Michael Jackson still dead.

Rex Kickass

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As complicated a human being as you will come across. The best way to explain Michael Jackson in my opinion is that he was a tortured genius, an example of why fame and fortune are often overrated and bring more insanity and lonliness than they do joys and happiness. This is a sad ending indeed.

He could also be used as a cautionary tale against pushing your kids too hard to perform in the public eye.

It could be argued that he didn't get to be a kid when he was a kid, so he spent the rest of his life trying to buy a childhood.

It was definitely a strange end to a strange existence.

No denying his talent, though.

Strange, strange individual. Growing up I loved his music but then he transformed into a sideshow, a joke. News coming across yesterday was shocking but based on what his life evolved into I guess it wasn't too surprising to have ended so suddenly.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 08:13 AM)
That would be a classy move and nice F U to Yoko.

I would be very surprised because everyone knows of MJ's massive debt -- that Beatles catalog is one of the few things left worth anything...his kids will be needing that money after the creditors come in and liquidate his estate (and they will the second the news dies down on his passing).

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 08:08 AM)
Yesterday was crazy, my Facebook news feed was blowing up. This is all anyone was talking about.

I went to a bar and suddenly it was all Michael Jackson on the jukebox. The London Sun was reporting that MJ overdosed on Demerol.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 07:16 AM)
I would be very surprised because everyone knows of MJ's massive debt -- that Beatles catalog is one of the few things left worth anything...his kids will be needing that money after the creditors come in and liquidate his estate (and they will the second the news dies down on his passing).

I'm thinking they'll work out an arrangement where they hold that auction they were planning before Jacko nixed it, and the proceeds go to the kids once the debts are paid. I think an auction would be massive now that he's gone.

That's just my guess, anyway.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 09:41 AM)
I had a personal boycott on buying his music because I wouldn't help fund his pedophile actions. Now I am free.

See, it's good to be old...I bought mine before all that happened.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 12:44 AM)
Farrah Fawcett also passed away.

I found it sad that the Fawcett death hardly got any attention compared to Jackson's death (at least where I'm from anyways).

What's going to happen to the 3 kids now as well?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
I wasn't planning to post any tributes...but this is impressive. Breaking: Google, Twitter, the LA Times, Perez Hilton, TMZ, AOL Instant Messenger, and Wikipedia simultaneously?

That's impressive. Although, anytime you can shut up Perez Hilton I am all for that.

Am I the only one who found/finds it absolutely repulsive the amount of coverage he's getting? He's a freakin' peder-ass. He was pyschotic. Yeah he was a gifted musician (25 years ago) with a difficult past, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he molested little boys and became a pain killer addict.

I swear, flipping through the TV last night I was surprised it was Michael Jackson that died and not Jesus.

And how about those awesome celeb statements? Madonna's says she can't stop crying. Quincy Jones said he lost a part of his soul. GMAFB.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 12:26 PM)
Am I the only one who found/finds it absolutely repulsive the amount of coverage he's getting? He's a freakin' peder-ass. He was pyschotic. Yeah he was a gifted musician (25 years ago) with a difficult past, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he molested little boys and became a pain killer addict.

I swear, flipping through the TV last night I was surprised it was Michael Jackson that died and not Jesus.

And how about those awesome celeb statements? Madonna's says she can't stop crying. Quincy Jones said he lost a part of his soul. GMAFB.

Quincy and Michael were supertight though - so I can see that. They worked together hand in hand for like 15 years - the street cred Q earned in the 80s and 90s are pretty much entirely due to Off The Wall and Thriller.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 11:37 AM)
I found it sad that the Fawcett death hardly got any attention compared to Jackson's death (at least where I'm from anyways).

What's going to happen to the 3 kids now as well?

Until about 5 pm EST, Fawcett's death and the Supreme Court decision banning school administrators from doing strip searches were the top headlines of the day.