Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SockMe @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
Dwight still has 16 good years left in him and hes already played 7. He'll be right up there as one of the best.

16 good years left, huh? Ten years from now, he'll be 34 and barring injuries, he will have played 15 full NBA seasons, not to mention countless playoff series, and possible Olympics/WCs. How well do you think his body/knees will hold up after all that basketball. Kevin Garnett came in the NBA at the same age as Howard, and 15 years later at 34, look how his body is starting to fall apart.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 12:49 AM)
"Domination" does not equal greatness alone. Anyone can bully their way into a dunk if they are huge. It takes skill and athleticism to be a well rounded great player.

This is why I am not a fan of Amar'e. He has absolutely no ability besides dunking.

Amare also has one of the highest rates of conversion on 2-point jumpers in the league, he's hitting 46% of his jumpers this year after hitting 44.5% last year and 46% the year before.

That said, he's definitely more of a shooter/finisher type than a real low-post threat, Nash helps his offensive numbers a bit and his defense and rebounding are issues.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
I think Andrew Bynum has the most potential at the center position. He's a gigantic human being like Shaq, and has fantastic skills for a 22 year old. Oden has the same kind of potential, I just don't know if he will ever be healthy for 50+ games a season.

Bynum has also been hampered with injuries himself (though some of those were just freak injuries) so he's another guy who could have been better. Centers just have a much shorter time span in the NBA. Thats why guys like Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Abdul-Jabbar, Chamberlain, Russell, Olajuwon, Duncan, etc.. are so great. Howard has a chance. Dude is build like a rock, but we'll see how long that body last 10-15 years from now.

Bulls riding a 4 game winning streak against another winnable team in the Wizards tonight. What is more encouraging is that we are finally beating the teams were suppose to beat, and not playing down to the competition like we had been.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
Bynum has also been hampered with injuries himself (though some of those were just freak injuries) so he's another guy who could have been better. Centers just have a much shorter time span in the NBA. Thats why guys like Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Abdul-Jabbar, Chamberlain, Russell, Olajuwon, Duncan, etc.. are so great. Howard has a chance. Dude is build like a rock, but we'll see how long that body last 10-15 years from now.

Bulls riding a 4 game winning streak against another winnable team in the Wizards tonight. What is more encouraging is that we are finally beating the teams were suppose to beat, and not playing down to the competition like we had been.

Ive always been a Warrick fan and Id definitely be very open to the Bulls bringing him back for the future, not as a starter but really good bench player. I really hope if the Bulls do land a big time f/a its either Bosh or Wade, I think with Rose starting to emerge as a star will only help bring them in over a place like NY.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 08:25 AM)
Oh, definitely. And if he can keep that up, it'd be great. But that being said, nothing anyone can say will convince me that he was the best player on the court for the Wolves last night :P

I hope Darko can succeed with the Wolves.

By the way, Utah came back from 25 down with 19 minutes left in the game to win in overtime.

Who on here posted that they thought Taj was the worst draft pick ever after only a week or so of play? I have a feeling I know but not accusing anyone.

The guy knows what he is doing, doesn't try and do to much, knows his role and is very good at it. It Tyrus had Taj's brain, I wonder what could of been.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
Who on here posted that they thought Taj was the worst draft pick ever after only a week or so of play? I have a feeling I know but not accusing anyone.

The guy knows what he is doing, doesn't try and do to much, knows his role and is very good at it. It Tyrus had Taj's brain, I wonder what could of been.

He was a pick with a low ceiling but considering it was a late 1st rounder I dont know how anyone cant be happy with his production. I dont know how much Gibson will improve as a player but he already would be a solid 6th or 7th man on any team.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
I hope Darko can succeed with the Wolves.

By the way, Utah came back from 25 down with 19 minutes left in the game to win in overtime.

Go Jazz! Hopefully they can make some noise this postseason, it's been nice to see them start playing well lately.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
Bulls have played possibly their worse game of the season so far, at least worse Ive seen. Even when they were winning they looked incredibly sloppy and now 2nd half its been terrible. I guess the bulls were due for a letdown.

First half was as well as they've played all season overall. 2nd half is just about as bad as they've played.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
First half was as well as they've played all season overall. 2nd half is just about as bad as they've played.

I disagree, all their shots were dropping but even so the Bulls were playing incredibly sloppy. Deng has annoyed me a lot this game too just jumping into people on offense.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
They'll be better with Noah 100 percent (if that happens this season) but it's hard for a mediocre, .500 team to win 5 games in a row, including 3 on the road. Even if all 5 games are against crappy teams.

Yet they won five on the road against good teams.

These Bulls are confusing.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
Deng has annoyed me a lot this game too just jumping into people on offense.

He's made me realize he is not a good long term fit to build around Derrick Rose. The selfish mentality, trying to "get his" not to mention he is what we call "an assist killer." Rose and Noah are good next year. I love Taj's game (starter material or bench guy I'll let others debate that since I have my own opinion) and I like JJ though I think the Bulls would rather have him develop elsewhere next year IMO. Unless we are getting Wade (which can help me stomach Deng as the third option if he accepts that, since Wade is also very good at passing the ball) I hope he's gone. He's pissing me off more than Kirk now-a-days and that is not easy to do. Flip gets to me with his lackluster defense too.