Dan Marino is the best QB ever...

Be Good

I don't know. There's not much doubt that Dan's numbers are superior, but I'd rank Favre, Bradshaw, Elway, and Montana above him. Afterall, they got to the big dance and won it all. Never winning a SB will probably keep Marino from being considered the greatest QB in history.

I don't know.  There's not much doubt that Dan's numbers are superior, but I'd rank Favre, Bradshaw, Elway, and Montana above him.  Afterall, they got to the big dance and won it all.  Never winning a SB will probably keep Marino from being considered the greatest QB in history.

Montana, for sure was better than Marino. Elway too.

I don't know.  There's not much doubt that Dan's numbers are superior, but I'd rank Favre, Bradshaw, Elway, and Montana above him.  Afterall, they got to the big dance and won it all.  Never winning a SB will probably keep Marino from being considered the greatest QB in history.

Then perhaps he should be considered the best QB in history that never won a superbowl...

It wasn't his fault he never got there. He had no running game etc

Put him on that Broncos team Elway won with, and you get the same results. Same goes with the 9ers. You cannot hold that against him. It's not like he absolutely choked and couldn't get his team there. He didn't have anything around him to work with, some of those Fins teams were garbage.

Put him on that Broncos team Elway won with, and you get the same results. Same goes with the 9ers. You cannot hold that against him. It's not like he absolutely choked and couldn't get his team there. He didn't have anything around him to work with, some of those Fins teams were garbage.

Well, I know. I didn't say it was fair...just said that's the way it will probably be. People always remember the great ones who never won a title.

Well, I know. I didn't say it was fair...just said that's the way it will probably be. People always remember the great ones who never won a title.

And i think that's crap

But i guess that's how it is

Good points big hurt. I have to concur

:lol:

THANK you very very much

BE GOOD koch this

Wheres your girlfriend heater? :whip

SHE'S around somwehre.......BUT if she isnt home soon she has to cook for me for a week

Seneca Wallace...Seneca f***ing Wallace....and Sage Rosenfels....Sage f***ing Rosenfels....

All right... they were'nt spectacular or anything...but to Cyclone fans....those two were the best things to happen to Cyclone football since Johnny Majors, Jackie Sherril, Jimmy Johnson and Earle Bruce....and those were just coaches...

marino did get to one super bowl, but lost to montana.

i think marino is the best of all-time. unitas, tarkenton, bradshaw, elway, montana, luckman, all close. favre, not close.

Hmmm...Favre not close, but Elway is? Let's have a looksie...

I think it's pretty much agreed that the most important stats for a QB are completion %, yards, TD vs. INT, and QB rating

Favre = 60.9%, 42,285 yards, 314 TD (plus 12 rushing TD), 188 INT, 86.7 rating

Elway = 56.9%, 51,475 yards, 300 TD (plus 33 rushing TD), 226 INT, 79.9 rating

Both have won the big game, so I'd say that Favre is just as good if not better than Elway was.

Marino was a great QB, but as much as you say he had no running game, he also had a great offensive line to keep the defense away from him.

I would put Elway ahead of him for sure and possibly Montana. You must remember for years Elway had no running game and a bunch of no name receivers and led his team to the Superbowl 3, maybe 4, times before t. Davis arrived. His knack for leading his teams from behind was unmatched and his two Superbowl victories put him over the top.

As a Dolphins fan, I'm obligated to proclaim Dan Marino as the best QB ever.

Having gotten that out of the way, I do think Montana and Elway should rank ahead of him as more complete QBs. They won super bowls (though it's not entirely Marino's fault he didn't), we're "great leaders" (though Marino may have been as well), etc. However, I would argue that based on pure ability, Marino was the best "passer" ever. No one I've seen had the physical gifts to rival his arm, release, and accuracy or his consistency.

Just my opinion.

as a Dolphins fan from when they came into existence -

Marino is the best qb to never win a Super Bowl in the Super Bowl era. That qualifier must be there.

I would consider any modern era debate as to best qb ever in begin with Montana and then consider other names.

In the historic or all time debate, Luckman would be included, as would others.

But there is never one "best" ever. I'd rather see a list of the top 5 or top 10 qbs of an era or all time because there are things, for example, Elway did that Montana could not and of course the reverse of that is true also.

Too many sports fans are strictly stats driven these days. The game in the NFL is completely different than in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Most passes in todays game are of the "safe" variety. I miss the days of Daryl Lamonica "the mad bomber" of Oakland Raiders fame. His favorite receiver Warren Wells averaged something like 26 yards a catch in the 69 season. The West Coast offense, although very effective ruined the game IMO. Dink, dink, dink all the way down the field. Boring. As far as the all time greatest QB I think it's between Unitas and Montana. Pick one. Did you folks know that Hall of Famers Unitas, Montana, Marino, Kelley, Namath and Blanda are all from SW Pa, in or near Pittsburgh? One of my youthful favorites was Sonny Jurgensen. He had a great arm and always had a beautiful woman on his arm, even though Joe Willie got all the publicity. The Bears have not had a consistently good QB since Sid Luckman. Sad. I can't resist this final comment. Kordell isn't going to make you forget any of the names mentioned in this thread. He's brutal.