Where would you move to?

The Critic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've traveled all over the west and west coast and its ok, but I really want to try and move somewhere on the east coast like NC/SC/Virginia. I'd love to live in DC or Baltimore as well. I've been looking at Charlotte as a possible destination.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
I'd like to live in Chicago if it wasn't so expensive.

I just saw this post and would like to comment on it.

The cost of living in Chicago is VERY dependent on where you live. You can easily live in a suburb outside of the city, but the taxes are high in many areas and most of the "popular" towns property values are extremely high. For me living downtown, my taxes arent all that bad, but the cost of living is ridiculous. From my utilities to just the sales tax and cost of food, my expenses just to live are thousands of dollars a month. Couple in the highest gas prices in the country and all of the tolls/parking/permits/tickets and just getting from place to place can empty your wallet.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 08:20 AM)
Albuquerque or Santa Fe, NM

Possibly Denver area

Possibly Oregon

If I had to move overseas... New Zealand, no contest.

this is because of Lord of the Rings isn't it?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
this is because of Lord of the Rings isn't it?

No, its because I spent a couple weeks there, and despite the fact that I've been to something like 20 foreign countries, that was the only one I really found myself saying "I could live here and be happy". Ireland comes close, though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
No, its because I spent a couple weeks there, and despite the fact that I've been to something like 20 foreign countries, that was the only one I really found myself saying "I could live here and be happy". Ireland comes close, though.

i wanted it to be because of lord of the rings...

I have 3... all with very different climates...

1) Iowa.... this is where my wife is from, and I like the slow, laid back way of life.

2) Colorado... I really liked when i visited Denver. not digging the massive snow though.

3) Orlando, Florida... dude, it's Disney! Not liking the hot weather or hurricanes though.