Gordon Beckham's Last 15 Games

HuskyCaucasian

I've been quite happy with Becks the past two weeks. He looks like--for ONCE--one of our young guys who can actually mature into a great player all-around.

Getz has looked good too--great knockdown yesterday.

Young guys playing well, starting? Me likey.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 09:52 AM)
Seriously.

I'd much rather have Poreda pitch than Linebrink.

They have to start pitching Poreda more often or send him back down IMO, he needs regular work. Anybody hear if they have him on a more rigid throwing schedule than other BP guys?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)
You actually have him in a fantasy league...?

:unsure:

yeah matter of fact, I traded Torii Hunter for him straight up, and where I now I got fleeced on that trade as of right now, this kid is gonna rake in the 2nd half. He is eligible at SS and 3B which is HUGE and strike-out very little. He was owned by over 45% of mixed leagues by his second game in the majors. So, yes I actually have him in a fantasy league and already paying huge dividends. Fanboy or not, if you wait to pick up Saint Gordon, you will lose out on him. People know what he can do and the spark a rookie like him could provide outside of Chicago.

Edited by watchtower41

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)
yeah matter of fact, I traded Torii Hunter for him straight up, and where I now I got fleeced on that trade as of right now, this kid is gonna rake in the 2nd half. He is eligible at SS and 3B which is HUGE and strike-out very little. He was owned by over 45% of mixed leagues by his second game in the majors. So, yes I actually have him in a fantasy league and already paying huge dividends. Fanboy or not, if you wait to pick up Saint Gordon, you will lose out on him. People know what he can do and the spark a rookie like him could provide outside of Chicago.

If that's not a keeper league and you don't have outfield depth, that's a bad trade.

yeah matter of fact, I traded Torii Hunter for him straight up, and where I now I got fleeced on that trade as of right now, this kid is gonna rake in the 2nd half.

THat was a horrible trade.

I picked him up as well, but my teams really suck.

Yep in the last 5-6 games, Beck's done a much better job and his numbers reflect that.

Now he has to show that he can hit at the Cell (.083/.154/.083) so far.

DBAHO, good point. He should be rakin at the Cell in the warmer weather now and the fact that it is a hitter's park.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
If that's not a keeper league and you don't have outfield depth, that's a bad trade.

I fully knew it was an uneven trade going into it, I just wanted Bacon and Hunter off my team. I could careless about his above average first half, Torii is playing way over his head. My only other 3B was Andy LaRoche

OF depth...

Braun

Beltran

Sizemore (DL)

Werth

let's just say I had a surplus of outfielders to basically give away. This is in a 12 team head to head as well, where a lot of emphasis on drafting ACE pitchers in the first couple rounds for some teams...justifying on how I oucld have such an outfield in a 12 team league. My best starter is Verlander, but I had to take those big 3 up there with my first 3 picks as it could have been hte most lethal fantasy outfield ever created. Could have....

Just pick up Wise. It's all the same.

If you think Carrasco is as good as Linebrink, then IMO you are dead wrong. Carrasco is a total stiff, not in the realm of a Gobble, but a career journeyman at best; Linebrink has a track record of being something. If you think Carrasco was the right move over Linebrink, then bless you.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 02:09 PM)
You could have gotten a much better 3B than Beckham with a guy like Hunter.

Yes, I was offered Russell Branyan. I didn't want him. Hunter is not historically a fantasy stud or anything, I think I drafted him in the 19th round or some bs. He didn't start on my team, so realistically I really didn't lose anything except for minor depth.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)
They have to start pitching Poreda more often or send him back down IMO, he needs regular work. Anybody hear if they have him on a more rigid throwing schedule than other BP guys?

If Richard struggles fielding and pitching continue you might see their roles reversed. Of course there's always Colon lurking , too.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
I fully knew it was an uneven trade going into it, I just wanted Bacon and Hunter off my team. I could careless about his above average first half, Torii is playing way over his head. My only other 3B was Andy LaRoche

OF depth...

Braun

Beltran

Sizemore (DL)

Werth

let's just say I had a surplus of outfielders to basically give away. This is in a 12 team head to head as well, where a lot of emphasis on drafting ACE pitchers in the first couple rounds for some teams...justifying on how I oucld have such an outfield in a 12 team league. My best starter is Verlander, but I had to take those big 3 up there with my first 3 picks as it could have been hte most lethal fantasy outfield ever created. Could have....

In one of my 10 team leagues I have an outfield of...

Ryan Braun

Manny Ramirez

Ryan Ludwick

Nelson Cruz

Curtis Granderson

Shane Victorino

Originally drafted Braun and Ludwick. But since this league is public and extremely stupid, I picked up Cruz, Granderson, and Manny off of waivers or free agency. I also traded Broxton for Victorino.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
Let's stop talking about the fantasy bulls***, and get back to how awesome Beckham is in reality

But when fantasy players start picking up rookie players not even a month into his playing career, that's speaking volumes.

Downloaded updated Rosters from MLB the show and started a new franchise. Beckham is hitting in the high .300's 24 games in with 2 Hr and 11 RBI. Team is on a 6 game winning streak 16-8. Had a stretch of about 7 games in a row where I scored less than 3 runs...last 3 games 11, 11, 9

Getz (Pods got injured) .252 1hr 6 RBI 5sb

Ramirez .319 3hr 11 RBI 4sb

Quentin .330 7hr 14 RBI

Thome .350 7hr 18 RBI

Dye .330 12hr 23 RBI (he was batting low .200's 6 games ago with 3hr...has hit 9hr in 4 of last 5 games)

PK .240 2hr 6RBI

AJP .290 2hr 8RBI

Beckham .389 2hr 11 RBI 3sb

Anderson .230 0hr 2 RBI

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
But when fantasy players start picking up rookie players not even a month into his playing career, that's speaking volumes.

I just HATE fantasy baseball, and all fantasy sports for that matter.

I dont want to root for anyone that's not on the Sox, not would I "draft" anyone on a rival team to the Sox, because I don't want an individual to do good let alone the team. joe Nathan is an awesome closer with good fantasy numbers, btu f*** him, he's a Twin...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 05:28 PM)
In one of my 10 team leagues I have an outfield of...

Ryan Braun

Manny Ramirez

Ryan Ludwick

Nelson Cruz

Curtis Granderson

Shane Victorino

Originally drafted Braun and Ludwick. But since this league is public and extremely stupid, I picked up Cruz, Granderson, and Manny off of waivers or free agency. I also traded Broxton for Victorino.

I've got that s*** beat:

Braun

Carlos Lee

Markakis

Ramirez (manny)

oh, and Fielder and Ortiz in there too, with a side of Reynolds.