ozzie

C_LEE45

As a fan, I felt pretty good when AJ strolled to the plate, even against a lefty.

One pitch later I felt lousy.

You can second guess all day and I'm sure people will. So point out the 10 bad moves Oz made. When you lose, there are all sorts of things to second guess.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
If you can get them to take their best reliever out of the game, you do it.

The Cubs don't have a best reliever. They all suck, and that certainly includes Marmol. Guzman would be the best, but that is not saying much at all.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)
If yer depending on Ramon Castro oodles and oodles something is wrong.

But that situation aside, the roster is just very flawed. Even on a day where the aging guys came through, it's still a pretty horrid bunch of supporting cast guys here.

You could tell as soon as the lineup was posted that our 6-9 hitters were going to be in a lot of trouble. Castro just shouldn't be playing against RHP, and what the hell happened to Getz? He doesn't put up near the productive numbers to go through these long slumps.

You could tell as soon as the lineup was posted that our 6-9 hitters were going to be in a lot of trouble. Castro just shouldn't be playing against RHP, and what the hell happened to Getz? He doesn't put up near the productive numbers to go through these long slumps.

From what I heard, his swing/approach mostly, isn't the same as it was in Charlotte. Not sure if he is still feeling those injuries suffered either/or if he is REALLY 100%, which I doubt.

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 12:18 AM)
A.J. was the hot hitter and Castro would have found a way to swing at one of those garbage sliders...I can't fault Ozzie for having A.J. hitting because if he didn't, we would be questioning why he left him on the bench.

But why did it have to be a catcher in that position? You put Wise up there, and they pull Marmol (no way they let him walk in tying run). Then, you can put Nix into the game and you save AJP if needed for their closer. Kinda of like a double switch in that regard.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
ummmm Castro vs marmol who cant pitch a strike or AJ vs marshall wow sure hope we can take 1 of the next 2.

Because Ramon Castro has had a five year career on the South Side, was an integral part of a World Series winning team and is not only USUALLY a clutch hitter but one of our better overall hitters?

Yes, Ozzie should be fired after every loss and conversely, the team wins in spite of him when it does somehow manage to win.

Gardenhire should have been fired as well after Blackburn threw ill-advisedly into LF and cost his team the game and himself a loss.

Tiresome.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 06:21 PM)
But why did it have to be a catcher in that position? You put Wise up there, and they pull Marmol (no way they let him walk in tying run). Then, you can put Nix into the game and you save AJP if needed for their closer. Kinda of like a double switch in that regard.

I guess Ozzie was thinking way too far ahead.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 11:22 PM)
Because Ramon Castro has had a five year career on the South Side, was an integral part of a World Series winning team and is not only USUALLY a clutch hitter but one of our better overall hitters?

Yes, Ozzie should be fired after every loss and conversely, the team wins in spite of him when it does somehow manage to win.

Gardenhire should have been fired as well after Blackburn threw ill-advisedly into LF and cost his team the game and himself a loss.

Tiresome.

I'd rather get a righty up to bat, as they hit .075 pts higher against Marshall than lefties do.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 05:24 PM)
I'd rather get a righty up to bat, as they hit .075 pts higher against Marshall than lefties do.

I would have been fine with Fields hitting there...and had no problems taking out BA for Wise based on Brian's lackadaisical offensive game.

For whatever reason, this team just doesn't have "it," and won't get "it" unless we could somehow manage to reverse time in order to sign Blake, Hudson and trade for Edwin Jackson and Juan Pierre.

Funny, with four former or current Dodgers, surely we would be in first place in the ALCD.

Maybe even Andruw Jones, if you want to make it five.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 06:30 PM)
I would have been fine with Fields hitting there...and had no problems taking out BA for Wise based on Brian's lackadaisical offensive game.

For whatever reason, this team just doesn't have "it," and won't get "it" unless we could somehow manage to reverse time in order to sign Blake, Hudson and trade for Edwin Jackson and Juan Pierre.

Funny, with four former or current Dodgers, surely we would be in first place in the ALCD.

Maybe even Andruw Jones, if you want to make it five.

Andruw's hitting .246 now. He's kicking BA's ass in terms of OPS, but I'd rather have Brian's defense.

Hudson would have been a great fit for this team. But I guess Kenny didn't see the need for another 2B when we had two awesome 2B in Nix and Getz. Psych.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 06:03 PM)

Getz is a nice little part time player, a good 25th man to have on a roster. As is Anderson. The problem is, the Sox have two "25th men" in their starting lineup (2B & CF) another "25th man" at best in Josh Fields, and a guy not even good enough to be a "25th man" on most teams, Dewayne Wise, all on their current major league roster. Plus, they have a kid barely one year out of college starting at a position he never played before in his life.