• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll admit it, I peed myself (metaphorically):

Cross Nets, Clippers & Heat off LeBron James' list of potential NBA homes

As if there hasn't already been enough speculation about LeBron James' plans for the future, the next five months are going to be off the charts.

But go ahead and cross off the Clippers, Nets and Heat from the list of potential destinations for James, even though they've all got salary cap space to attract the NBA's top free agent this summer.

James isn't playing second fiddle to Kobe Bryant and the Lakers, even if Clippers GM Mike Dunleavy traded off Marcus Camby, Al Thornton, Sebastian Telfair and got rid of Ricky Davis to create a maximum salary slot for the express purpose of landing James.

James might be tight with Net minority owner Jay-Z, but he's not coming to play in Newark for two years, which could turn into three or four seasons, depending on what happens to the Nets' Atlantic Yards project.

James isn't moving down to South Beach to team with Dwyane Wade. They both need to dominate the ball and the Heat wants to import a big man to pair with Wade. Chris Bosh tops the list, although the Heat were in trade talks this past week with Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire and Utah for Carlos Boozer, each of whom could become a free agent in July.

If James wants to win a title, his best chance, obviously, is to stay in Cleveland, where he can also sign for the most money.

While the Knicks were scrambling to get rid of Jared Jeffries' contract, which was the key to picking up enough cap space for two "maximum-salary" players, their brass was livid when it learned that the Cavaliers had stolen Antawn Jamison from the Wizards. The feeling inside the Two Penn Plaza offices is that Washington president Ernie Grunfeld stuck it to his old team by giving James the missing piece to the Cavs' championship puzzle. Winning it all is seen as the best way for Cleveland to keep its franchise player.

"It was as if the Wizards said, "You want Antawn Jamison? Well, here he is, take him,'" said one Knick executive. "They handed him over, just like the Timberwolves gave Kevin Garnett to the Celtics."

If James wants to go to a bigger market and join what would be a strong supporting cast, in Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich and Joakim Noah, he could go to the Bulls. Like the Clippers, the Bulls engineered a deal to get them far enough under the salary cap to give them a "max-salary" slot. They were so intent on clearing cap space, they were willing to give Hinrich away. But in the end, they swung the deal with the Bucks that removed John Salmons from their cap and gave them the necessary space to make a run at James.

"That's the one team no one talks about," said a person with close ties to James.

But Bosh, the top big man in the free-agent pool, is considered the Bulls' primary target.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
The article about James makes no sense. He won't go to the Heat because both him and Wade would want to dominate the ball. I'm sure that's true, but why would he come to Chicago where we have one of the best point guards in the league?

because he knows Rose will get him the ball?

The article about James makes no sense. He won't go to the Heat because both him and Wade would want to dominate the ball. I'm sure that's true, but why would he come to Chicago where we have one of the best point guards in the league?

Yeah, it's kind of silly. Rose and Wade are both basically combo guards with similar roles. I guess you could say Rose might be more acquiescent to playing without the ball since he's less established.

Edited by JorgeFabregas

Rose isn't a ballhog. In fact he is the opposite. Even on a team with no real natural scorers, he is too giving with the ball.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
Rose isn't a ballhog. In fact he is the opposite. Even on a team with no real natural scorers, he is too giving with the ball.

Wade is definitely not a ball hog. He's one of the best passing shooting guards in NBA history, and is willing to defer to teammates whenever there's any amount of talent around him.

Wade and Lebron would work tremendously well together, with Wade deferring to Lebron most of the time. However, it's just not happening.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
Good article on Joe Alexander.

I really liked him in college, hope he turns it around.

http://blogs.bulls.com/chicago_bulls_blog/...s-way-back.html

How awesome would it be if one of Alexander or Law somehow found their potential at a very low wage for the Bulls?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
They could always resign them as filler spots after the big free agent stuff is done.

Yeah, but I don't think watching him shoot free throws for the next few months will have the Bulls all hot and bothered. We'll see, though.

Deng had a "quiet" 31 points. At least for this game, he looks like he "gets it." Shoot the open shot when DRose (or whomever) passes you the ball (assist for him, 2-3 points for you) and drive when you need to. And I'm sick of VDN now dicking around Noah. If he's only playing 6 minutes a game, (especially when he wants more playing time) then just sit him out and have him rest the foot. (not to mention VDN is costing him the most improved player award with Noah's stats drastically dropping now) I love when a reporter asked why Noah played 6 minutes Vinny said "uh" about 4 times trying to create an excuse. (not to mention putting the starters back in, taking some PT away from guys like JJ, a minute left up by 10)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 12:20 AM)
Deng had a "quiet" 31 points. At least for this game, he looks like he "gets it." Shoot the open shot when DRose (or whomever) passes you the ball (assist for him, 2-3 points for you) and drive when you need to. And I'm sick of VDN now dicking around Noah. If he's only playing 6 minutes a game, (especially when he wants more playing time) then just sit him out and have him rest the foot. (not to mention VDN is costing him the most improved player award with Noah's stats drastically dropping now) I love when a reporter asked why Noah played 6 minutes Vinny said "uh" about 4 times trying to create an excuse. (not to mention putting the starters back in, taking some PT away from guys like JJ, a minute left up by 10)

I can't agree more with that.

Noah fell from #2 rebounder to #4.

Deng just needs to let the game come to him and he would be a great asset to this team, against the Wizards he kept trying to force the issue and it ended up horrible. Especially when the Bulls hopefully acquire a max f/a this off-season, Deng hopefully realizes that as the 3rd option he is going to get great looks and not jump into people under the basket.

Dwight Howard became the 1st player since Wilt Chamberlain to score more than 30 points, grab more than 15 rebounds and have a perfect shooting night (he was 11-11 from the floor).

Also Kevin Durant had his 25PPG streak stopped at 29 games last night.

I also think Durant deserves some MVP consideration considering how he and the Thunder have come on this season.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)
Dwight Howard became the 1st player since Wilt Chamberlain to score more than 30 points, grab more than 15 rebounds and have a perfect shooting night (he was 11-11 from the floor).

Also Kevin Durant had his 25PPG streak stopped at 29 games last night.

I also think Durant deserves some MVP consideration considering how he and the Thunder have come on this season.

This is the NBA, we all know that won't happen. Ask Carmelo Anthony.