Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 07:57 AM)
Dwight Howard became the 1st player since Wilt Chamberlain to score more than 30 points, grab more than 15 rebounds and have a perfect shooting night (he was 11-11 from the floor).

Also Kevin Durant had his 25PPG streak stopped at 29 games last night.

I also think Durant deserves some MVP consideration considering how he and the Thunder have come on this season.

He'd be my pick if not for Lebron. You look at the combination of individual numbers and overall value to his team, I don't think anybody outside of Lebron tops Durant. Hell of a player.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 09:51 AM)
He'd be my pick if not for Lebron. You look at the combination of individual numbers and overall value to his team, I don't think anybody outside of Lebron tops Durant. Hell of a player.

And Durant is a whopping 21 years old currently.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
And Durant is a whopping 21 years old currently.

I can never not be biased, as I grew up during the Jordan era, so that time will always stand out to me. But we've got some special, special players in the league today. Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Melo, Durant, Paul, Howard, Paul, Nash, Bosh, ect.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
I can never not be biased, as I grew up during the Jordan era, so that time will always stand out to me. But we've got some special, special players in the league today. Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Melo, Durant, Paul, Howard, Paul, Nash, Bosh, ect.

Paul is so special you had to say his name twice huh? :P Hell when Nash/Kidd get too old, we got some new studs ready to step in comming up in the next couple years in the draft. (some still in high school) Gonna be a fun ride to watch.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
Paul is so special you had to say his name twice huh? :P Hell when Nash/Kidd get too old, we got some new studs ready to step in comming up in the next couple years in the draft. (some still in high school) Gonna be a fun ride to watch.

God damnit. Alcohol does indeed kill brain cells.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)

You made that list without mentioning DR1. I'm sad.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 09:06 AM)
Deng is getting a little to old to still be feeling his way around the game. They talked to him after the game and his comments are just nonsense. I do not think the guy will ever really get it on a consistent basis.

What was the essence of what he said? What did you want him to say?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
Hmm, Hasheem Thabeet sent to D-League.

That was such a bad pick, I'll never understand his predraft hype.

You didn't like the #2 selection of a tall guy with very few offensive skills outside of jumping? I didn't even like him at UConn.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 10:48 PM)
You didn't like the #2 selection of a tall guy with very few offensive skills outside of jumping? I didn't even like him at UConn.

I really didn't understand anything, especially why the Grizzlies picked into the hype of a really tall guy. Had they drafted Evans, well, that would have been a scary team.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
I really didn't understand anything, especially why the Grizzlies picked into the hype of a really tall guy. Had they drafted Evans, well, that would have been a scary team.

Eh, the last thing they need is another scorer with Randolph, Gay and Mayo all putting up 18+ (okay, 17.9 for Mayo), plus the team as a whole is scoring 102. Their defense is the issue. They really could have used a good passing PG that can defend (Rubio was the best fit, though he's probably not a plus defender) or a good defensive center that isn't a huge liability on the other end, which they were hoping was Thabeet. This was a terrible draft in which to pick second, especially given their needs.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 11:42 PM)
Eh, the last thing they need is another scorer with Randolph, Gay and Mayo all putting up 18+ (okay, 17.9 for Mayo), plus the team as a whole is scoring 102. Their defense is the issue. They really could have used a good passing PG that can defend (Rubio was the best fit, though he's probably not a plus defender) or a good defensive center that isn't a huge liability on the other end, which they were hoping was Thabeet. This was a terrible draft in which to pick second, especially given their needs.

Well, they were probably taking a good long look at Taj

They probably would have been safest off trading that pick in all seriousness.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 12:58 AM)
They probably would have been safest off trading that pick in all seriousness.

Who in the world would have thought that the Grizz would have anything other than a rebuilding outlook for the next 3 years coming into this season though?

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
Stephen Curry looks like he will be a superstar in about a year. The sheer amount of young talent in the NBA is ridiculous now. What a waste it would be to lose a year of play for all these young guys in the league.

I'm not sure it'll be a year, but it'll at least be 1/2 a year.

I feel sorry for Golden State fans though.

That team's got absolutely no chance at contenting while Don Nelson is there.

If they actually had a decent coach, that team could go places because they have a lot of young talent.

As for Curry, he is going to be a very good player for sure. The key for him though will be to improve his defense over time otherwise he'll be nothing more than another Monte Ellis.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 08:21 AM)
I feel sorry for Golden State fans though.

That team's got absolutely no chance at contenting while Don Nelson is there.

If they actually had a decent coach, that team could go places because they have a lot of young talent.

As for Curry, he is going to be a very good player for sure. The key for him though will be to improve his defense over time otherwise he'll be nothing more than another Monte Ellis.

I agree about Don Nelson, he's an absolute headcase. However, I think Stephen Curry is already a better play than Monta Ellis. He's a better passer, better shooter, and is a legit PG in the NBA.

Monta Ellis is a solid young player, but he has also been a gunner on a really bad franchise(coach). I couldn't believe Golden State turned down OJ Mayo and Hasheem Thabeet for Monta Ellis. But then I remember it was Don Nelson at the helm. Curry and Mayo would have been a great young backcourt, and Thabeet could have provide 10-15 mpg of defense beside Biedrins.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)

Sounds familiar to the Bulls. Except they actually draft the right guy at 2 and trade him for the wrong guy at 4.