Rick Ankiel...

JPN366

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 04:17 AM)
The cliff notes of points in this thread on why we should NOT trade for Ankiel would be pretty pathetic.

Why can't we just say that he's a Boras client with an expiring contract who hasn't been very good this season?

QUOTE (Special K @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
Alright. Fine. I'd throw in Poreda too along with Beckham and Quentin to get Ankiel. But that is absolutely it, I wouldn't want to mortgage our future for him.

You need to highlight your posts in green when saying these funny things

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 10:18 PM)
Why can't we just say that he's a Boras client with an expiring contract who hasn't been very good this season?

The Boras client thing shouldn't be a big issue as Ankiel isn't gonna be receiving a big payday. Holliday, etc., yeah, it's a bigger issue. But right now, especially with this economy, Boras clients like Ankiel won't be breaking the bank... and like you said, he isn't having a great season.

heres the plan.....ya trade for ankiel, hope cq comes back before the trade deadline then ya trade dye for whatever you can get orrrrr ya hope pods is still goin at the rate hes goin andddd hope getz continues hitting like hes been hitting so you then trade pods for whatever ya can get move getz back up to the lead off spot then ya got Q Ankiel and Dye in the outfield....lets say gordo starts hitting like we know he can and throw him into the 2 hole we'd be looking at 1.getz 2. gordo 3. Q 4. thome 5. dye 6. konerko 7. lexi 8. ankiel 9. aj that lineup is friggin sick.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
The Boras client thing shouldn't be a big issue as Ankiel isn't gonna be receiving a big payday. Holliday, etc., yeah, it's a bigger issue. But right now, especially with this economy, Boras clients like Ankiel won't be breaking the bank... and like you said, he isn't having a great season.

He's basically an obvious platoon guy. Has a .823 OPS against righties and only a .505 OPS against lefties.

So you'd hope a guy like BA could platoon with him, but BA hits lefties worse (which has been a constant struggle for him throughout his career).

Depending on the price, I'd still look into it though.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
He's basically an obvious platoon guy. Has a .823 OPS against righties and only a .505 OPS against lefties.

So you'd hope a guy like BA could platoon with him, but BA hits lefties worse (which has been a constant struggle for him throughout his career).

Depending on the price, I'd still look into it though.

BA was solid in a platoon role last year. Well, looking at the splits, the numbers aren't all that great but he showed a lot of pop vs. lefties with 8 homers in 80 AB's.

I could live with a platoon of Ankiel and BA in CF until Danks is ready.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)
heres the plan.....ya trade for ankiel, hope cq comes back before the trade deadline then ya trade dye for whatever you can get orrrrr ya hope pods is still goin at the rate hes goin andddd hope getz continues hitting like hes been hitting so you then trade pods for whatever ya can get move getz back up to the lead off spot then ya got Q Ankiel and Dye in the outfield....lets say gordo starts hitting like we know he can and throw him into the 2 hole we'd be looking at 1.getz 2. gordo 3. Q 4. thome 5. dye 6. konerko 7. lexi 8. ankiel 9. aj that lineup is friggin sick.

f***ing sick

ya thats right i quoted myself, im drunk and thought about how f***ing sick that lineup is...pretty slow but sick nonetheless.

also since i have nothing better to kill this buzz im so f***in excited for the future of this team i mean seriouslyyyyyy look at this s*** C tyler flowers 1b brandon allen 2b chris getz 3b gordon bacon ss alasay romereoiz lf some super star free agent or guy we get in a trade (with this team we should have money) cf jordan danks rf carlos quentin dh Dayan Viciedo friggin sick

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)

f***ing sick

ya thats right i quoted myself, im drunk and thought about how f***ing sick that lineup is...pretty slow but sick nonetheless.

also since i have nothing better to kill this buzz im so f***in excited for the future of this team i mean seriouslyyyyyy look at this s*** C tyler flowers 1b brandon allen 2b chris getz 3b gordon bacon ss alasay romereoiz lf some super star free agent or guy we get in a trade (with this team we should have money) cf jordan danks rf carlos quentin dh Dayan Viciedo friggin sick