otherwise you're only marginally better than you are now. 16+ PPG scorers aren't common enough to be just given away unless you know you can find a reasonable replacement/upgrade in the exchange.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
That's a terrible idea, Nocioni is basically Deng with a third of the talent. He's also one of the few players in the league more overpaid than Deng, giving him over $6.5 mil to put up MAYBE 12-6 for the next two and a half years is a huge waste of money. At least Deng is a solid third scorer on a good team, Nocioni can't even start for the Kings for christ's sake. They're going to need someone to be a legit offensive threat besides Rose and the FA, otherwise you're only marginally better than you are now. 16+ PPG scorers aren't terribly common to be just given away unless you know you can find a reasonable replacement/upgrade in the exchange.

For what it's worth, I'd rather get Manu if he doesn't command a high price. Plus, Deng would need to get moved eventually since his contract keeps growing while Noah and Rose will be due for paydays.

Sacramento already have a lot of talented young wing players, they have no need for Deng, what they need is an upgrade at PG.

The only team I could possibly see the Bulls dumping Deng's contract on is the Clippers, but the Bulls aren't a team that just dumps contracts unless you're a headcase like TT was.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
For what it's worth, I'd rather get Manu if he doesn't command a high price. Plus, Deng would need to get moved eventually since his contract keeps growing while Noah and Rose will be due for paydays.

Signing Manu for any real money at this point isn't exactly any better, his scoring average has plummeted the last two years (down to 13.7) and he's getting up there in years. Not exactly the ideal running mate for Rose given he's on the wrong side of his career arc.

Deng doesn't "have" to get moved for quite some time, they're nowhere near the current projected luxury tax. Noah isn't due for an extension until 2011/2012, Rose until 2012/2013. We'll be under a new CBA that will likely have lower contract values by then, and Hinrich will be off the books after 2011/2012. Even if they're pushing the tax those two years, Deng expires in 2014 and he has more value for cap purposes as his contract length reduces.

It's one thing to move Deng if you're using the money to add someone like Joe Johnson that's a big upgrade or to add someone comparable that is a better fit (ie a better outside shooter), it's quite another just to deal him to save some money without adequetely replacing the scoring. Depending on guys like Salmons and Hinrich to be their 3rd/4th scorer is why they're pretty mediocre right now.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Love the new Bulls and finally good to see Law gettin some minutes (as well as JJ). Didn't like VDN keeping Gibson out there with Alexander on the bench. Usually I wouldn't care since he's a rookie, but not when your playing with plantar fasciitis.

BTW, poor Noah. I know he took a ripping for missing an open dunk. :lol: Sucks to see his stats plummet (like Rose's did when he left against ORL) as well only playing 5 minutes, though I know he only cares bout winning so it's all good.

Edited by SoxAce

The Bulls are winning games they should win now, something they weren't doing before. The last 4 wins have been against teams a combined 75 games below .500. They have 3 more home games than road games left on their schedule, so the playoffs should be a relative lock. The new guys seem to fit in pretty well, but let's face it, they played Minnesota, 30 games under .500 and Philadelphia, 13 below at home. They probably look a little better than they really are.

It will all come down to July 1. I just hope the Knicks don't win the lottery. I think its the only way Lebron goes there and probably takes someone with him.

Edited by Dick Allen