6/19 Sox @ Cin - 6:10pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
whyd you have to jinx it moron

I was just thinking that if Jose gets one more out, he would have 20 scoreless innings.

DOH!

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
I guess my comment didn't get the point across as clearly as yours did judging by joejoe's response to mine.

I guess some of us have more sox than others...

Wow...who would'a guessed...

Contreras' ERA now at 4.97. Many, MANY folks on SoxTalk, myself included, would have laughed had we been told that was going to be hte case post-Charlotte.

Way to go Jose.

Ummm...Beckham hitting 8th balances out our line-up out and takes the pressure off of him.

Although you can certainly make the argument that Getz did well for a stretch earlier in the year at leadoff, he's finally found himself again batting at the bottom of the line-up where he really belongs (on a playoff or championship-caliber team).

Why is Konerko taking a 3-1 fastball there and not ready for it?

Was he really expecting a curveball? You have to look for the FB 2-0 and 3-1, then he ended up pull hooking an outside slider into an out.

Are we last in the majors hitting with RISP, or is it the Cubs? Has to be one of these two pathetic offenses.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 01:43 AM)
Why is Konerko taking a 3-1 fastball there and not ready for it?

Was he really expecting a curveball? You have to look for the FB 2-0 and 3-1, then he ended up pull hooking an outside slider into an out.

I told you, it's really weird seeing how out of it Jermaine and Konerko seem.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
I realize Soxtalk is not one collective voice but you hear so many calls for a youth movement, and when a solid yet unspectacular player like Getz struggles you hear calls for him to be sent down. Just so odd that people can't see his talent.

I've been calling for a youth movement and i've been telling everyone how I have zero concerns over Getzy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 07:45 PM)
I told you, it's really weird seeing how out of it Jermaine and Konerko seem.

I guess it's just age/health issues that are finally catching up with this team...KW got away with this risk for 4 years running.

The one thing that hasn't happened is AJ going down, which he acquired Castro as insurance for (also because Miller was/is horrible and there was probably a decision made that bringing up Flowers to play everyday with the eventuality of an AJ injury would be a disaster).

Ironic that our oldest player, Contreras, has unexpectedly been one of our best recently...when absolutely nobody predicted or expected it.

Looked like a slider/forkball that didn't move and just hung out over the plate...tried to surprise Phillips with offspeed stuff. Farmer thinks that Contreras is tipping his pitches with his glove position.

Edited by caulfield12