Game Thread: 6/20 Richard (2-1) @ Cueto (6-4) 6:10CDT CSN/MLN

kev211

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 09:41 PM)
Where the hell has that been in his arsenal. That could help people stop sitting on his fastball.

That splitty apparently was just sick. I hope he decides to throw whatever that was more.

What happened last inning?

Did Alexei think Pods was coming home and get caught between 2nd and 3rd?

Alexei is having perhaps his best game of the season, but he's still not all there mentally...not to mention the pickoff at first, although Farmer thought it was a balk move.

That ball that Taveras hit where Konerko was pulled off the bag definitely shouldn't have been ruled a hit...costing Richard some ER's that weren't his fault. I guess the Cabrera trick of calling up to the scorekeeper worked for a struggling Taveras this time, at least we didn't go out and get THAT guy, one of the often-debated non-moves of the offseason.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
What happened last inning?

Did Alexei think Pods was coming home and get caught between 2nd and 3rd?

Alexei is having perhaps his best game of the season, but he's still not all there mentally...not to mention the pickoff at first, although Farmer thought it was a balk move.

Its a contact play. They both took off, the ball was sharply hit, and Pods ran back to 3rd instead of being a dead duck at home.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)
Linebrink is the last guy I want on the mound in a close team. I'm not sure why Poreda is even on the team right now.

really, really frustrating

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
Has Poreda pitched at all? Send him down now, he needs to devlop, not rot.

ozzie just has no concept of how to handle young players. simple as that. and it's not going to change unfortunately...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
I'm catching up with the game online now. We got 15 hits? Good.

We got four errors? WTF? Who committed them?

i don't remember, but the defense was terrible. missed plays all over, more than just the errors