Gordon Beckham's Last 15 Games

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 06:15 PM)
I just HATE fantasy baseball, and all fantasy sports for that matter.

I dont want to root for anyone that's not on the Sox, not would I "draft" anyone on a rival team to the Sox, because I don't want an individual to do good let alone the team. joe Nathan is an awesome closer with good fantasy numbers, btu f*** him, he's a Twin...

We would get along. I'm anti-fantasy as well, and I think "Armageddon" is a great Trio track. I dont really know any albums past that one, loved the real old stuff.

Woo Hoo Becks went 3-3 last night with 1 BB, a pretty good night!! :headbang

His OBP is getting better and better. My only concern has been his errors in AA ball and in the bigs. But it could well be from learning the ropes at a new position (3rd). I think most of his erros in BHam were at SS. Hopefully he will get better at fiedling with time. :gosox1:

He's started going up the middle with and even pulling the fastball the last few games. If he can continue to do that without compromising his regular swing, he's going to be a .300 plus hitter. He seems to have made an adjustment at the major league level as a 22 year old rookie, which I did not think he could do. I'm impressed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
He homered today on another inside pitch.

As Stone has been saying, pitchers and scouts will pick up he's taking balls to the other field on the outside and more power will come as they pitch him inside

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
As Stone has been saying, pitchers and scouts will pick up he's taking balls to the other field on the outside and more power will come as they pitch him inside

His hard base hit ground ball up the middle was on an outside pitch.

You can't get him out anywhere.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 10:10 PM)
His hard base hit ground ball up the middle was on an outside pitch.

You can't get him out anywhere.

Right now, the best option a pitcher has against him is pounding him inside with the fastball. But that'll only work if that fastball sits in at least the mid 90's or has some real good movement.

His hips are just so ridiculously quick. He can turn on a pitch inside (two of his homers came on inside fastballs) and he can make you pay outside going back up the middle, or hitting it to the rightside. I still want to see more XBH from him, but you can see why this kid is so special, and was picked in the top 10 in the whole nation. I mean it was obvious at UGA, and like Stone and others say.. He has star written all over him.

I am wondering if he can keep learning and his OBP will soar. This is a ridiculous comparison question but does he have the natural hitting ability of say a Pujols but with less power or are their swings/body motions different? Or is he more of an A-Rod type swinger with less power?

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 12:24 AM)
I am wondering if he can keep learning and his OBP will soar. This is a ridiculous comparison question but does he have the natural hitting ability of say a Pujols but with less power or are their swings/body motions different? Or is he more of an A-Rod type swinger with less power?

I'd settle for Dustin Pedroia

SoxAce, you're killing me. I laughed way too hard at that. I told some of my non-Sox fans friends about the nickname. It's everyone's favorite. We are all hoping it sticks on a national level and Hawk talks about it's origins on air. That would be epic tv.

So I was talking to my gf about the Sox and how epic Beckham is/will be (she really wants to learn more about baseball) and I was joking around about how sexy Becks is on the field and off of it. She agreed, maybe when I take her to the game Ill go try and get an autograph or watch Becks warm up when she goes to the bathroom :ph34r: