White Sox Winner

Wasn't a Sox winner thread after yesterdays game which was surprising since Beckham had his 1st career HR.

Buerhle pitched a strong game. Paulie hit a single for career RBI #1000. Beckham had 2 hits and a walk. Wise double was his 1st RBI of the year . Jenk's 2nd consecutive save. :gosox3:

Edit: can a mod change the subtitle of the thread to say PK got 1000 career RBI's rather then a HR was his 1000th RBI ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Thank you Jerry Hairston.

Thank you Ramon Hernandez.

Thank you Mark Buehrle.

Thank you Gordon Beckham.

Thank you Scott Podsednik.

Thank you 2-run first inning.

Good road trip despite two bad throws to first by Clayton Richard and a major screw up by Scott Linebrink.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
Konerko did not go Deep

he was referring to the lack of a winner thread yesterday in which Pauly hit his 300th as a member of the Sox and Beckham hit his 1st

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
he was referring to the lack of a winner thread yesterday in which Pauly hit his 300th as a member of the Sox and Beckham hit his 1st

Actually indirectly I was. I came to the game late today and went to the Sox website and saw Paulie went deep yesterday and got career RBI 1000 today. Somehow I manged to think both happened today. Sorry for the mix up.

Buerhle now 7-2 . Jenks with his 17th save.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
Actually indirectly I was. I came to the game late today and went to the Sox website and saw Paulie went deep yesterday and got career RBI 1000 today. Somehow I manged to think both happened today. Sorry for the mix up.

Buerhle now 7-2 . Jenks with his 17th save.

should have just gone with what I said. It would have made us both look smarter

;)

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
I'm now almost over Thursday with the win today. Even though Linebrink tried again to gas can the stadium.

We may not like it but we're going to need him to work things out somehow, and the only way that's happening is on the mound unless he's actually hurt.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
We may not like it but we're going to need him to work things out somehow, and the only way that's happening is on the mound unless he's actually hurt.

Let's just hope Ozzie doesn't let him "work things out" in close games.

Another nice road trip. Hopefully they don't ruin another one with a horrible homestand. Unfortanatley it looks like the Tigers have caught a second wind. Were still 5 games back. If the Sox could somehow get to .500 by the ASB and Quentin is clear to make a post ASB return, i'd say make a run at it and make some moves. If they are still under .500, about 5-6 games back and Quentin is out for the remainder of the year, i'd say start looking forward to 2010.

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)

Exactly! As was said by Hawk and Stone Linebrink wasn't able to get anything over except his fastball. Hopefully he gets things back on track

Thank you Jerry Hairston.

Thank you Ramon Hernandez.

Thank you Mark Buehrle.

Thank you Gordon Beckham.

Thank you Scott Podsednik.

Thank you 2-run first inning.

Good road trip despite two bad throws to first by Clayton Richard and a major screw up by Scott Linebrink.

Yep.

Alexei is starting to hit the ball with authority (even ast 2 outs -- missiles).

Beckham got the deer-in-the-headlights portion of rookie debut out of the way and is already looking better than Fields.

Podsednik and especially Getz shortening/leveling their stroke which oddly enough allows them to drive the ball.

Contreras. Danks. Floyd. Buerhle.

Even Brian Anderson is looking decent on off-speed pitches last couple of games.

Better not have concentration letdown against Dodgers and Cubs at home, Ozzie. You hear me! :headbang

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 02:39 PM)
Exactly! As was said by Hawk and Stone Linebrink wasn't able to get anything over except his fastball. Hopefully he gets things back on track

And even then he wasn't really throwing a ton of strikes with his fastball either.

I'll be honest, the way the Sox lost the last game against the Cubs, and played the first couple of games against Cincy, I thought we were looking at the turning point into the basement for this season. For some reason something seemed to click yesterday in the middle of that game, so who knows what is going to happen now. It would just be nice to see some consistancy one way or the other so management knows what to do with this team before it is too late.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
I'll be honest, the way the Sox lost the last game against the Cubs, and played the first couple of games against Cincy, I thought we were looking at the turning point into the basement for this season. For some reason something seemed to click yesterday in the middle of that game, so who knows what is going to happen now. It would just be nice to see some consistancy one way or the other so management knows what to do with this team before it is too late.

The Sox have shown they can play well on the road. The key is showing they can win at home now. I'd love to see them take 4 of 6 from Los Dodgers and the Cubs.