Cubs @ Sox 3:05 6-26

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
There what is? Am I supposed to be happy about this? I didn't say anything bad, but giving up a 3 run homer immediately after an error would get someone like Gavin or Garland booed off of this site.

You might be right. I didn't say antyhing, but was going to mention that all three runs came off homers. We have two solo and they have two for five runs. Not good clutch throwing there and especially after that error

The crazy thing is that coming into this game, everyone knows the Cubs have 3 good hitters right now: Lee, Soto, and Fox. They have all 6 of their hits. If we can shut them down the rest of this series, we should be in good shape.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 02:41 PM)
The crazy thing is that coming into this game, everyone knows the Cubs have 3 good hitters right now: Lee, Soto, and Fox. They have all 6 of their hits. If we can shut them down the rest of this series, we should be in good shape.

GREAT point

Does Hawk know that Mark Teixeira is in the AL and is 10x better defensively at 1B then Konerko is?

Anyways, this one doesn't look good. Hopefully, in a game I'll be at, they can win tomorrow. They usually hit Dempster around pretty well.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
Does Hawk know that Mark Teixeira is in the AL and is 10x better defensively at 1B then Konerko is?

Anyways, this one doesn't look good. Hopefully, in a game I'll be at, they can win tomorrow. They usually hit Dempster around pretty well.

Also might be time to scrap the idea of Castro as Contreras' personal catcher, and use him more against LHP. With Castro's splits, it makes no sense to keep playing him against RHP.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
Alexei...get your f***ing head in the game.

But...it's his first year in the majors as a SS, so it's alright.

Honestly his lazy throws, his ability to make easy plays into tough ones, and his lack of concentration is getting really old.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
But...it's his first year in the majors as a SS, so it's alright.

Honestly his lazy throws, his ability to make easy plays into tough ones, and his lack of concentration is getting really old.

My biggest issue is how many hits he gives up due to playing everyone so far up the middle. If a player hits one in the hole between 3rd and SS, it's an automatic hit.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
now the shadows are over home plate.

oh well -- wanted the sweep, i'll take 2 of 3.

Lineup will look significantly better tomorrow with 2 more lefties in it. I'd also love to see Ozzie shake things up and move Alexei down in the order to try and put him into a more run-producing role.