Stupid questions people have asked you

lostfan

My favorite ones:

"Can you see without your glasses?" Why the f*** would I wear glasses or contacts every day if I could see without them?

"Did you know you have gray hair?" Yeah, it hasn't been there for 12 f***ing years, and I have NEVER looked in a mirror since I was 15 when I allegedly got my first one. Next you're gonna tell me I'm black or something.

Any of you guys got any?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
My favorite ones:

"Can you see without your glasses?" Why the f*** would I wear glasses or contacts every day if I could see without them?

"Did you know you have gray hair?" Yeah, it hasn't been there for 12 f***ing years, and I have NEVER looked in a mirror since I was 15 when I allegedly got my first one. Next you're gonna tell me I'm black or something.

Any of you guys got any?

Yes, and from another heated debate on this board, people now know I work for Blue Cross -- so it's pretty annoying when people ask me if I have good health coverage.

Yes, I'm seriously asked that, a lot.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
Yes, and from another heated debate on this board, people now know I work for Blue Cross -- so it's pretty annoying when people ask me if I have good health coverage.

Yes, I'm seriously asked that, a lot.

lol. That's like asking a cop if he's ever fired a gun before.

I've almost got a PhD in Cognitive Psychology and people, when I tell them what I do, always ask "Are you analyzing me right now?" No. And even if I WAS a clinical psychologist you better be paying me for that.

At a part time job at JoAnn fabrics men (always men, never women) think it's hilarious to call me JoAnn or ask if my name is JoAnn. Despite that fact that I am wearing a name tag, that does NOT say JoAnn.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
I've almost got a PhD in Cognitive Psychology and people, when I tell them what I do, always ask "Are you analyzing me right now?" No. And even if I WAS a clinical psychologist you better be paying me for that.

At a part time job at JoAnn fabrics men (always men, never women) think it's hilarious to call me JoAnn or ask if my name is JoAnn. Despite that fact that I am wearing a name tag, that does NOT say JoAnn.

Sorry Soxy, this made me lol.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)

I gotta be honest, I would probably do the same thing and find it funny. Don't take it personally though, regardless of who the person working was, I would do that. It's the beauty of the male's tendency towards sophmoric humor, we don't mean it as personal, we're just childish.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
I gotta be honest, I would probably do the same thing and find it funny. Don't take it personally though, regardless of who the person working was, I would do that. It's the beauty of the male's tendency towards sophmoric humor, we don't mean it as personal, we're just childish.

But why is it funny? I just don't get it.

I'm not insulted or anything by the JoAnn thing, it just kills me that all the dudes that do it think it's their original brilliant idea. I mean do the women that work at Michael's get asked if their name is Michael?

QUOTE (Soxy @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
But why is it funny? I just don't get it.

I'm not insulted or anything by the JoAnn thing, it just kills me that all the dudes that do it think it's their original brilliant idea. I mean do the women that work at Michael's get asked if their name is Michael?

I think they are trying to break the ice over the fact that they are males in a fabric store or something. I would guess that every guy who asks you that question is probably straight. That's the best explination I can come up with anyways.

When I am at work, when i am helping someone with their account I always start the end of the call with "Is there any questions I can answer for you about your account?"

I would have to say 9 times out of 10 people say "No. But I did want to ask you one thing....."

I could make a day out of writing all the stupid questions people have asked me. Since I work for consulting company hired to oversee everything security related at Toyota Park, I have the pleasure of dealing with all the patrons who attend sporting events and concerts. What's hilarious is, as Soxy briefly referenced, people are good for repeating themselves. Usually all the drunken mayhem is reserved for concerts, though

These two are my favorites:

Q. I know (insert name of unknown Toyota Park employee or famous musician). Can I go backstage to meet them?

A. No. If you knew these people you would have proper credentials. (Personal screams something mildly coherent). Yes sir ok, I'm sure you'll have me fired. And sued. I'll see you then.

Q. Do you get to see all the concerts for free?

A. Yes. (After it has been 50 times and I'm just f***ing around with them). No, I paid the company to work here for the concert, and in return, they pay me according to how many people I bring into lockup.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
My favorite ones:

Any of you guys got any?

I've gotten that one before....i hate it cuz i'm only 24.

I've also been asked. Are you two brothers? When my Identical twin brother and I are out together. One time I got it after calling him brother.

Some answers:

No we're 4th cousins.

No we're just two friends who happen to look exactly alike.

He's my doppleganger.

Edited by onedude

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
Ha, I saw you said these same things on Facebook.

Yeah I don't remember which one I did first. I think the Facebook status cuz I'm always rambling about s*** I hate all the time.

I have a Nigerian friend who told me about how she went to visit Nigeria a few years back, and as her plane was about to land this American woman started getting all anxious and she asked the flight attendant if there were appropriate precautions to make sure the runway is clear of animals like zebras and giraffes.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)
The drive-thru kid at McD's asked my gf if her order was for "here" or "to go."

A long time ago I got blazed and I specified my order was "to go" at the drive thru and made a big deal out of it. I thought it was f***ing hilarious at the time. Looking back, yeah probably not so much.

I used to work at Blockbuster, if I recall, we had 4 registers and a queue, which is probably like how most Blockbuster stores are set up. Unless it's Friday or Saturday night they're not all open at any given time, though. There was a 5th computer off to the side that was used specifically to register new memberships to keep the line moving, there was never cash in the drawer and it was obvious it was separate from the other registers. Every week or so someone would come up to me while I was entering a new customer into the system and they'd ask "Is this register open?" while there was a line. Because I'm not an asshole at work I'd always say no, but I really wanted to say "YES!!! CONGRATULATIONS, YOU FIGURED OUT THE SECRET SHORTCUT! YOU BEAT THE SYSTEM! GOOD JOB DUMBASS!"

dealing with tourists on a daily basis, i've got too many to list. Some favorites:

Do you have internet? There are a whole host of questions dealing with hawaii being some remote island, where we don't recieve news or entertainment of any sort. Have you ever heard of craigslist? Whats the drinking age? I kid you not, how long does it take to drive here? What type of government we have? Seeing a pod of dolphins , look at all those sharks. You drive on the same side as we do. What type of currency do you use?yes we have espn. cable? Whats that. Yes we have us cell phone carriers, att, sprint, verizon, you name it.

While im ranting, i don't give a f*ck what the weather is like where you just came from. Nor do i care what time it is there, or how off your sleeping is. Everyone visiting is dealing with it, you're not special.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 04:58 PM)
I've gotten that one before....i hate it cuz i'm only 24.

I've also been asked. Are you two brothers? When my Identical twin brother and I are out together. One time I got it after calling him brother.

Some answers:

No we're 4th cousins.

No we're just two friends who happen to look exactly alike.

He's my doppleganger.

Hahaha...I have an identical twin brother too, and we got the same dumb questions.