Gordon Beckham's Last 15 Games

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that I love about Beckham is his approach with RISP. He has been absolute money for the last 2 weeks, and everything is up the middle. An exception was last night when he struck out vs Herges, but he was very close to a RBI in his first two swings, he was killing the ball foul

Beckham is the best talent we've seen come up through our system since the Big Hurt. He very well could wind up the best of his draft class... it's certainly starting out that way.

Kinda ironic, the one time the Sox take the guy I wanted them to take!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)
Beckham is the best talent we've seen come up through our system since the Big Hurt. He very well could wind up the best of his draft class... it's certainly starting out that way.

Kinda ironic, the one time the Sox take the guy I wanted them to take!

T Beckham (Rays), Posey (Giants), Alvarez (Pirates), Smoak (Rangers), Cashner (Cubs), and our Beckham certainly have the talent to make this one, of not the, best class ever.

Gammons said the other night that Smoak, despite how good Beckham has been for us, has the potential to be the best player of this class, like a Chipper Jones type, especially playing in that stadium. Cashner was moved up to AA yesterday after he posted a 1.6 (I might be off on 1.6) ERA in 12 starts for the Cubs single-A affiliate.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 09:03 AM)
T Beckham (Rays), Posey (Giants), Alvarez (Pirates), Smoak (Rangers), Cashner (Cubs), and our Beckham certainly have the talent to make this one, of not the, best class ever.

Gammons said the other night that Smoak, despite how good Beckham has been for us, has the potential to be the best player of this class, like a Chipper Jones type, especially playing in that stadium. Cashner was moved up to AA yesterday after he posted a 1.6 (I might be off on 1.6) ERA in 12 starts for the Cubs single-A affiliate.

Don't forget some of the other, lower round guys. For example, if he ever comes back healthy, there's this Danks kid who was drafted in round 7 who looks pretty good.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)
Don't forget some of the other, lower round guys. For example, if he ever comes back healthy, there's this Danks kid who was drafted in round 7 who looks pretty good.

Dex Carter and Hudson have some potential as well. Either way Beckham is a f***ing stud. I long said if this team was going to compete it would be because the young players and right now it is the young players that have infused a new mix to the club.

Plus Danks and Floyd have been freaking ridiculous.

Wow with Vitters and Cashman it looks like the Flubbies are finally doing something right with the farm. Doh!!

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)
Wow with Vitters and Cashman it looks like the Flubbies are finally doing something right with the farm. Doh!!

They are both a long ways away and the Cubs system is still considered one of the worst in baseball.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
For my money, if Beckham's average stays here, along with a homer about every 20 ABs or so, plus some progression on defense (mostly consistancy) I will call his 2009 a raging success for him.

.300 BA, 1HR/20AB.... that there is Jeter type numbers.

After his horrible start, he's coming on. He'll go through some more down times as the league adjusts. If he can get out of the "slumps" quicker and make adjustments to the adjustments he will see, he'll have a real good first season under his belt.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
They are both a long ways away and the Cubs system is still considered one of the worst in baseball.

I read during one of the BA chats that only the Astros are keeping them from being universally regarded as the worst system in baseball. They've almost literally got nothin' outside of Vitters. Why the hell is he still in low A ball by the way? I think I'll bring that up in the next BA chat.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)

Buster Posey could eventually be THE premier catcher in the league.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)

How many guys are there now that are having that said about them? Mauer, Weiters, Saltalamaccia (at least that was said about him 2 years ago), hell throw in Flowers if he keeps hitting.

It's kind of weird to me...right now the catcher with the 2nd best OPS in the NL is Brian McCann's backup.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 01:56 PM)

Not with Mauer, McCann, and maybe Wieters in the league.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
So they finally promoted him? And he is only 19. So there's nothing wrong with him being at high A at this point.

True. I didn't realize he's only 19.